• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Echo News Southend United boss Phil Brown unhappy with on loan Norwich and QPR youngsters

That suite at the Roslyn has such a lovely view across the deep blue Thames estuary.
Can't understand why Phil would spoil that view by running down young players he brought into the club
Can we dispel this now? Phil lives in the Cotswolds and commutes most days.

Seems like deflection. Deflect the fans anger and frustration on to the players who are lacking character and the loanees who aren’t good enough, rather than the one who brought them here in the first place.

In fairness the loanees haven't ripped up trees but then few have. I just prefer to see both sides of the coin. I wonder what would be said by a number of players if they were asked about how happy they are with PB, the tactics and the selections. No doubt anyone with a damning opinion would be cast adrift from the team. So for me, PB should button it unless he offers a right to reply.

I'm not even sure our tactics are so dire but we don't have the personnel to carry out the necessary orders. Three fitter, faster players in certain positions and the team would offer so much more. Red Rum was a quality horse but he would not have won the Derby!

Phil Brown unhappy with on loan youngster for using Nokia Phone.

Phil Brown unhappy with on loan youngsters choice of Nando's Lemon and Herb.

Phil Brown unhappy with on loan youngsters Nan's purchase of own brand biscuits.

I think this all stems from the unhappiness Brown had at not signing Ricky Holmes , its a sign to Ron not to question his judgement , almost as though ' look what i was left with ' after the RH deal was stalled.

Dennis has looked lost in every game ive seen him play and offers nothing for me , there has to be a better alternative to these 2 .............oh yes but they are not PB's Cuppo .

Send these 2 back , bring in the other 2 from the dark who have League experience at least or we will be facing another season of misery

The bloke is an absolute clown!

For me this is the straw that breaks the camels back. I was all for his return and all for him being back but throwing young loan players under the bus now publicly! Get out of my club you absolute dinosaur!
Molesley wasn't a dinosaur! Look at how well he did!! Changing the manager doesn't seem to help our club or a turn around in results!

I've tried. I've really tried to give this bloke another chance but I can't stand him. The public humiliation of players every week is abysmal man-management. You were afforded 10 signings in the summer so have a look in the mirror mate. Not once did Mark Molesely complain about having attacking options of Acquah, Goodship & Halford.

In the Wealdstone game, we gave up over 100 more passes than they did and with the greatest respect to Wealdstone that is pathetic. That's nothing to do with character, that is tactics.

The problem is, for the good of the club I don't want us to have yet more upheaval of searching for another manager again, in the short term that continues to hurt us. But this clown continues to hurt us every day as well.

Get him out.

Molesley wasn't a dinosaur! Look at how well he did!! Changing the manager doesn't seem to help our club or a turn around in results!
What, you mean actually make us reasonably hard to beat and had us keeping clean sheets? Grinding out 0-0's because of his Sunday League strikeforce.

In the bin with that one. I'd have gone down with Molesley quite happily.

I still think we should have given Fagan the job after SC left, I still think he's the right man for the job.

He knows the squad, he knows the youngsters, he has contacts throughout the game and is young enough to actually understand modern footballers, PB retired from playing in 1996 the game has changed so much in that time
Absolutely no chance now! If brown goes Fagan will have to go too!! Ron doesent keep any back staff who have worked under current manager's! Also fagan was interviewed for the role and Ron didn't fancy him for the managers role then so I would imagine there is even less chance of him getting the job now! And especially with the way current results have been.I think he could do the job but I think the fact phil Brown made him his number 2 will give him a disadvantage recharging rons choice.

What, you mean actually make us reasonably hard to beat and had us keeping clean sheets? Grinding out 0-0's because of his Sunday League strikeforce.

In the bin with that one. I'd have gone down with Molesley quite happily.
But if brown had come in a few weeks earlier we would have stayed up! Did he or did he not Improve results??

But if brown had come in a few weeks earlier we would have stayed up! Did he or did he not Improve results??
His 6 results were 1 loss, 2 wins, 3 draws. The 6 games before that were 1 loss, 1 win, 4 draws. So yes results did improve - who knows if that was down to PB or would've happened anyway.

Back