• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Condolences Book

Upset and sad. In 51 years of following the "Shrimpers" never dreamed we would be in this position. I apologize to all on here that I considered "doom and gloom" fans , who after last season said we would be getting relegated again. You were right and probably knew more about what was going on than me. Have some great memories over many season watching games home and away. The club can still count on my support. I'll be back for the first game of the season. Have missed not coming back to England on a regular basis. A lot of big ex -league
clubs in the NL with big stadiums, away to Notts County, Stockport, Halifax and many more will feel like a EFL L2 game. Hope the plummet has stopped and it's onwards and upwards from here.
Don't go to Bromley. that's one ground that tells you, that you are well and truly in the non league.

More than 60 years a supporter of this club, always hoping for better times which occasionally actually happened, but now this. Very sad that the best we can now hope for is re-entry into the EFL and those illusions of a stable championship side in a new purpose built ground were just that, illusions. Brought to this by a small time chancer who thought he could play with the big boys and got found out. A day of despair that something so many of us invested so much in emotionally and financially and spent so much time following for so many years ends up like this.

Don't go to Bromley. that's one ground that tells you, that you are well and truly in the non league.
I’m personally looking forward to this one as my brother lives there and I’ve never been to the ground. Everywhere we go people will be reminding us of where we are, that doesn’t worry me. Hopefully we’ll take some good numbers away and get behind the team. Anyone who thinks Southend are too big for that division or that these teams will roll over is in for a massive shock.

I was honestly more annoyed last year than this year, because it felt so unjust. This has been coming for so long it's almost a relief to get it confirmed.

Just hope Ron has learnt some lessons and that our manager, whoever that may be, will be in place and ready to start the rebuild from 10th May. After that, he needs to back off and let someone else manage the football side of things and concentrate on the development.

Not going down. Sure of that. Things will happen pretty soon.
Exactly what kind of things, if I may be permitted to ask? Even a vague idea would suffice. I think you have to be careful here, peoples emotions have already been trampled all over in the last 24 hours, the last thing we need is some kind of false hope, when there really isn't any. After all, didn't you say on the 17th April............"We should stop straw clutching and accept the inevitable?"

Last edited:
A beautiful sentiment from Stan the man, (who scored the best goal ever seen at Roots Hall ) , but as long as Martin is still connected with this club, the future looks worse than grim. Let that man be judged on results........NOT bravado, denial and bullsh*t !!
...........too sick and gutted for words. To think Martin could lead us to this after 101 yrs.

Very sorry to see you relegated. I do know the feeling, had it with my team Doncaster Rovers in 1998. The last game of the season was the worse, the pain of feeling in playing our last ever league game was very painful for both fans and players. We to had an owner who only cared about making money off Rovers, hence the fumbled fire in the main stand in trying to claim insurance money. He went to jail. After the final game most Rovers fans thought the club was dead and buried. Fortunately, we had a saviour in John Ryan who bought the club, and gave us fans hope, hope of better days. He gave us his vision for the club. These included, return to the EFL, a new stadium, win a major trophy and play championship football. We achieved all these goals. He helped us through the dark days of playing non-league football. It won't be easy, you and Grimsby will be teams all the other NL teams will want to beat, as you were recently an EFL team. You will return to the EFL, but you will need a chairman and manager who can have a vision for Southend United like John Ryan had for Doncaster Rovers. We started the season with 4 players on the clubs book, the team bus was literally picking up players for our first Conference game away at Dover. All the best for next season.

I've been listening to my favourite Mark Lanegan album. It's called 'Blues Funeral'. Kind of sums up my feelings right now.

Back