• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Pre-Match Thread Grimsby Town v Southend United, Friday 19th November, 1945KO, NL (Live on BT Sport)

Starting XI and Result

• Steve Arnold

Votes: 55 75.3%
  • Jason Demetriou

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Rob Howard

Votes: 26 35.6%
  • John White

Votes: 14 19.2%
  • Kacper Łopata

• Shaun Hobson

Votes: 53 72.6%
  • Nathan Ralph

• Tom Clifford

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • James Dunne

Votes: 24 32.9%
  • Abu Ogogo

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • Harry Phillips

Votes: 35 47.9%
  • Nathan Ferguson

Votes: 25 34.2%
  • Louis Walsh

Votes: 36 49.3%
  • Zak Brunt

• Matt Dennis

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Sam Dalby

Votes: 42 57.5%
  • Rhys Murphy

Votes: 51 69.9%
  • Matt Rush

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Terrell Egbri

Votes: 7 9.6%
  • Charlie Sayers

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Harry Seaden

Votes: 0 0.0%

Votes: 2 2.7%

• Win

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Lose

Votes: 42 57.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I live about half an hour away from Grimsby and it's somewhere I try and avoid going to, it's a total dump with only vape shops, tan shops and bookies still open.

I'll end up going to the match despite not expecting to get any kind of result and countering the entire time about how bloody cold it is
From my recollections going there in 2005, there's a fantastic fish & chip shop called 'Ernie Bishops (?), in Cleethorpe's town centre!.

So here we are then. The clash of the former League 2 titans. Grimsby's recent poor run gives us some hope that we may avoid being mullered but it's difficult to see anything but another defeat. Of course there is always hope and underdogs can triumph but it hurts when I consider the contrasting fortunes of the two recently relegated clubs. The future is bright for us with the triumvirate in charge aided by Stan, but the present is painful. Our next fixture against Maidenhead offers a much better chance of success for us, so tonight is simply to be endured and to try to discern seeds of change in our poisoned soil.....

SHAUN Hobson insists Southend United must start to enjoy their football if they are to hit top form this season.

Read more on this story

Help with Echo links
Interesting this:

“When you get older football changes.

“It’s not like it is when you’re younger when you just go out and play with a smile on your face'.

Apart from the missing comma, I wonder whether Mr H is referring to the likes of White and Demi, maybe even Dunne?

Two of the three carry a lot of baggage from the previous three seasons.
They got torn a new one against Woking, and it must be hard to take.
It seems one minute they're saving Southend's League One bacon against Sunderland; the next(ish) they're overrun by a mid-table team who have no pretensions of league grandeur.

As for the rest, about 'enjoying football'? Good luck with that, Shaunie.
I would suggest your development went out of the window when you joined Blues.

Interesting this:

“When you get older football changes.

“It’s not like it is when you’re younger when you just go out and play with a smile on your face'.

Apart from the missing comma, I wonder whether Mr H is referring to the likes of White and Demi, maybe even Dunne?

Two of the three carry a lot of baggage from the previous three seasons.
They got torn a new one against Woking, and it must be hard to take.
It seems one minute they're saving Southend's League One bacon against Sunderland; the next(ish) they're overrun by a mid-table team who have no pretensions of league grandeur.

As for the rest, about 'enjoying football'? Good luck with that, Shaunie.
I would suggest your development went out of the window when you joined Blues.
I actually do wonder if White and Demetriou have been finished off by the last few seasons. White vs Woking just looked miserable, like he was drained of energy. I noticed also that there were still no cheers when the team was read out. There’s still a hell of a lot of work to do before players (and fans) start enjoying matches again. Nothing better to fix that than a few wins but I doubt that’ll happen tonight! I’ll be watching on tv but not with any expectations. Fair play to anyone making that trip from Essex.

Do you have to have BT sport or the monthly £25 pass to watch the game or do Now Tv or somebody else allow you to?

Thanks in advance guys.

Unfortunately you have to pay for the monthly pass if you don't have BT, unlike Sky, which offers a daily pass. If you can bear to watch Premier League games they have several live games, which may or may not be a bonus.

Make sure you keep an eye on the date as after the monthly pass expires it automatically renews.

Completely agree. I had to check their League position again as they looked so much better than us. Shocked that it has taken them 10 years to put a mid table team together after they dropped out of the league.
They also spent a period of those 10 years in the NL north. They clearly spent real money on assembling their current squad but that doesn’t always get you promoted. They are currently 10th because there are 9 more consistent teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back