• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What happens if results dont improve

You should have brought John McGreal in (probably still could). He knows the division and most of the teams inside out, and would have been happy to take the job on a modest salary.

You should have brought John McGreal in (probably still could). He knows the division and most of the teams inside out, and would have been happy to take the job on a modest salary.

He would still have been taking on a youth team and been unable to sign anyone except other what was left a month after every other club had already finished their transfer business.

Who agrees? if akinola,john white and alan maccormack dont make any difference to results then molsley has to then take some of the blame ? Its a results business and we arent getting any and the buck stops with the manager.

The buck stops with the owner, as he is responsible for the HMRC winding up petitions and the transfer embargo that prevented us from getting any good players and an experienced manager the past transfer window.

Who can? Powell couldn’t, Bond couldn’t, Waddock couldn’t, Sol couldn’t. Shall we just keep burning through managers and paying severance packages until we realise the common denominator isn’t the manager?
Duncan or Maher couldn't either.

For the love of God, please, tell me what it is about the fact that he came into a club on his knees and isn't being given the tools to turn it around that you don't understand?

I'm all for differing opinions, but this is just stone cold fact.

The likes of Rayleigh Boy will never see that I'm afraid

You're watching the worst team in the football league. It is not the worst team in the football league by accident, it has been four years in crafting. And if it was Pep Guardiola, Jurgen Klopp, Steve Tilson, Mark Molesley or Jesus Christ the Saviour in the dugout, it would still be the worst football team in the football league. You can't reverse four years of wilful neglect in two months.

I think we are watching the worst sequence of results from any team in football history.

We have no money, how on earth can we justify sacking someone? You can't just rip up the contract, you have to pay him off.

tell him we will give him a reference and a weeks wages ....

if he wants to dispute it RM will read the letter from his solicitors in June 2021 at the earliest and reply early in 2022 .. I guess if it goes to court MM can expect some sort of settlement in 2024

The buck stops with the owner, as he is responsible for the HMRC winding up petitions and the transfer embargo that prevented us from getting any good players and an experienced manager the past transfer window.
I agree ron is mainley to blame,but molsley brought in some of these players and they was his choice.Molsley sets up the team the formation and style of play.The manager is always the first one to take the blame and always will be.If we loose again Saturday will u still be behind this manager?

Chances are if Pep Guardiola came to Southend even he wouldn't be able to do much with this squad.
Your right because pep would try and play like man city and that type of football aint working in league 2! We need someone like john yems at crawley,an older stager with football league experience and doesent take any b....s....t!!

I agree ron is mainley to blame,but molsley brought in some of these players and they was his choice.Molsley sets up the team the formation and style of play.The manager is always the first one to take the blame and always will be.If we loose again Saturday will u still be behind this manager?

Yep. I'll be behind him until he has had a fair crack and has been able to operate at a level that every other manager in this division has. Ie not brought in a month too late, not under a transfer embargo, and not inheriting a squad of kids and permanently injured senior players that are the only ones left that nobody else wanted.

Sacking a manager twice a season leads exactly to the situation we are in now unfortunately.

What you are seeing right now is the result of several years of terrible club mismanagement. It's not the result of two months of work from the manager.

Yep. I'll be behind him until he has had a fair crack and has been able to operate at a level that every other manager in this division has. Ie not brought in a month too late, not under a transfer embargo, and not inheriting a squad of kids and permanently injured senior players that are the only ones left that nobody else wanted.

Sacking a manager twice a season leads exactly to the situation we are in now unfortunately.

What you are seeing right now is the result of several years of terrible club mismanagement. It's not the result of two months of work from the manager.
But most players that league 2 clubs bring in arent who they want,most clubs at league 2 level get the scraps right? Unless u are salford city and a few others.

Back