• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula 1 2021

I do feel if race 9 or 10 safety car wouldn’t have come in , but for the crowd and drivers I believe one lap shoot out was correct
End of day Red Bull gambled on tyre change , Mercedes didn’t
This season been a hell of a racing format and it’s no surprise we had last lap drama
Not a Hamilton fan for past antics, but a new King is crowned which is good for the sport imho
Wasn't really a gamble though, they had nothing to lose by changing tyres.

I do feel if race 9 or 10 safety car wouldn’t have come in , but for the crowd and drivers I believe one lap shoot out was correct
End of day Red Bull gambled on tyre change , Mercedes didn’t
This season been a hell of a racing format and it’s no surprise we had last lap drama
Not a Hamilton fan for past antics, but a new King is crowned which is good for the sport imho
That's not true Merc could of changed tires before that stupid finish but the race officials changed their minds twice.

I an not a particular fan of Lewis but that was just wrong and has ruined what was a great race.

I can see mercedes point, they were following the rules. If they knew this was going to happen they may have pitted. If they'd had not allowed overtaking of lapped cars lewis would have won. If they'd allowed all they cars to un lap themselves lewis would have won. Doubt anything will happen. Loved the comment from the director 'let them race' , what did he think theyve been doing for the last 50 laps! If they can show max over took under the safety car that may be a bigger problem

That wasn't racing though. The pervious 57 laps were until the rubbish at the end.
I’m on about lap 1 not the last lap. Max didn’t make the FIA make that decision. Mercedes ****ed up by having Hamilton out on those shot tyres. There was always a chance that this could’ve happened. Max capitalised on his teams mistake.

It reminds me of kids football when one team is winning 10 nil and the ref says next goal is the winner.

Lap 56: FIA race control "Lapped cars will not be allowed to overtake"
Lap 57: FIA race control "Lapped cars will be allowed to overtake"
Lap 58: Only 5 out of 12 Lapped cars allowed to overtake.

Masi

It reminds me of kids football when one team is winning 10 nil and the ref says next goal is the winner.

Lap 56: FIA race control "Lapped cars will not be allowed to overtake"
Lap 57: FIA race control "Lapped cars will be allowed to overtake"
Lap 58: Only 5 out of 12 Lapped cars allowed to overtake.

Masi
Cracking analogy.

Is that sarcasm? I haven’t kept my opinion of Hamilton quiet.
No,I just think that the race was a farce ,they won‘t change their decision and let everyone know that they made an incorrect decision .
i stopped watching the racing about 3/4 years ago because most of the time the same cars win ,would MV b world champion if he drove a Haas ?

Well yes if he had stayed out his tyres may not have been good enough, so it was a gamble to bring him in and hope something happened and it did
They pitted under the safety car. No gamble. Prior to that He was second and not gaining time anywhere near fast enough.

If they hadn't pitted they'd have remained second. So I maintain it wasn't gamble as they had nothing to lose, but everything to gain.

No,I just think that the race was a farce ,they won‘t change their decision and let everyone know that they made an incorrect decision .
i stopped watching the racing about 3/4 years ago because most of the time the same cars win ,would MV b world champion if he drove a Haas ?
Same could be said for Hamilton that has pretty much had the best car on the grid his entire career.

Next season should be interesting, however they’ve said it many times before and the usual culprits with all the money benefit and those drivers with the best cars win.

They pitted under the safety car. No gamble. Prior to that He was second and not gaining time anywhere near fast enough.

If they hadn't pitted they'd have remained second. So I maintain it wasn't gamble as they had nothing to lose, but everything to gain.

We then agree to disagree which is like the stewards room at the moment I suspect ?

If the result stands there will always be a cloud over Max's championship. He was gifted it, Hamilton was out of sight. Even Horner admitted with ten laps to go. They couldnt catch him, when the safety car out the race was over. Until they changed the rules

I reckon 5 place grid penalty for Max for next race for overtaking behind safety car.

And nothing for FIA for not following their own rule book.

Back