• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do they have a Scouse grandma? Did they go to uni there? Visited once? Or are they just shameless glory hunting ****s?
Probably never been within 100 miles of Liverpool.

My brother in law is a Liverpool fan, he’s been once. My sister in laws boyfriend is a Liverpool fan never been! (He was also a mascot for Colchester and a steward) he’s an alright bloke so I’ll let him off… just!

I worked with a bloke claimed he was a massive Liverpool fan, never been!

All of these people I mention, born and raised in Essex, no family from around that way all from Essex.

Really frustrating as these should be the sort of people the likes of us and the scum should be picking up. I understand their reluctance to support Colchester unless they marry their sister then I can see the appeal.

West Ham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham to an extent I get because they’re relatively local. I cannot fathom the support of Northern clubs unless you have family ties there or have lived that way in your life.

Good friend of mine, born and lived in Essex most of his life. His dad was born around Mansfield way, grew up a Mansfield fan and moved to Essex. My friend followed in his dads footsteps and supports them, he goes to the majority of games and still lives in Essex.

£1200 vets bill for one grape which I am hoping insurance will cover. The vets letter explains grapes are extremely toxic to dogs...

Dog has returned from stay at vets with several shaved patches and looks like he has escaped a vivisection lab.

Dog now owes me £1200 worth of guard duties.

Last edited:
£1200 vets bill for one grape which I am hoping insurance will cover. The vets letter explains grapes are extremely toxic to dogs...

Dog has returned from stay at vets with several shaved patches and looks like he has escaped a vivisection lab.
DIL's dog ate a conker ( FFS! ) last Sept, that cost her £500 as they are also very toxic to dogs.

Probably never been within 100 miles of Liverpool.

My brother in law is a Liverpool fan, he’s been once. My sister in laws boyfriend is a Liverpool fan never been! (He was also a mascot for Colchester and a steward) he’s an alright bloke so I’ll let him off… just!

I worked with a bloke claimed he was a massive Liverpool fan, never been!

All of these people I mention, born and raised in Essex, no family from around that way all from Essex.

Really frustrating as these should be the sort of people the likes of us and the scum should be picking up. I understand their reluctance to support Colchester unless they marry their sister then I can see the appeal.

West Ham, Chelsea, Arsenal, Tottenham to an extent I get because they’re relatively local. I cannot fathom the support of Northern clubs unless you have family ties there or have lived that way in your life.

Good friend of mine, born and lived in Essex most of his life. His dad was born around Mansfield way, grew up a Mansfield fan and moved to Essex. My friend followed in his dads footsteps and supports them, he goes to the majority of games and still lives in Essex.

My ****ty neighbour was born in Cornwall, his 3 kids in MK. Everytime Liverpool are on the telly I don't need to know when they've scored. It was strangely quiet on Saturday night....

As an aside, a former member of this parish was a big Liverpool fan......

One of our neighbours is 80 in two weeks time. He's just had a notification from DWP advising of an increase in his State pension as a result, 20p a week and it counts as taxable if he pays tax.

Dog now owes me £1200 worth of guard duties.
What did the vet do for the £1200? Stomach pumped or surgery to remove the grape or was just for the letter and a short back and sides.

I sometimes wonder if you mention insurance the vet doesn't start doing additional items that they wouldn't normally do.

What did the vet do for the £1200? Stomach pumped or surgery to remove the grape or was just for the letter and a short back and sides.

I sometimes wonder if you mention insurance the vet doesn't start doing additional items that they wouldn't normally do.
It was out of hours hence the price.treatment included induced vomiting, blood tests, drip, overnight stay.

I have no doubt I have been done.

Papa Johns in Stanford-le-Hope.

XXL pizza online is £15.99 for collection order direct in the store and its £12.99.

Imagine ordering for collection, turning up and seeing the pizza you just ordered but for £3 less.

Cost of living has hit me though. Side order of mozzarella sticks snd halloumi fries currently cooking in my oven

1st world problems.

Papa Johns in Stanford-le-Hope.

XXL pizza online is £15.99 for collection order direct in the store and its £12.99.

Imagine ordering for collection, turning up and seeing the pizza you just ordered but for £3 less.

Cost of living has hit me though. Side order of mozzarella sticks snd halloumi fries currently cooking in my oven

1st world problems.
The cost of pizza's is a joke. Such a rip off. The prices have gone through the roof. The best deal out there is Pizza Hut £5 Favourites menu. Medium pizza for £5, plenty big enough for me and my daughter. Collection only. We get an Hawaiian. It would normally be a disgusting £18.49. My mate used to buy one now and again from the main menu at full price, until I told him. The staff never told him once he could get it for £5.

The cost of pizza's is a joke. Such a rip off. The prices have gone through the roof. The best deal out there is Pizza Hut £5 Favourites menu. Medium pizza for £5, plenty big enough for me and my daughter. Collection only. We get an Hawaiian. It would normally be a disgusting £18.49. My mate used to buy one now and again from the main menu at full price, until I told him. The staff never told him once he could get it for £5.
Dominos and Pizza Hut both do any pizza any size for £8.99 if you collect.

I find Asda's ones great value for money. 14" with any 4 toppings, plus the tomato & cheese base, with a choice of a 'drizzle' of chilli oil or a couple of other ones, only around £4.

Dominos and Pizza Hut both do any pizza any size for £8.99 if you collect.
Think it depends on the store. My local dominos charges either 9.99 or 10.99.

Definitely agree though that the cost of pizzas is stupid. I've always wondered how many pizzas they sell at their "normal" price.

To be fair, Pizza Hut pizzas are rank.

Back