• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Black Friday "Deals"

Went to order a car seat for my little one couple of weeks ago and noticed the price had shot up from around the £200 mark to £260 in most shops and online. Realised that it was getting ready for Black Friday sales so waited until today. Price today £234 across pretty much all retailers so just 10% dis**** but still 10% more than it had been selling for.

I'm amazed that some people fall for this stuff. TVs will always be discounted heavily etc as the stores are trying to get rid of this years models before the new models are in the shops early in the new year.

Anyone buying on Amazon try the website Camel Camel Camel. It shows you the price history of the product, and you can even set up alerts when it dips below a desired purchase price.

Don't even get me started on the Americanism of the event either.

The Royal Mail claiming they attempted a Delivery at 3.21 yesterday and nobody in. We were both here...FFS!

The Royal Mail claiming they attempted a Delivery at 3.21 yesterday and nobody in. We were both here...FFS!

I am very lucky with Royal Mail, but cursed with Hermes, who keep dumping my parcel on the doorstep for anyone to steal, or over the tall fence at the back. And don't even bother to put a card through.

Took the top of my right index finger off slicing potatoes on a mandolin.
Ouch!

I did the same on New Years day about 3 years ago. I didn't slice it completely off and the hospital glued it back. I had about 3 weeks of regular visits to my GP surgery to have the dressing changed and a general clean up. Even now it feels a bit hard to the touch, but other than that you'd not notice.

Having to go to work today at stansted airport in this freezing wind, it was awful yesterday in all sorts of weather, at least it should be dry today, and I suppose I get Monday and Tuesday off.

I work out of a flexible workspace and some **** keeps stealing my milk from the fridge.

I was forced to make my Ready Brek with 75% water.

I am also one of those! Scares the ****ing **** out of me every year. They really do need to ban them being sold to the public, should be planned displays only.
I agree with you. It doesn't bother me personally but I see how it affects others. My step sons grandads dog dies of a heart attack a few years ago because of fireworks and my other halfs mum gets PTSD from it because she was a kid during the Biafra war. Can you imagine the uproar if a ban was put in place though, bloody snowflake leftys etc is nothing safe blah blah blah

I am very lucky with Royal Mail, but cursed with Hermes, who keep dumping my parcel on the doorstep for anyone to steal, or over the tall fence at the back. And don't even bother to put a card through.
Hermes are generally rubbish, I hated having Hermes deliveries in my old house. We are pretty lucky with our Hermes delivery driver now she is quite good.

Hermes are generally rubbish, I hated having Hermes deliveries in my old house. We are pretty lucky with our Hermes delivery driver now she is quite good.

Basically what I have found is that if you get a local in a car hired by Hermes, they are fine. If you get the big van full time delivery drivers from London, they are in a rush and couldn't care less. It's dump and go. Shocking customer service as well trying to sort out a missing parcel, that they just dumped somewhere.

I work out of a flexible workspace and some **** keeps stealing my milk from the fridge.

I was forced to make my Ready Brek with 75% water.

I'd buy some more, wait for it to go off and then put it in the fridge. They'll soon learn.

Both our Hermes delivery ladies are and have always been very good. Re my initial rant about RM ( no not him) the postie has actually just put said item through the letter box with all the other post. Why they couldn't they just do that Saturday?

Hermes are the worst by far, I don't know anyone who's had a good experience with them.

If I buy something online, pay and checkout, check the delivery status and it says Hermes, my heart sinks because I know it's going to be grief.

Both our Hermes delivery ladies are and have always been very good. Re my initial rant about RM ( no not him) the postie has actually just put said item through the letter box with all the other post. Why they couldn't they just do that Saturday?

For me Amazon are the best. I'm guessing the drivers are self employed and just contracted out...

Ive never had any problems with them and Christ they work hard.

Reactions: ESG
For me Amazon are the best. I'm guessing the drivers are self employed and just contracted out...

Ive never had any problems with them and Christ they work hard.
I’d go along with that.

I live in Hockley & the DPD drivers round here are nutcases, Speeding & throwing the vans around like Dukes of Hazard & abandoning them in the middle of the road with the door open to make a ‘quick‘ delivery that leaves one sitting behind them minutes at a time.

One of the bleeders reversed into my fence last month & sped off without stopping - ar$3hole!

I’d go along with that.

I live in Hockley & the DPD drivers round here are nutcases, Speeding & throwing the vans around like Dukes of Hazard & abandoning them in the middle of the road with the door open to make a ‘quick‘ delivery that leaves one sitting behind them minutes at a time.

One of the bleeders reversed into my fence last month & sped off without stopping - ar$3hole!

They're the same in Leigh, they drive around like a bull in a china shop.

I'm guessing the Amazon drivers are self employed, they just seem to take more care (thier livelihood).

Put the car in for service today and got a Fiat 500 as a courtesy car as they didn't have any Honda manual drives available. Definitely not impressed.

• Haha
Reactions: JAL
Back