• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Condolences Book

so we have gone out of the league2 in to the national league

its not the end of the world, people have died in their thousands in the last year on this island, we will have a team to support and follow and argue and bitch about and cheer and with some luck celebrate with again

some poor souls wont have that chance so lets get a little reality check on this

and you can slag me off for saying this which is fine but I have been following southend since 1975 when we have had crowds of 15,000 on a Friday night to standing on the old South bank with a crowd of 1200 in the ground

Its a shame we have gone down......someone has to, but I'm more greatfull that we still have a club and I'm still able to follow them what ever league they are in

Scott, don't know you personally but was a mate of Graham jolly so do remember you in your earlier wayward days. Glad you have turned a corner and are doing good work with sos. Keep the faith mate and don't worry what others say or think

Graham Jolly. How I miss him sitting behind me in the South Upper ranting and raving at every wayward pass, every poor shot

As I've said elsewhere, I'm an Orient fan on the board of our Supporters' Trust, and a Southend resident for over 40 years.

I know what you're going through. I saw my club go from the brink of the Championship to non-league in 3 years, through the most cack-handed and incompetent ownership possible ever in English professional football. I have every sympathy and empathy for what you're all feeling tonight.

From the outside, this has been coming for years. Your owner has been robbing Peter to pay Paul, Paul to pay Fred and Fred to pay Peter, in the hope that a new stadium would pay them all. Sooner or later, the debts were going to lead to an inability to recruit a League team, and last summer was that time. Anyone pointing fingers at previous managers and players for relegation to the National League is, in my honest opinion, making the same mistake some O's fans made in standing up for Becchetti even as we descended into farce and non-payment of staff. The rot starts from the top.

Whatever anger and sadness you feel tonight, bottle it and direct it at the owner at the first available opportunity. You haven't had a well-run football club for a long time.

I remember the first time I set foot at roots hall as a young boy and being immediately captivated by the place. Then came The highs of the Tilly years, 2006 winning league 1, the playoff final at Cardiff. The likes of leeds and forest coming to the hall as away sides in the league. Call me naive but never did I think it would get as bad as to see Southend United in the national league. my local team, our local team, Southend United, in the conference.

I am now a full grown man and a sad sad one at that. I am sure I will be fine and I will be back to see us vs Solihull moors and dartford, but this is one of the darkest days I can remember not only as a Southend fan but a football fan.
Out of the darkness the sun will rise again.
SUFC

See this picture of this little one... this is my daughter Sapphire she was born hours after the playoff final at Wembley - it was the maddest weekend of my life. My club got promoted in the most dramatic way possible and then my first and only child was born. 6 years this month later I broke up with my wife, I battled other issues that are well known with SUFC fans, drink and substance abuse. I beat all of it and sorted my life but today is hard and heart breaking. I took this photo with tears in my eyes and you can mock me all you bloody well like.

like the Bristol rovers fans sing.... goodnight Irene or in this case good night SapphireView attachment 15486

I look forward to the day we have a beer again. Smiffish too

@Smiffy

Martin OUT.
Keeping us afloat i think not. Wither and die away yes. Don't be scared of demanding a new owner, we have nothing to lose.

How the hell can Martin knowingly put a transfer embargo on a new manager this season, after the disaster of our L1 status ? Tell me, what kind of SAVIOUR of this club does that ?
We were the laughing stock of football in 2019, an easy 3 points.
Now you tell me, how did Martin manage to make that worse ?

Well he did. He won't be saving us, he'll force us to sink lower. I detest him.
I think you need to read my post again, slowly and calmly. The last thing I want to appear is an apologist for Ron Martin and I don't believe he is our 'saviour' although there is an argument that he has kept the club afloat............just. I do believe he has an affection for the club but his financial interests are just more important and it is those interests he will see through to the end, no matter what the cost is to the club. He is not going to go until his project is completed and we can only hope he will see us right in the end. If not then there will hopefully be enough of us to pick up the pieces and start again. That's the reality of the situation and no wishing the contrary will change things. Rather like an unpopular Prime Minister or President, we'll have to wait until the end of his term to get rid of him

Thanks for accepting me on your forum and i will be sorry to see you go. All the best for next season and hope you bounce back at the first chance. Hope we don't replace you this time next year. Good luck and thanks guys !
Good luck for next season and hope you have a better one!

As I've said elsewhere, I'm an Orient fan on the board of our Supporters' Trust, and a Southend resident for over 40 years.

I know what you're going through. I saw my club go from the brink of the Championship to non-league in 3 years, through the most cack-handed and incompetent ownership possible ever in English professional football. I have every sympathy and empathy for what you're all feeling tonight.

From the outside, this has been coming for years. Your owner has been robbing Peter to pay Paul, Paul to pay Fred and Fred to pay Peter, in the hope that a new stadium would pay them all. Sooner or later, the debts were going to lead to an inability to recruit a League team, and last summer was that time. Anyone pointing fingers at previous managers and players for relegation to the National League is, in my honest opinion, making the same mistake some O's fans made in standing up for Becchetti even as we descended into farce and non-payment of staff. The rot starts from the top.

Whatever anger and sadness you feel tonight, bottle it and direct it at the owner at the first available opportunity. You haven't had a well-run football club for a long time.
Absolutely spot on !!!

I'm so annoyed we didn't get rid of MM earlier, we really could of stayed up. Yes we have no strikers but look at us since he left, we would of got at least another two/three wins compared to what we have had. I said the day Scunthorpe scored that equaliser that was goodnight for us, them, Walsall, Oldham they were all there for the taking when we played them. Non league isn't the end for us but by God we need to get rid of Ron if we have any ambition of being a league club again

Just feel gutted. There are so many reasons why we are in this mess but the vast majority are down to one man. Let's hope that this is our darkest day.

I posted this in the match thread but feel it is more fitting to be in hear.

View attachment 15488

As the sunsets over Barrow’s ground the Progression Solicitors Stadium (Holker Street) this evening.

The sun also sets on Southend United Football Clubs 101 year stay in the English Football League (1920-2021)

So out of the 3 SUFC clubs (Southend United Football Club, Scunthorpe United Football Club, and Sutton United Football Club). Scunthorpe will be playing League Two, Southend will be relegated to the National League, and Sutton's is still to be decided.

A very sad and frustrating season again being a Southend Supporter.
Sheffield United - another SUFC - also got relegated

Back