• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Oldham Athletic 27th October 2020 19:00hrs ko FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Tuesday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Oxley
Bwomono Dieng Lennon Clifford
Egbri Taylor Olayinka ANG
Goodship
Sterling
Don't play Acquah the bloke is the only target man I have seen unable to win a header or jump!!

Did you ever see Jerome Boere?

If it is any consolation the Oldham fans sound as dispirited as we do:

“Never seen Southend play but I can guarantee they have a better midfield and two better full backs than us.”

“Nice to see the academy players come through and play for us, but he’s just not good enough.”

“It really is important that we do well tonight.

Important for Harry Kewell because a defeat might mean he gets the sack.

Important for the team as losing to the bottom of the league may well erode what little confidence is left.

Important for me as I cannot bear the thought of watching another performance like the one we put in first half on Saturday.”

“It is with a heavy heart I notice two important things the last 4 meetings we have failed to bag a single goal and SUFC have yet to win ..... 92nd min Southend fluke goal off Tim Dieng’s arse will take all three points.”

“We’re a mess defensively, we’ve no fight in midfield, and we’re second to every ball and get bullied. But McAleny, Rowe and Dearnley are probably up there with the best attacking players in the division so we have to at least start winning some games by simply outscoring the opposition even if we concede a couple. Tonight will hopefully be one of those nights.

“If a team is on a shocking run of form or haven’t won a game for ages, who would you want rolling up next? We’re renowned for kick starting other teams seasons.”

“The Dog and Duck would win at Southend."

"I didn’t say Oldham Athletic would win at Southend...the Dog and Duck are better than us.”

“Southend win 2 – 1.”

Lose that game tonight and failure to get embargo’s lifted tomorrow night, the fans will riots.

“Never seen Southend play but I can guarantee they have a better midfield and two better full backs than us.”

“Nice to see the academy players come through and play for us, but he’s just not good enough.”

Important for the team as losing to the bottom of the league may well erode what little confidence is left.

Important for me as I cannot bear the thought of watching another performance like the one we put in first half on Saturday.”

“It is with a heavy heart I notice two important things the last 4 meetings we have failed to bag a single goal and SUFC have yet to win ..... 92nd min Southend fluke goal off Tim Dieng’s arse will take all three points.”

“We’re a mess defensively, we’ve no fight in midfield, and we’re second to every ball and get bullied. But McAleny, Rowe and Dearnley are probably up there with the best attacking players in the division so we have to at least start winning some games by simply outscoring the opposition even if we concede a couple. Tonight will hopefully be one of those nights.

“If a team is on a shocking run of form or haven’t won a game for ages, who would you want rolling up next? We’re renowned for kick starting other teams seasons.”

"I didn’t say Oldham Athletic would win at Southend...the Dog and Duck are better than us.”

“Southend win 2 – 1.”

I was gonna get offended by the Dog and Duck comment. But they’re right!

Scunthorpe have had their next 3 games postponed.
I wonder if we can get above them in that time ?
Looking at the table Scunthorpe seem to be just as crap as us, if we hadn't conceded that last minute equaliser against Exeter we'd have an identical record to them, even on goal difference and goals scored.

“Southend win 2 – 1.”
Where can we sign this Dog and Duck!?

Reactions: GBJ
Oxley
Bwomono, Hobson, Dieng, Clifford
Egbri, Olayinka, Demetriou, K.Taylor, ANG
Acquah​

2-1 to Southend, goals from ANG and Taylor. Ron pays the tax bill in full tomorrow. All is well.

??

Come on you blues! Lets try and feel positive for tonight, rather than sending out negative thoughts :Happy::Happy:

Come on you blues! Lets try and feel positive for tonight, rather than sending out negative thoughts :Happy::Happy:
Plus I've put a bet down for us to win lol......... not been done in a very long time!

-------------------------------------OXLEY----------------------------------
ELVIS------------------DIENG----------------------LENNON----------CLIFFORD
-----------DEMETRIOU-----------OLAYINKA-----------K.TAYLOR-------------
-----------GOODSHIP------------STERLING---------NATTY-GEORGE---------

ACQUAH, RUSH, R.TAYLOR, HOBSON, EGBRI , SEADEN, PHILLIPS

Have Demetriou & Taylor sitting deeper, allowing both full backs to overlap with proper attacking width ...& give Olayinka free range to go box to box & support the front 3 with loads of movement and really get at their poor defence

WE'RE GONNA WIN !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter: :LoyalSupporter:

Scunthorpe have had their next 3 games postponed.
I wonder if we can get above them in that time ?
A two week gap for us right now might be good, time to send Lennon to the OP,
JW, Macca, Akinola to get fit.
Ralph to be sorted.
Maybe with a full squad we could make some good performances happen?

Blimey, looking at that list of players on the poll is depressing. I'd chose about 3 out of that lot. Can't we just play 3 a side with a rush keeper :)

Back