• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Molesley In or out. (Poll added)

In or out

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Could we not get a "consultant" manager to come in until January to assist MM get to grips with league football.

Yes, I suggested that on another thread - someone with lower league experience and some contacts. It would be seen as undermining MM but if it saved his job, reputation and our league status would be worth it.

I think it all comes down to Saturday, lose to Boreham Wood and surely it's curtains?

But going off Rons comments at the update meeting he seems to really like Mark

If Ron is going to sack him, then I think you’re right, it will be this game that tips him over the edge.

Should have got evens in I know he’s an absolute prick but we would be mid table in Lge 1 right now he’s turned gillingham into a decent side

When was the last time those two had a job in coaching/management. It’s easy to sit up in a commentary box and criticise a manager when you’re not in their position.
Maybe they haven’t, but they seem to have a knack of identifying tactical errors before they happen.

Problems run much deeper at this club than Mark Moseley, we all know that. Unfortunately though what Mark can control is the tactics, the day to day training of the players and as of yet I’ve seen nothing to suggest he is the right man.

I want Mark to be a success, I really do. He says all the right things, he sounds like he has a real appetite for the game and given the tools I think his style of play would bring us much enjoyment.
Sadly though without the tools, we’ll just continue to look a shambles.

Yeah, that’s true unfortunately and the reason why a lot of fans didn’t want him considered for the managers job unless his previous comments or alleged association with a racist organization where properly addressed or explained.

none of that applies to McGreal as far as I’m aware so would invite Rigsby to clarify or retract that accusation as it’s grossly unfair (if not potentially legally dangerous for him and or this site?)
I questioned this allegation earlier and was told by a mod it was not a matter for them!

Despite the poor hand that MM has been dealt. I firmly believe we have enough in the squad to have had better results. Not massively better but a couple of points better.

MM seems to be nice bloke but nice doesn't win games.

He either wises up or we change manager.

Ultimately if he gets the sack then he will be our worst manager ever. No contest. We have had some poor managers but to not win a game at this stage is pitiful.

I fully expect us to get beat Saturday against non league opposition and I think that will be the catalyst for Ron to pull the plug.

Could another man made a bigger impact. I think the right man could.

I still want to support MM and have a glimmer of hope that he will come good. However I’m starting to feel as though we have a bloke who was good at ‘Football Manager’ at the helm.

Every game the tactics are ‘called out’ by Paul Clark and Glenn Pennyfather. Why not get them in to help MM with his tactics as a short term fix? Either that or get Tilson in to oversea things until the end of the year.

Because as Paul Clark also always says, the only person whose tactics/formations/selections are tested are the manager's. We can all have our theories but they will never be put to the test, so it's easy to sit on your armchair and say what should have been done safe in the knowledge you'll never be proved wrong.

Last edited:
Heard MM post match interview on bbc Essex sounds proper dejected man not knowing when the next win coming from. Most worrying thing for me is the lack of chances being created game by game. Wouldn't surprise me if defeat at boreham wood spells end of MM time. Not good enough from the players to the manager!

Honestly, at this point I don’t think it matters if MM stays or goes tbh. The argument for him going is based on the hope that a new man might be able to get more out of this lot.

But this squad is without a doubt the poorest squad we’ve ever had. Not just in terms of ability, but balance too. And that’s saying something when you consider just how bad the previous two seasons have been.

Who from the current crop could actually raise their game under a new man? The majority of them are conference players at best. What fresh tactics or systems could a new manager bring that would suddenly see us passing forward or shooting more?

The only games where we’ve looked like getting something this season were Exeter, Crawley & Oldham. Three games out of eleven doesn’t bode well for whoever is in charge, but being completely honest, I think we were unfortunate in those games, and the two points that we took, could have easily been nine.

We’d have still been in the mire, but it wouldn’t have looked as disastrous as it does right now.

Financially, we could do without the turmoil of sacking yet another management team, and then recruiting a new one... especially considering that we still need to overhaul most of the squad too.

Frankly, I’m at the point where I feel so apathetic towards the club, that I’m not bothered if MM stays or goes anymore. Regardless of who’s in charge, I fully expect the same old problems to continue until such time we can sign some half decent players.

I am wondering if the inevitable defeat at the weekend will be the final straw for MM. I understand that he is a really nice guy from my friends who have personally met him and I wish him no ill will but in a results business his are not just terrible - they are atrocious.

However the more concerning thing for me is the number of 'die hard' and respected supporters both on this forum and on other social media platforms who have understandably lost faith in almost everything to do with Southend United.

It's not as if, as a fan base, we are demanding success - in fact anything other than failure is almost viewed as success.

Sorry to say it to those that still like him, but the damage that Ron Martin has done to our club is so much more than financial mismanagement, so much more than the worst set of results in the EFL for at least the last two seasons - Ron Martin has killed the passion that many of us had for our beloved club.

The many decades of support now seem irrelevant as we witness the debacle that was once our shared passion.

Will that passion ever collectively return? I honestly don't know the answer to that question. ?

Heard MM post match interview on bbc Essex sounds proper dejected man not knowing when the next win coming from. Most worrying thing for me is the lack of chances being created game by game. Wouldn't surprise me if defeat at boreham wood spells end of MM time. Not good enough from the players to the manager!

In general I agree with this, but yesterday that wasn't the case. We actually had more shots than Bradford. The issue is the amount of chances that weren't on target. However, that in itself is an improvement on recent matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back