• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What happens if results dont improve

Just to put it out there we are on course to have the fewest ever points in a season. Derby hold the record in the Prem with 11 points for the season. But if we go back further when it was 2 points for a win then the lowest is 8! Based on how **** we are playing and performing We will be lucky to get any more points this season. We will either be wound up or continue our dire performance for the rest of the season and go into the record books with the lowest points in a season!

Just to put it out there we are on course to have the fewest ever points in a season. Derby hold the record in the Prem with 11 points for the season. But if we go back further when it was 2 points for a win then the lowest is 8! Based on how **** we are playing and performing We will be lucky to get any more points this season. We will either be wound up or continue our dire performance for the rest of the season and go into the record books with the lowest points in a season!

Wycombe in the championship

Wycombe in the championship
They might be struggling at the moment but they have not being soundly beaten week in week out and they are scoring more regularly than we are so expect them to pick up some wins soon, their performances haven’t been that bad! We on the other hand have been awful and have the bluntest or blunt attacks. I think a fag paper would be better than out attack, we are just so poor there isn’t even word to describe how bad we are!

If there was only a way to sack the owner
And there's the rub.

There isn't. We can't get rid of the person who owns the club.

If we really want to analyse when it started to go wrong, we can go back to when Martin Dawn bought Roots Hall for not a huge amount of money because it was essentially a fire sale and there was no other buyer. Ever since that day, the development has been the main aim and the writing has been on the wall.

But along the way we have had the best period in our history.

People need to remember that even though we were formed in 1906, we didn't get a promotion until 1971/2 season... that's 66 years. In the 49 years since then, we have won Division 4, league 1, been up to the old Division 2 twice with successive promotions, been promoted twice via the play offs and had other promotions as runners up and 3rd place, got to a League cup quarter final and 3 final appearances in what is the now Leasing.com trophy.

And most of that actually took place since Ron took over.

Anyone who seriously thinks we will be done a favour as a club if we are wound up tomorrow will be deluded. Yes, we'll start again at the bottom and yes, we may well come all the way back. But where will we play because there'll be no stadium, we may have to ground share with clubs like Billericay, Dagenham, Orient or Colchester then higher we get and there will be no area of ground in the Borough that will be released for a new stadium to be built. Temporary stands at Southchurch Park won't cut the mustard if we get higher up the pyramid.

We may have to have a ground out of the Borough in Basildon - oh the irony for those who remember the Vic Jobson days - and it won't be a Southend club any more.

Next year I'm 60. I have supported this club for 51 seasons. If we get wound up tomorrow - or any time after that actually - I will have seen my last professional football match played by a Southend team, probably in my lifetime. And I'm not ready for that just so a club owner can go and do one, only to be replaced by...

Well, who exactly?

It's all a bit **** but we have to just hope we come through and out the other side.

Last edited:
It’s unlikely that results will improve, let’s be honest. We’re terrible.

Changing the manager could work for a short period at least, although one thing is for certain, it won’t help our finances.

We will likely go down this season, unless two other teams fold.

So u think mm can keep loosing games and still keep his job?
As has already been pointed out, we can’t just keep sacking the manager every time we go 10 games without a win, because we’ll be paying off and hiring a new manager every 10 games.

People are constantly complaining about how RM doesn’t run the club well and wastes money yet want him to pay off a manager on a 3 (I think) year contract, along with his 6 backroom staff. Just to bring in a new manager who you’ll be demanding RM sacks by Christmas.

They might be struggling at the moment but they have not being soundly beaten week in week out and they are scoring more regularly than we are so expect them to pick up some wins soon, their performances haven’t been that bad! We on the other hand have been awful and have the bluntest or blunt attacks. I think a fag paper would be better than out attack, we are just so poor there isn’t even word to describe how bad we are!
Referees are finally cracking down on the covert cheating they pull when they get Jacobson to attempt to score directly from corners with another one disallowed tonight. They get everything they deserve coming to them, though, mind.

It’s our time for a stint in non league folks. I just had a count up and there are currently 27 teams in leagues 1, 2 and the NL, who in relatively recent years were league clubs who went down & came back up, or are still down there. Go down to the NL North & South & there’s even more. As long as we still have a club we’ll bounce back eventually.

Let's say we do sack MM.

Let's even say we manage to bring someone else in.

If, 10 games on, we still haven't won any games, do we sack him as well? And his replacement if things still don't change? Changing managers works if you have essentially decent players not performing, or a manager that is clearly playing the wrong system, not picking the best players, etc.

Managers have to be given time. Molesley is very highly thought of and both he and his team work tirelessly. I have heard the players are very positive about what he is trying to achieve.

It will come good, of that I'm certain. Eventually. Kicking him and his team out is not the right solution at all.

The last second goal conceded at home to Exeter was an absolute hammer blow. The late Oldham winner tonight equally so. As Paul Clark said on the radio, it is heartbreaking at the moment.

Personally I have never felt more downhearted than I have tonight and I fear that this will only get worse, possibly culminating in yet another giant killing by Boreham Wood. Any sort of win looks so far away at present.

But one day we will get that monkey off our back. One day the embargo will be lifted. One day we will have a team to be proud of again.

That day isn't going to be brought any closer by sacking MM.

Of course, if the judge gets out of bed the wrong side tomorrow it may all be irrelevant anyway. But I don't think that will happen.

Well said, fbm. I also think MM will turn it around but he has a huge job on his hands. It is important that the Chairman remains patient and continue to back the manager as much as he can. I do think MM needs to reinstate Hobson in the back four with either Lennon or White (if he is fit).

It is great to see that Tom Clifford scored tonight with a brilliant free kick tonight. Clifford is a player with great potential and hopefully will now consolidate his place in the team.

As has already been pointed out, we can’t just keep sacking the manager every time we go 10 games without a win, because we’ll be paying off and hiring a new manager every 10 games.

People are constantly complaining about how RM doesn’t run the club well and wastes money yet want him to pay off a manager on a 3 (I think) year contract, along with his 6 backroom staff. Just to bring in a new manager who you’ll be demanding RM sacks by Christmas.
Im not demanding anything but football is a results driven business and we aren't getting any.U say all the right things and most i agree with but supporters and ron demand results and i cant see ron keeping faith if results dont go mm way.There is no point in building a new stadium for non league obscurity,ron cannot afford to let that happen.

It’s our time for a stint in non league folks. I just had a count up and there are currently 27 teams in leagues 1, 2 and the NL, who in relatively recent years were league clubs who went down & came back up, or are still down there. Go down to the NL North & South & there’s even more. As long as we still have a club we’ll bounce back eventually.

Luton who are now in the Championship spent time in the conference

Bit early for this.

Im not demanding anything but football is a results driven business and we aren't getting any.U say all the right things and most i agree with but supporters and ron demand results and i cant see ron keeping faith if results dont go mm way.There is no point in building a new stadium for non league obscurity,ron cannot afford to let that happen.

Well maybe he should have thought of that when he was spending the last three years mismanaging the club. I think Ron will back MM regardless. I don't see an alternative for him. And I think it's the right thing to do. There's no way you can go to all that trouble to appoint a manager with all the qualities you want, who has won promotion two seasons running, only to bin him after 10 games.

Unfortunately, things take time to turn round. Molesley and Ron were both clear when he was appointed that this was a long-term project. Two months is not long term.

There is no point in building a new stadium for non league obscurity,ron cannot afford to let that happen.

Actually Ron can afford to let that happen. It makes no difference to his coffers what league Southend United play in. As long as that land gets developed, he’ll be a happy man.

What he can’t afford - literally - is to keep paying off management teams.

Well maybe he should have thought of that when he was spending the last three years mismanaging the club. I think Ron will back MM regardless. I don't see an alternative for him. And I think it's the right thing to do. There's no way you can go to all that trouble to appoint a manager with all the qualities you want, who has won promotion two seasons running, only to bin him after 10 games.

Unfortunately, things take time to turn round. Molesley and Ron were both clear when he was appointed that this was a long-term project. Two months is not long term.
How many games was it under kevin bond before ron welded the axe? And he took along time appointing him too.I keep saying its all about results,its harsh but true.

Actually Ron can afford to let that happen. It makes no difference to his coffers what league Southend United play in. As long as that land gets developed, he’ll be a happy man.

What he can’t afford - literally - is to keep paying off management teams.
What he cant afford is a brand new stadium with no fans as they have all got ****ed off.

How many games was it under kevin bond before ron welded the axe? And he took along time appointing him too.I keep saying its all about results,its harsh but true.

Bond was in charge of a team of League One professionals, some of whom were pretty expensive. MM is in charge of a youth team, a few young loanees and some senior players that are only left because nobody else wanted them.

Bond was in charge of a team of League One professionals, some of whom were pretty expensive. MM is in charge of a youth team, a few young loanees and some senior players that are only left because nobody else wanted them.
They certainly didnt play or act like professionals we got relegated.

What he cant afford is a brand new stadium with no fans as they have all got ****ed off.

Why would he care? He plans on selling the club as soon as the building work has taken shape.

I’ve got no doubt he’d like to leave us in a half decent state when he does finally depart, but at this point in time I believe his sole purpose is to see his plans come to fruition above all else.

Back