• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Nile Ranger

I liked ranger in his first season at the club. If he stayed fit and is motivated he would boss this league in my opinion. Problem is he has tendency to be easily lead off the pitch.

Out of Ranger or Moshni ....Ranger is possibly the lesser risk.
Quite frankly it's last chance saloon and up to him to prove he's changed or he's gone.
On a positive we can still leave the scissors in the first aid kit

Let’s stick with Acquah up top then shall we?

Hang on mate. Acquah is clearly playing at a higher level than perhaps he should, but he’s a kid who seems proud to wear the shirt and who tries a lot more than some we’ve seen in recent years. This is the sort of arrogance that got us in **** in league 1. When we finished mid table and it wasn’t good enough! Players like Timlin, White, Atkinson being told on these forums they’d had their day. If your post shows one thing, it’s that nothing has been learnt.

We dont know the full story,these things normally start with just the training and a player saying it's just for fittness.Im sure mm is taking a very good look at ranger and monitoring the situation

Is he doing much different from what Greg Halford did? although I doubt he has offered to play for free.
Did Halford have to keep to the squad rules and toe the line (and some) to show he was a worthy gamble? How long was Greg training with us before he signed?

Why would sufc let someone train just to keep fit, who could potentially risk the squad of covid. Gotta be more to this story.

Is he doing much different from what Greg Halford did? although I doubt he has offered to play for free.
Did Halford have to keep to the squad rules and toe the line (and some) to show he was a worthy gamble? How long was Greg training with us before he signed?
Can’t argue with any of that

I don’t buy this. With Covid regulations you’d think we’d have as little amount of people using the facilities as possible, particularly now we’re Tier 4

Why now do we help Nile Ranger get fit?

Turn up on time. Train like a madman. Make it impossible for us not to offer him something but he’s gonna have to earn it.

Hang on mate. Acquah is clearly playing at a higher level than perhaps he should, but he’s a kid who seems proud to wear the shirt and who tries a lot more than some we’ve seen in recent years. This is the sort of arrogance that got us in **** in league 1. When we finished mid table and it wasn’t good enough! Players like Timlin, White, Atkinson being told on these forums they’d had their day. If your post shows one thing, it’s that nothing has been learnt.

why are you getting all defensive? Not having a dig at Aqcuah for not being good enough, but the only reason he’s playing was due to the embargo. Ability wise Ranger is miles above, and a short term deal to get us out of the bottom 2 and hopefully clear of the relegation pack could work for all parties. If he hasn’t changed and it’s not working we cut him loose. We literally have nothing to lose.

Oh great, just what we need, a lazy striker with a poor goalscoring record who turns up late for training. Wonderful!

MM is a no soft touch. He puts a tremendous emphasis on hard-work and discipline. If Nile Ranger wants to play for Southend under MM, he will have to become an utterly dedicated professional footballer. Can he make this change? I do not think so, but I could be wrong. At 29, it is put up or shut up time for Ranger.

why are you getting all defensive? Not having a dig at Aqcuah for not being good enough, but the only reason he’s playing was due to the embargo. Ability wise Ranger is miles above, and a short term deal to get us out of the bottom 2 and hopefully clear of the relegation pack could work for all parties. If he hasn’t changed and it’s not working we cut him loose. We literally have nothing to lose.
Is Ranger miles above? I'm not going on the offensive but what are you basing this on recently?

Reactions: GBJ
This, of course, is firmly tongue in cheek, right?
Sorry, but how many chances do you give someone who robs old ladies and lets you down when you needed most?
Of course it's wrong and hes had so many chances but your not going to be botherd about the old lady he robbed if he scores and the team win.

Back