• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Formula 1 2021

Lewis has absolutely mastered Max. You can just tell that he lives rent free in Max's head and that's what comes after all those scars versus Alonso, Massa, Vettel, Rosberg etc. Max's behaviour being enabled by RBR just means we run the risk of a generational talent not being able to convert into championships, especially if the RB car is behind in terms of development for 2022, as the rumours are that they put a lot into their car for this year instead.

Masi has had an absolute 'mare as well, the inconsistency week after week (and Mercedes have been at fault as well) runs the risk of becoming a big story when the focus really should be on the track.

Finally, I expect that's the last time we see that circuit for F1, it was a complete disaster.

Lewis has absolutely mastered Max. You can just tell that he lives rent free in Max's head and that's what comes after all those scars versus Alonso, Massa, Vettel, Rosberg etc. Max's behaviour being enabled by RBR just means we run the risk of a generational talent not being able to convert into championships, especially if the RB car is behind in terms of development for 2022, as the rumours are that they put a lot into their car for this year instead.

Masi has had an absolute 'mare as well, the inconsistency week after week (and Mercedes have been at fault as well) runs the risk of becoming a big story when the focus really should be on the track.

Finally, I expect that's the last time we see that circuit for F1, it was a complete disaster.
Yeah, RBR really do turn their favourite boys into absolute nightmares. Vettel was awful when at RBR, and Horner/Marko always enabled it.....funny how he suddenly became so much more likeable when he left. Verstappen is even worse, but then you have Daddy helping to feed that entitlement too.

That was a nuts race. Think Max overstepped the mark on a few occasions. But then he had the advantage of knowing if they both went off it would be to his benefit, whereas Lewis knew he had to keep out of trouble.
He still has. He has one more win than Hamilton which will (apparently) become important if they both don't finish next weekend.

On a different note, how on earth was Hamilton able to real off fastest lap after fastest lap with a broken front wing? The guy is a genius.

The fact that Verstappen begrudgingly accepted the result with "It is what it is" and saying things happened that he doesn't agree with, but that's racing says a lot about what he was really thinking. It certainly gives the impression he thinks he was lucky to get away with his antics.

One thing's for sure, next weekend is going to be fantastic. I don't think they're going to need the end of race fireworks. Nothing will compare to the race itself.

I hope it's going to be a fantastic race and not decided by a stewards decision. The stewards have been so inconsistent, but then when has it been this close between two different teams. Lewis had it with Rosberg but they were on same team so they could let the principals sort it out. The stewards are probably dreading next sunday. But looking at verstappens body language he looks beaten already.

I hope it's going to be a fantastic race and not decided by a stewards decision. The stewards have been so inconsistent, but then when has it been this close between two different teams. Lewis had it with Rosberg but they were on same team so they could let the principals sort it out. The stewards are probably dreading next sunday. But looking at verstappens body language he looks beaten already.

It certainly seemed that his inexperience of these situations was getting the better of him yesterday, particularly around complaining that the safety car wasn't going fast enough. It will be interesting to see if he can hold it together next weekend when he really has to.

He still has. He has one more win than Hamilton which will (apparently) become important if they both don't finish next weekend.

On a different note, how on earth was Hamilton able to real off fastest lap after fastest lap with a broken front wing? The guy is a genius.

The fact that Verstappen begrudgingly accepted the result with "It is what it is" and saying things happened that he doesn't agree with, but that's racing says a lot about what he was really thinking. It certainly gives the impression he thinks he was lucky to get away with his antics.

One thing's for sure, next weekend is going to be fantastic. I don't think they're going to need the end of race fireworks. Nothing will compare to the race itself.

Yep, he keeps the advantage of knowing both out suits him. I guess he'll continue sticking his car in positions where Lewis will have to take avoiding action.

One incident, that happens, but 3 or 4 in a 50 lap race, with what 10 or so laps under safety car or virtual safety car. That's deliberate actions. Would love to have a been a fly on the wall in the stewards meeting after. The additional 10 second penalty is obviously meaningless, but I'd like to hear what was said.

I don't think they're particularly inconsistent. The regulations need an overhaul, and that's a completely different matter, but I feel the stewards apply the regulations as they are fairly consistently.

Stewards Report

Interesting the use of the words by the Red Bull team to Verstappen "Give Hamilton back the place but do so strategically".

Well Verstappen certainly did that, by remaining on the racing line in the middle of the track and ramming this anchors on (as confirmed by Verstappen's telemetry data) and just before the DRS line.

Did the 10 second penalty after the race which made absolutely no difference to the result fit the infringement?

No not in my option.

Saudi Arabian Grand Prix.jpg

Stewards Report

Interesting the use of the words by the Red Bull team to Verstappen "Give Hamilton back the place but do so strategically".

Well Verstappen certainly did that, by remaining on the racing line in the middle of the track and ramming this anchors on (as confirmed by Verstappen's telemetry data) and just before the DRS line.

Did the 10 second penalty after the race which made absolutely no difference to the result fit the infringement?

No not in my option.

View attachment 17869
Maybe, but your opinion doesn't count, and nor does mine (as I tend to agree with you that such a penalty is meaningless). They have given him the standard penalty and it could probably be argued that it would be unfair to penalise someone more than that.

Maybe, but your opinion doesn't count, and nor does mine (as I tend to agree with you that such a penalty is meaningless). They have given him the standard penalty and it could probably be argued that it would be unfair to penalise someone more than that.

Agreed, our opinion does not matter, it is a bit like being a football fan. :Facepalm: :Angry:

Still like to have an opinion though.

Never going to happen , but love to see them race in identical cars, set up and see who wins
Max cannot run off LH, as people think could happen, because like the great Michael Schu did it, he was deducted points and lost the title
This will be decided by two drivers and the pit stop crews, who’s nerves must be on edge, love to see a heart monitor on them as the car stops ?
Me would love to see Red Bull, but what a great season to watch
Only winning F1, sad it cannot be on C4 live for all to watch

Never going to happen , but love to see them race in identical cars, set up and see who wins
Max cannot run off LH, as people think could happen, because like the great Michael Schu did it, he was deducted points and lost the title
This will be decided by two drivers and the pit stop crews, who’s nerves must be on edge, love to see a heart monitor on them as the car stops ?
That's the think though - F1 is a team game, it has very little to do with individuals...the Constructors should be the prestige not the Drivers - obvs we want to humanise it but I'm sure a race engineer, design engineer and strategy engineer are individually more important that the actual driver.
It's like making the top goal scorer in the prem more important that the prem title

That's the think though - F1 is a team game, it has very little to do with individuals...the Constructors should be the prestige not the Drivers - obvs we want to humanise it but I'm sure a race engineer, design engineer and strategy engineer are individually more important that the actual driver.
It's like making the top goal scorer in the prem more important that the prem title
Totally agree with you, but how many times is it all about the driver and not the team
Bottas has had to play second fiddle as a driver and would be great to see him take the final win, barring JV/LH going off the track its not going to happen

Just glad F1 has got its vroom back

Reactions: GDM
Was really hoping for a Max championship this year but can't help but feel Mercedes straight-line speed will win it for Lewis.

Channel 4 to show the race live:

BBC

Will be the first race I will have seen for a very long time. I'm hoping for a Verstappen win (or at least a finish ahead of Hamilton)

Lewis is a very good driver i'm sure, I just can't warm to the guy.

Will be the first race I will have seen for a very long time. I'm hoping for a Verstappen win (or at least a finish ahead of Hamilton)

Lewis is a very good driver i'm sure, I just can't warm to the guy.

And you can to Max???? They're both 'winners' and as such are both a tad on the arrogant side - although I do think Lewis has softened in the past few years.

Back