• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula 1 2021

Fair point, but to disqualify the driver who has spent the whole race fighting his nuts off not knowing that the fuel would be low when he got in is harsh.

Seems the team reckon there should've been 1.44 litres left in the car but were only able to extract the 0.3 litres out of it. They're usually pretty good at getting the driver to do fuel saving when needed so a mistake or malfunction in a fuel sensor perhaps on their part.

Seems the team reckon there should've been 1.44 litres left in the car but were only able to extract the 0.3 litres out of it. They're usually pretty good at getting the driver to do fuel saving when needed so a mistake or malfunction in a fuel sensor perhaps on their part.

This happened a few times over the years, its standard practice and the teams are normally on the ball about it

Aston Martin are appealing Seb’s disqualification.

The magnificent Spa-Francorchamps is the location for this weekend's GP. Heavy rain currently falling in advance of today's qualifying session.

Been delayed and now red flagged on the formation lap due to rain.

Seems a bit of a con that drivers get points for that - there was no racing - just extra points for qualifying!

Seems a bit of a con that drivers get points for that - there was no racing - just extra points for qualifying!
Absolute farce, feel sorry for those fans who paid good money to witness that.

Could they not have run the race today? Although I imagine the logistics of moving cars and teams around has already been arranged

Could they not have run the race today? Although I imagine the logistics of moving cars and teams around has already been arranged
They did talk about that, but it’s not a bank holiday in Belgium.

They did talk about that, but it’s not a bank holiday in Belgium.

One of the problems would've been getting enough marshalls, who are volunteers. Logistically probably pretty difficult to do.

One of the problems would've been getting enough marshalls, who are volunteers. Logistically probably pretty difficult to do.
Yep, had it been a Belgium bank holiday it might have been easier.

Personally think they should’ve just abandoned it rather than this half points. I’m over the moon for Russell getting his first podium but was it really deserved? No! Do I think he would’ve finished there if it was a full race or a decent amount of laps? Probably not.

I was thinking of going Spa next year but after that I may have to rethink.

They are now allegedly looking at making changes in case something like this happens again.

For me, if there aren't any racing laps then a race can't have taken place. Plodding around behind a safety car doesn't really count.

There must have been financial reasons behind having to declare a result. Chuffed to bits for George Russell but other than that it was a rubbish outcome.

I think they will change the rules from 2 Laps to 2 Racing Laps and if no racing laps are possible then maybe award 1/4 points based on qualifying or something like that.

Absolute farce, feel sorry for those fans who paid good money to witness that.

Indeed. I think the term used by Hamilton was that it was a farce. They basically did enough laps (behind the safety car) for it to be called a race and not have to refund any money.

Yep, had it been a Belgium bank holiday it might have been easier.

Personally think they should’ve just abandoned it rather than this half points. I’m over the moon for Russell getting his first podium but was it really deserved? No! Do I think he would’ve finished there if it was a full race or a decent amount of laps? Probably not.

I was thinking of going Spa next year but after that I may have to rethink.

I also don't think Russell will be happy with gaining his first podium this way. It's really a hollow victory.

Maybe I'm wrong!
I mean it’s all for the media isn’t it but inside you know he’ll be disappointed. Do you reckon he would’ve got a podium had the race gone ahead properly? I don’t.

I mean it’s all for the media isn’t it but inside you know he’ll be disappointed. Do you reckon he would’ve got a podium had the race gone ahead properly? I don’t.

Funny. I was going to say that, but thought it would just come over as me trying not to give in!

As for whether he would have ended up on the podium, I'm inclined to agree with you, but we'll never know.

I know you're not a fan of Hamilton, but that weather was made for him. He's extremely good in the wet. I'm absolutely sure Russell would have therefore dropped at least one place.

Back