• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Condolences Book

We've been faced with the prospect of relegation for some weeks/months now, let's be honest but now that dreaded "R" is next to our name that's lit up in red in the league table, it becomes all to real. Right now I feel numb. It's heartbreaking. It's all one mans fault. Next week, we make our voices heard.. Ron Martin, IT'S TIME TO GO!

No matter how much we may, justifiably, attribute blame to Ron Martin (a bit also must go to MM) there is absolutely NO POINT in these pathetic calls for 'Martin out!' Ron Martin is GOING NOWHERE even if many of us would wish it. In fact, if he did leave now I, personally, would have fears for our future..........Martin is keeping us afloat, no matter at what basic level. The sooner we all realise this fact the better we will be placed to reconstruct for next season. Protest next week by all means. His underfunding is the principal cause of the loss of our League status, yet we need to work with him next year, leaning on his conscience, keeping him aware of the responsibility he has and cajoling him into better decisions. I know this will annoy a number of people but we need to look reality in the face and not call for things that just ain't going to happen. The most important decisions are to sort out the Manager situation, giving that person the time to identify targets and try and bring them in for a good pre-season. Failing to do that will likely bring about another disasterous season in the National League.

Not sure sarcasm is really warranted here. He’s a high profile, well connected big name of the game who genuinely cares about our club and is trying to help us when there’s hardly a queue of people wanting to do the same.
Only time will tell if he gets us to a “sustainable” situation. Let’s see what happens.

Take this pain and remember every second of it next Saturday at the protest. I hope we have hundreds out. I want Ron Martin out of my club and if that means we have to go backwards to go forwards then so be it, we don’t have much to lose now anyway. He can absolutely shove his 3 sided half empty lego stadium where the sun doesn’t shine. Hopefully the council will agree and this abusive relationship can finally come to an end...

I will stick with SUFC no matter what, we need to go ahead and keep PB, make an decision which players we would keep or let go, get new players in, then focus on pre season and cone out firing ? at the start of the season.

The reason why most of ex football league side struggled before they come good, due to them sacking their managers and changing their team without stability.

No matter how much we may, justifiably, attribute blame to Ron Martin (a bit also must go to MM) there is absolutely NO POINT in these pathetic calls for 'Martin out!' Ron Martin is GOING NOWHERE even if many of us would wish it. In fact, if he did leave now I, personally, would have fears for our future..........Martin is keeping us afloat, no matter at what basic level. The sooner we all realise this fact the better we will be placed to reconstruct for next season. Protest next week by all means. His underfunding is the principal cause of the loss of our League status, yet we need to work with him next year, leaning on his conscience, keeping him aware of the responsibility he has and cajoling him into better decisions. I know this will annoy a number of people but we need to look reality in the face and not call for things that just ain't going to happen. The most important decisions are to sort out the Manager situation, giving that person the time to identify targets and try and bring them in for a good pre-season. Failing to do that will likely bring about another disasterous season in the National League.
Martin OUT.
Keeping us afloat i think not. Wither and die away yes. Don't be scared of demanding a new owner, we have nothing to lose.

How the hell can Martin knowingly put a transfer embargo on a new manager this season, after the disaster of our L1 status ? Tell me, what kind of SAVIOUR of this club does that ?
We were the laughing stock of football in 2019, an easy 3 points.
Now you tell me, how did Martin manage to make that worse ?

Well he did. He won't be saving us, he'll force us to sink lower. I detest him.

See this picture of this little one... this is my daughter Sapphire she was born hours after the playoff final at Wembley - it was the maddest weekend of my life. My club got promoted in the most dramatic way possible and then my first and only child was born. 6 years this month later I broke up with my wife, I battled other issues that are well known with SUFC fans, drink and substance abuse. I beat all of it and sorted my life but today is hard and heart breaking. I took this photo with tears in my eyes and you can mock me all you bloody well like.

like the Bristol rovers fans sing.... goodnight Irene or in this case good night SapphireView attachment 15486
Lovely photo and that picture is really what life is all about. You have 100% support from me and I'm sure I speak for many people on here. I remember that weekend like it was yesterday........

See this picture of this little one... this is my daughter Sapphire she was born hours after the playoff final at Wembley - it was the maddest weekend of my life. My club got promoted in the most dramatic way possible and then my first and only child was born. 6 years this month later I broke up with my wife, I battled other issues that are well known with SUFC fans, drink and substance abuse. I beat all of it and sorted my life but today is hard and heart breaking. I took this photo with tears in my eyes and you can mock me all you bloody well like.

like the Bristol rovers fans sing.... goodnight Irene or in this case good night SapphireView attachment 15486

Scott, don't know you personally but was a mate of Graham jolly so do remember you in your earlier wayward days. Glad you have turned a corner and are doing good work with sos. Keep the faith mate and don't worry what others say or think

I am expecting a lot of flack for this, but the only thing Ron has been guilty of in my eyes is employing managers who talk the talk but can’t walk the walk. He has always supported them with money for wages and in my book this decline all started when Phil Brown lost the dressing room before. Ron may be also guilty of flying close to the breeze but I still believe he has the clubs best interests at heart. There said my bit and I am sure we will be back soon.

Scott, don't know you personally but was a mate of Graham jolly so do remember you in your earlier wayward days. Glad you have turned a corner and are doing good work with sos. Keep the faith mate and don't worry what others say or think
God I ****ing miss Graham, lovely bloke, took me under his wing and helped me when I needed it most, I rememeber the day he died we played Barnet at home I think, Adam Johnson came to me and told me, that was a dark day

Back