• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Condolences Book

See this picture of this little one... this is my daughter Sapphire she was born hours after the playoff final at Wembley - it was the maddest weekend of my life. My club got promoted in the most dramatic way possible and then my first and only child was born. 6 years this month later I broke up with my wife, I battled other issues that are well known with SUFC fans, drink and substance abuse. I beat all of it and sorted my life but today is hard and heart breaking. I took this photo with tears in my eyes and you can mock me all you bloody well like.

like the Bristol rovers fans sing.... goodnight Irene or in this case good night Sapphire4866F233-4D3A-450B-BD67-279760CFD72D.jpeg

Amazing what happens with the same players & a different manager...

Molesley should have gone long ago.

My thanks to Mr Martin ? for his outstanding contribution to this mess, nice one ???

Devastated, absolutely devastated.☹️?
Going to wallow in self pity for the rest of this weekend.
??

Last edited:
Players and managers will come and go, even chairmen don’t stay forever.

Me, I’ve supported this club for more the 40 years, they are my club, they are OUR club!

I’ll support them whatever League they are in.

Roll on next season, we fight on !! Home and Away.

I’m totally gutted and exhausted after these past few years, but we fight on !

UTB !

Last edited:
Just makes me so so sad thinking back to better times. I’m angry yes, annoyed yes, but mainly just very sad.

Couldn’t care less what we do against Newport.
I’ll be back next season, obviously, as I wouldn’t know what else to do. I honestly can’t say anymore at this moment. Take care all. This great club WILL be back.

44 years after my first match at Roots Hall today is a very sad day but we’ll be back next season. UTB

Ron Martin is the main reason why we on heading to the National league. This could of been prevented if we signed a striker or 2 in January and MM should of been sacked earlier as it was clear he was out of his depth! Countless of games went where MM should of been brave and gone for the win instead of settling for sodding draws....... Oldham game come to mind!

Sad day but its been coming for a while. Bad mismanagement from ron has ultimately sent us to the grave yard of English football. Personally I won't forgive ron for this....... his shocking decision making will have long lasting effect on the club, which could result in years of National league football and worse.

Morally ron should look to sell the club! But instead he will continue to use the club as way of reaching his big payday.

Unforgivable failure in my eyes!

I posted this in the match thread but feel it is more fitting to be in hear.

Holker Street 2.jpg

As the sunsets over Barrow’s ground the Progression Solicitors Stadium (Holker Street) this evening.

The sun also sets on Southend United Football Clubs 101 year stay in the English Football League (1920-2021)

So out of the 3 SUFC clubs (Southend United Football Club, Scunthorpe United Football Club, and Sutton United Football Club). Scunthorpe will be playing League Two, Southend will be relegated to the National League, and Sutton's is still to be decided.

A very sad and frustrating season again being a Southend Supporter.

Back