• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Phil Brown unhappy with on loan Norwich and QPR youngsters

We saw enough of Kargbo in pre-season to know that he wasn't going to offer us much more than Acquah did, other than being more athletic. Not seen enough of Dennis, but this is really poor from Brown. You'd have hoped he'd have learnt that lesson by now.

Yea cant keep doing this - smacks of absolute desperation.

I was really all in on Brown coming back and thought he'd be good for us, but concede defeat to those who saw this coming.

I've just about had enough and he's got to go. Feels like it could actually happen pretty soon to if this carries on, which is another shocking twist in the Southend tale of recent years. Just one awfully bad decision after another.

Its exactly like Stan said (and i dont think his involvement is the answer either), short term, panic planning with no strategy etc.

Watched Brentford yesterday and they were superb and they were absolutely no better than us for many years. But again, like Stan tried to get us to listen to, they had a strategy and an ethos for how they wanted the club to play and players can very simply be identified that can drop into the formation/system. Its brilliantly simple - though not saying its easy in practice.

But us... whats our strategy? Playing 532 without the players to do it. We go mainly old players who are barely going to make it through this season let alone thinking longer term.

It just all stinks. Brown needs to go, but will just lead to the next Ron Martin knee-jerk reaction.

I'm not gonna start on Ron, he's going nowhere. Our only hope now is one of his snap decisions gets lucky and works (ala Tilson) and we can turn this ship around. But i have zero confidence Ron has any idea what to do for the best.

Am I alone in thinking these comments in the press and behind closed doors are a deliberate “sack me” to Ron?
But did he actually say these comments? (Anyone witness too it)? The Echo is a dreadful news paper, half of them can't even spell. He may have said a few things and the reporter has typed what he wants the readers to hear..

But did he actually say these comments? (Anyone witness too it)? The Echo is a dreadful news paper, half of them can't even spell. He may have said a few things and the reporter has typed what he wants the readers to hear..
So let's get this straight you are questioning the integrity of Chris Phillips who more than likely did the interview?

Brown looking for get out of jail free card, no manager now days tends to walk..... Brown probably looked at the situation we are in and thought **** this I'm to good to be managing near the bottom of the national league.

Arent most of the interviews recorded ?

And if Phil believes he is being stitched up every other day presumably by the media, why on earth would he continue to talk with them?

Phil loves the media we all know that it suits his ego

For the record your honour I never said it, was defending said reporter who was having accusations of lies made against him. Thank you

Where did I say lies? Do you believe everything that is printed in the paper or on line?

The role of a reporter/journalist is to report news to sell that produst which can be over exaggerated. I believe Brown said some things but more than likely what was actualy said is somewhere in the middle.

Ok, just for a second had we won all games thus far, and PB criticised the pair, would there be so many calling for his head?
Yeah, it may not be the best option to expose callow youth, but do you want honest comments or diplomatic ones?
I'm willing to bet it's nothing the pair didn't hear once in the changing room.
With respect; that's nonsense.
I've seen CP in action many times; yes, he uses a recorder; and yes, he would be in serious trouble for misquoting.
And evidence please, of 'half' the Echo journalists lack of spelling ability; not the occasional typo?
And what would you expect an experienced journalist to write?
The interesting bit, or 'this was not a good game for us'?

Last edited:
Where did I say lies? Do you believe everything that is printed in the paper or on line?

The role of a reporter/journalist is to report news to sell that produst which can be over exaggerated. I believe Brown said some things but more than likely what was actualy said is somewhere in the middle.
CP is the only Echo reporter for SUFC (a thankless task over past few years let's be honest) he has a relationship, reputation and trust to uphold with the club, if he furnishes or fabricated any story to meet his own need then said relationship would be soon cut off by the powers that be.

Back