• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scouser Reds are not the best. Never forget leaving the Anfield Road end at the finish of the cup replay in 1979. There they were, clapping, offering to exchange scarves gathered in a smiling semi-circle.

Even in my youth I was cynical and I held back. But some of our number were beguiled by the apparent warmth of the gesture and went forwards. Then in a perfectly timed pincer movement our boys were surrounded and got a right pasting.

A special thanks to the Liverpool constabulary who held us in the ground and did nothing to stop the home fans gathering around the exits to greet us.

Yes, there were a few of our Leigh lads that got befriended by a bigger group of Liverpool lads going across Stanley Park, walking to Anfield before that game. They were being very helpful and nice, telling them where to have a safe pint, etc, with a little bit of banter about how many Liverpool would score, etc. Then when they got to an obscure spot, they pounced, with fists, boots, a flash of knives, and then they robbed them. Obviously that was their aim all along. That's the story I heard, Billy Bests boot laces may put me right, or know more. Not going to mention names as two have very sadly passed. Back to the main point, poor old Liverpool fans, actually losing a game, ending a 25 match unbeaten run. I really feel for them.

Liverpool fans going into meltdown and angry at the defeat to spam on social media and talksport. You know, they hardly lose a game nowadays, with that very good team they have. WOW. Talk about being spoilt. They haven't a clue what being in a relegation battle is like for example. Hey Scousers, try being a Southend fan for one month. You might appreciate things a bit more.
Nearly as funny as all the plastic Mancs round here sulking about their current plight.

I don't watch much TV but am annoyed Masterchef clashed with the Mastermind/Only Connect/University Challenge trifecta.
Same here. Got all on series link but there's always iplayer should one fail.

Black Friday!

Just like Fireworks NIGHT! It’s meant to be one night yet goes on for weeks and doesn’t make it a nice time for me or my animals.

But as for Black Friday, a tradition we have picked up from the US. Black Friday is the after Thanks Giving sales, you know that great British tradition. But it’s not just a Friday thing, it goes on for weeks. Does my head in! Plus must of the stuff was cheaper weeks before, they increase them to a higher price and then drop it to make you think you’re getting a great deal.

Black Friday!

But as for Black Friday, a tradition we have picked up from the US. Black Friday is the after Thanks Giving sales,
I'll be in NY for this event, in a couple of weeks time. Was over there in 2008 at same time, where the 'bargains' are a lot more genuine than some of the 'tat' on offer over here!.

Black Friday!

Just like Fireworks NIGHT! It’s meant to be one night yet goes on for weeks and doesn’t make it a nice time for me or my animals.

But as for Black Friday, a tradition we have picked up from the US. Black Friday is the after Thanks Giving sales, you know that great British tradition. But it’s not just a Friday thing, it goes on for weeks. Does my head in! Plus must of the stuff was cheaper weeks before, they increase them to a higher price and then drop it to make you think you’re getting a great deal.
That's cause people are stupid .... I've never bought anything on black Friday!

Black Friday!

Yes, and what is all the Halloween stuff about? I can't remember the last time I saw a Guy Fawkes or a proper bonfire.

Black Friday!

I'm with you on that. I've served many years. I'm a bag of nerves and it doesn't help that my dog is too. It goes on for weeks, even tonight they're still going on and I notice a change in my mood everytime I hear them.

They should be banned like they are in Northern Ireland.

I have no problem with organised events, but ban them for personal use. They're not needed.

Black Friday!

You should read the Which? reports. Almost nothing you buy on black Friday is a good deal.

You should read the Which? reports. Almost nothing you buy on black Friday is a good deal.
I subscribe to Which and do find that some of their best buys are not always the best. I was also once told that the larger companies pay Which to promote their products when it comes to testing at the expense of some smaller brands. That doesn't make it true, but it does give some credence to my views on best buys.

Just been handed a "Christmas present" from for my 19 month old. I'm going to sound like a right snob now but its the kind of Christmas present that I used to dread getting from certain family members when I was a child. Age on the box states 4+ due to small parts. Its the kind of present that you see being sold in car boot sales that break within 10 minutes of play. Hopefully 10 minutes of play with it will also install the same fate and it can be put in the bin at the same time as the wrapping paper.

Looking at it i'm not sure how the spring loaded launcher passed safety tests in China let alone the UK.

I dreaded getting them as a child and i'm now embarrassed for my son that he is now being put through the same torment. Whats wrong with a book and a nice bit of Brio.

Last edited:
Spoke to a few people over the weekend, friends and neighbours etc, and despite them asking if I was still going along to The Hall, none took the pee.
Just seems silently insulting when we are such dross that folks won't rip you to shreds for being losers.
As if it, supporting SUFC, was a terrible deformity or sickness which is too taboo to mock.

Back