• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Attendance at games to be considered

As a ST holder in the vulnerable category, I’ll not be attending until the vaccine is available - so hope ifollow will continuestart to be available.

Fixed that.

Hopefully with fans attending it will lessen the strain on their servers and fans will get a better service.

I'd have thought that they'd keep it available. I think the government would be keen on them preventing away fans travelling if nothing else.

That's if the ground can prove that they are COVID compliant as well

I was thinking the same. You're lucky to find a tap that works, if you do it's normally the hot one that will take your skin off, no soap, toilet paper (most of it on the floor with the ****). All in all it's breeding ground for every germ going.

I am assuming that the club have also renewed there fire and safety certificate as without that it we will most definitely not be allowed back in

That is only available in Tier 3 areas and therefore where no spectators are allowed- so currently mutually exclusive. So it would have to be extended to all Tier 2 areas which is unlikely due to availability/resources required. The vaccine ultimately is the game changer and certainly now by the start of next season. Fag end of this we might see bigger attendances also?
Did I hear it right!!! It depends where you live, not where the game is? How will that suitably checked!!!

I wouldn't get too excited. The way things are going either side of the Thames, I think we may be possibly going Tier 3 for a couple of weeks to bring numbers down considering Brentwood, Basildon and Castle Point are all either in or steamrollering their way into the top 100 worst areas of the country.

I guess we'll know more on Thursday when area tiers announced apparently. Southend was tier 1 wasn't it. I live tier 2 before lockdown

I asked when I got my season tickets and I remember being told we would be sent paper tickets for each game...
I thought we had sold over 2K season tickets? so if the limit is 2K I wonder how they choose!
If 2000 were admitted to RH unvaccinated,that number would rapidly decrease.

If we are allowed back in to RH on restricted numbers it will cost the club monies to open up the ground.On the face of it cant see the club will get very much money through the turnstiles as most supporters will be season ticket holders who have already paid

Here's a point Tranmere chairman Mark Palios just made.
If only 2,000 are allowed in, and if we've already sold 1,600 season tickets, only 400 paying customers add to the coffers.
Palios reckoned it cost around £10,000 a game to open and manage Prenton Park on matchdays, so opening Roots Hall could run at a loss if we're in Tier 2.
Southend before lockdown was in tier 1

If we are allowed back in to RH on restricted numbers it will cost the club monies to open up the ground.On the face of it cant see the club will get very much money through the turnstiles as most supporters will be season ticket holders who have already paid

If we are allowed 2400 paying customers on top of the 1600 already paid then it could be anywhere up to 50k per match. Take of maybe 6 to 10k for the match day costs and there is a small profit to be made.

Dont forget that there will be a good few still paying via I follow to be added too.

That's if the ground can prove that they are COVID compliant as well

Very true as I said further up the thread, Colchester removed 1800 seats just to create groups of 4 seats in a bubble for social distancing and increase room for people to move around without coming into close contact with others.

I guess we'll know more on Thursday when area tiers announced apparently. Southend was tier 1 wasn't it. I live tier 2 before lockdown
I thought SOuthend was their 2 with Thurrock and the rest of Essex was tier 3. Although someone tweeted out that it is likely that Southend and Thurrock would be classed like the rest of Essex as there is likely to be no exemptions.

Hopefully that’s not true and we can have 2,000 fans in

I thought SOuthend was their 2 with Thurrock and the rest of Essex was tier 3. Although someone tweeted out that it is likely that Southend and Thurrock would be classed like the rest of Essex as there is likely to be no exemptions.

Hopefully that’s not true and we can have 2,000 fans in

No all of Essex was initially Tier 1. Essex County Council voluntarily requested to move into Tier 2 (possibly funding related) but the two unitary authorities, Southend and Thurrock, stayed as Tier 1.

Back