• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula 1 2021

Not sure on the final decision re safety car,
I think mercedes have a case. Looking at the rules they could be on a sticky wicket

Not sure on the final decision re safety car,
I think mercedes have a case. Looking at the rules they could be on a sticky wicket

The FIA would massively shoot themselves in the foot if they were to take the championship away from him. I’d certainly never watch the sport again. This wouldn’t be a talking point had Mercedes not ****ed up their strategy and kept Hamilton out on the old tyres. That last lap he would’ve smashed Max as the Mercedes had the pace. This is on Mercedes not the FIA.

If the race director decides that is what he wants then that’s what happens. Just like Hamilton didn’t have to give position back to Max after he gained an advantage on lap 1.
He didn't gain an advantage. He was forced, by Verstappen deliberately running him wide whilst not being on the racing line, to take aversive action. He got run off the road. Can't gain an advantage if you're the victim of aggression which goes over the line.

Great end! The best driver got the championship he deserved.

Aaaaaabsolute trash.

He didn't gain an advantage. He was forced, by Verstappen deliberately running him wide whilst not being on the racing line, to take aversive action. He got run off the road. Can't gain an advantage if you're the victim of aggression which goes over the line.

Aaaaaabsolute trash.
Oh! I see so he isn’t allowed to race? He stayed within the track lines and didn’t go off. Forced him off! Hamilton fans are hilarious. If anyone is talking absolute trash it is you!

I really don’t care what you think anyway Max Verstappen is world champion!!

The FIA would massively shoot themselves in the foot if they were to take the championship away from him. I’d certainly never watch the sport again. This wouldn’t be a talking point had Mercedes not ****ed up their strategy and kept Hamilton out on the old tyres. That last lap he would’ve smashed Max as the Mercedes had the pace. This is on Mercedes not the FIA.
So you lead the whole race from the grid and because of bending the rules re the safety car after being 10 seconds ahead you have basically a grid start with 1 lap to go, with 1 of the drivers having the bonus of fresher tires.

Absolutely awful decision by the race officials and totally wrong.

Oh! I see so he isn’t allowed to race? He stayed within the track lines and didn’t go off. Forced him off! Hamilton fans are hilarious. If anyone is talking absolute trash it is you!

I really don’t care what you think anyway Max Verstappen is world champion!!
But he didn't stay on the ****ing racing line, did he!? You can see that he didn't! He dive-bombed and ran him off the road. If he's racing then he should have stayed on the racing line!!!

Felt hamilton should have given the place back to be honest. Never like these run off areas, bring back the gravel traps and that would have resolved the issue with track limits. But the safety car decision was crazy. I think they should stop the principals harassing the director as well. As he was obviously influenced by Horner.

Hamilton has been let down by stupid rules, your 11 seconds ahead of your nearest rival and yet the restart he’s next to you, sorry the first 57 laps a complete waste of energy and time, this is not racing in my book

I can understand. But they should let it go. Hamilton wouldn't want to win the championship in court

Felt hamilton should have given the place back to be honest. Never like these run off areas, bring back the gravel traps and that would have resolved the issue with track limits. But the safety car decision was crazy. I think they should stop the principals harassing the director as well. As he was obviously influenced by Horner.
If there was a gravel trap there then Lewis would have had no where to go and then there'd have been a collision

Protest lodged. Doubt it will get anywhere, can't see FIA ruling against themselves, and as Martin Brundle says - what's the remedy even if they do?

But consensus seems to be, even from Rosberg and Button who visibly strain every sinew to say anything in Hamilton's favour, that several regulations have not been followed. It doesn't matter a jot whether Masi wanted to finish under a safety car or let them race.....that's not the primary consideration. Primary consideration is safety and correct application of the regulations - nothing more and nothing less.

Why? He was forced off the track. Watch the on-board footage. He had to take evasive action. If he didn't go onto the runoff area then they would have collided because of where MV placed his car.

But he didn't stay on the ****ing racing line, did he!? You can see that he didn't! He dive-bombed and ran him off the road. If he's racing then he should have stayed on the racing line!!!
Let’s just stop racing then if that’s the case, if he did that why wasn’t Max punished for ‘running him off’ the track.

I do feel if race 9 or 10 safety car wouldn’t have come in , but for the crowd and drivers I believe one lap shoot out was correct
End of day Red Bull gambled on tyre change , Mercedes didn’t
This season been a hell of a racing format and it’s no surprise we had last lap drama
Not a Hamilton fan for past antics, but a new King is crowned which is good for the sport imho

Let’s just stop racing then if that’s the case, if he did that why wasn’t Max punished for ‘running him off’ the track.
Ultimately no harm done. If Hamilton not taken avoiding action and collided then they may have done.

That wasn't racing though. The pervious 57 laps were until the rubbish at the end.

Back