• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Southend United vs Oldham Athletic 27th October 2020 19:00hrs ko FL2

What would be your starting 11 for Tuesday and what do you think the result will be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've got a sneaky feeling we will win this, an early goal will go in for us and the confidence will flow leading to our short passing game tearing them apart.

I'd go with a bit more presence up top though with either Goodship or ANG playing in the hole behid Acquah but dropping back into left midfield when needed, we need to get someone closer to Acquah to benefit from his rapidly improving hold up play.

at the back I think it's time to give Lennon a night off and try Dieng and Hobson and just give Dieng the instruction to get his head on everything that comes into the box.

I've got a sneaky feeling we will win this, an early goal will go in for us and the confidence will flow leading to our short passing game tearing them apart.

I'd go with a bit more presence up top though with either Goodship or ANG playing in the hole behid Acquah but dropping back into left midfield when needed, we need to get someone closer to Acquah to benefit from his rapidly improving hold up play.

at the back I think it's time to give Lennon a night off and try Dieng and Hobson and just give Dieng the instruction to get his head on everything that comes into the box.

I'm sorry, but the way Goodship played when he came on, I don't want him starting. I think it's important to keep some consistency in the line up, and I agree that Hobson for Lennon should be the only change.

I'm sorry, but the way Goodship played when he came on, I don't want him starting. I think it's important to keep some consistency in the line up, and I agree that Hobson for Lennon should be the only change.

Fair enough, we do need someone to get closer to Acquah though and until Akinola is fit it looks like it's up to ANG, Sterling or Goodship to be that person

Oxley
Bwomono Dieng Lennon Clifford
Egbri Taylor Olayinka ANG
Goodship
Sterling
Don't play Acquah the bloke is the only target man I have seen unable to win a header or jump!!

Oxley
Bwomono Dieng Lennon Clifford
Egbri Taylor Olayinka ANG
Goodship
Sterling
Don't play Acquah the bloke is the only target man I have seen unable to win a header or jump!!

That's fine. We can chuck our other target man on instead.

He may not be the best player we have but we have absolutely no one else that can play that role.

I’m really lost at what would be our best line up for tonight’s game, but would go with the following

Oxley
JD Hobson Lennon Clifford

Dieng

ANG Taylor Arsenal lad

Acquah Goodship

I would have goodship tuck into left mid when defending and then getting as close to Acquah for knock downs etc when attacking.

but I do feel as though this is quite unbalanced but given the options and lack of real wingers in the side, I know we have egbri but if we play egbri we then leave Acquah isolated up top as no one gets close enough.

Im hoping for a win today, but not feeling very optimistic, which might be a good sign as previously I really believed we get a win and haven’t so maybe this feeling might be a good sign that while I hope for a win I fully expect another lose!

So don't play a Target Man at all then?

We could do. From the games I've seen this season when we have done that we have been awful and when he's been on the pitch we've had a slight improvement in performance.

A fiver says that the source of Shrimpet Steve's info on this was either Simon Cox or somebody close to him.
Just playing Devil's Advocate as I have no knowledge either way, but everything that has been fed to those ITK from Hutchinson or his dad, has been taken as gospel, whereas anyone else's view is shot down in flames. Seems a bit one-sided to me....

Just playing Devil's Advocate as I have no knowledge either way, but everything that has been fed to those ITK from Hutchinson or his dad, has been taken as gospel, whereas anyone else's view is shot down in flames. Seems a bit one-sided to me....

I would say I agree ... also any opinion I now express about all that stuff is now banned

just for the record. I don't know Hutchinson or his dad and haven't ever talked to them.
but I am aware of how badly he got treated by the last manager.
Nobody should be shot down in flames. Surely everyone's entitled to comments whether fact fiction or opinion.

Scunthorpe have had their next 3 games postponed.
I wonder if we can get above them in that time ?

just for the record. I don't know Hutchinson or his dad and haven't ever talked to them.
but I am aware of how badly he got treated by the last manager.
Nobody should be shot down in flames. Surely everyone's entitled to comments whether fact fiction or opinion.

There’s a genuine misconception on here that every sliver of info that comes out of the club has emanated from one singular source who has a grudge to bear.

The truth is, there are enough friends and family members of people involved with the club, who use this forum. Some get involved in the discussion, whilst others like to stay relatively silent & anonymous.

Like you, I’ve never spoken to either of the Hutchinson’s aside from a few disagreeable posts with Hutch Snr when he was on here, (although tbh I, like most, didn’t know it was him until after he was permabanned).

I’ve had some very insightful discussions with some on here though. FiremanBlue was always good for a chat.

And I’m still convinced that Ron himself has an account on here... and it’s not @rigsby

At the end of the day, if someone shares a tidbit of info, you can usually tell if they’re genuine, as that tidbit is normally proven to be true or false quite quickly.

Scunthorpe have had their next 3 games postponed.
I wonder if we can get above them in that time ?
Almost certainly, when Grimsby suffered a similar fate and went bottom, who knew we'd have Humberside to thank for sparing the smallest of our blushes for a few weeks at least!

Back