• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Torquay United 1-0 Southend United

The point here is he won't let anybody else in. He said so in the last Zoom meeting. He has had lots of offers and turned them all down.

Some of those offers have been from "I love me, who do you love" types. Though, Webby would have been an asset even if it was short term..

I said it before the game and I’ll say it again. Pick the kids. They CANNOT do any worse and they won’t tire and they’ll battle their hearts out.

I’m still waiting for someone to explain to me what Egbri offers the team ahead of Kinali.. I for one have never seen anything in Egbri to suggest he is going to be a player for us.

Supporter's buy out 1?
Bit of a job as allegedly Ron is taking?charging £750, 000 a year for rent and maintenence out of the club and sticking that owed debt into his Companies, which means any buyer would presumably have to find £3m that builds up every 4 years and in theory is owed to Ron

It seems he isnt just sticking money in

Should have kept MM...
Not sure many would agree. However, when Ron appointed MM he appeared to want to go in a certain direction with a progressive young manager who wanted to sign players at their peak with pace. It seemed to be MM's MO, if you like. Unfortunately he was left high and dry and never had a chance with embargoes ect, all of which has been done to death on here.

What mystified me is his decision to revert to an old school manager who was always going to go in a completely different direction in terms of recruitment. There was no consistency of vision and plan at all. So we have ended up in a situation where we're no better off but now had a complete overhaul, and now have a squad full of old cloggers with no ability but lots of work ethic, and a couple of players with pace and energy and at peak age kicking their heels at home. For the life of me I am not suggesting someone like ANG, who frustrated the bell out of me at times last year, is the complete answer but he did at least take players on and get into good positions. The situation with Akinola is totally baffling given no other club has seemingly ever had an issue with his attitude or work rate, and he was clearly carrying an injury when Brown took over.

Ron Martin's decision making is atrocious. There is no long term plan and the appointment of Brown is looking like a terrible decision.

Can't wait for the next statement from Ron. Will be BS about the new stadium blah blah blah. **** we are screwed. If Ron goes, we don't exist. No one would want to buy us. We are royally *****.

There are still people, even on here, that support him.

Just let that sink in.

I hate that people say that nobody wouldn't want to buy us.

They would. Ron just won't listen to any offers from anyone. End of. Trust me. Plenty of people would come forward and would guide us back to some normality.

Ron will see us bust and in administration before any chance of him selling. He really is that stubborn.

I hate that people wouldn't want to buy us.

They would. Ron just won't listen to any offers from anyone. End of. Trust me. Plenty of people would come forward and would guide us back to some normality.

Ron will see us bust and in administration before any chance of him selling. He really is that stubborn.
Stubborn is one word to call him.

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown insists the Shrimpers are ‘still bleeding’ after their wretched run continued with a 1-0 defeat at Torquay this afternoon.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links

SOUTHEND United manager Phil Brown insists the Shrimpers are ‘still bleeding’ after their wretched run continued with a 1-0 defeat at Torquay this afternoon.

Blues have now suffered three setbacks in succession after conceding late on at Plainmoor.

And Brown knows his team are still fighting to turn things around after two successive relegations.
“We’ve got to stop this haemorrhaging,” said the Blues boss.
“We’ve said that all along but we’re bleeding still and that’s collective.

“It starts from within and you’ve got to go out there with the belief you’re a good player and we’re a good team.”
However, the Shrimpers are now 19th in the National League standings after a last gasp winner from Connor Lemonheigh-Evans.
“Minutes before the goal we put a ball into the six yard box I’m dying to get on the end of,” said Brown.
“Jimmy Dunne put a ball on the money and we haven’t got anywhere near it.
“It’s a telltale sign of a certain lack of confidence with regards to everything that we’re doing at the moment.
“People are doing certain things and somebody else is doing something different.
“That’s what happens when you get a team who has been relegated and trying to find their feet in a division that is absolutely brutal.”

Oh my if you were a Southend fan and had been in a coma for 3 years you would never believe we were now 19th in the National League and looking a good bet to be relegated to the National League South.

The downward spiral and rot continues....trying to steady
a sinking ship and turn the tide is so hard, everyone blaming the chairman, Manager, Scouts, Players, Tactics....but everyone has been saying this for the last 3 years!

For me whatever we think of Brown and the signings we need to get behind them, hope the tactics change, players gel more and we are able to get some new additions. More change and more disruption I genuinely believe is not the answer.

How low can we go!
The last game I saw at Roots Hall was against Ipswich in League 1, 2 seasons ago in October.Before that I saw our last game of the previous season -when we stayed up against Sunderland.

I have tickets for our home game against Chesterfield in October-It's supposed to be a birthday treat.I'm seriously wondering whether it's worth coming over for. :Sad:

I'm as isolated waiting on Torre station as our forwards. This was truly bad. Not one shot at goal; never mind blocked. Dalby wide in the first half was it. Others have said there's a team with the right manager. No, there's not. In an ideal world, would keep Ralph and Arnold. Fair play to John White who came over and spoke to the fans at length, and they were going it! He didn't walk away, but he must know this team is relegation fodder!

Last edited:
The last game I saw at Roots Hall was against Ipswich in League 1, 2 seasons ago in October.Before that I saw our last game of the previous season -when we stayed up against Sunderland.

I have tickets for our home game against Chesterfield in October-It's supposed to be a birthday treat.I'm seriously wondering whether it's worth coming over for. :Sad:

Fella, save yourself the pain, visit family, go for a nice meal but STAY AWAY ;).

Back