• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I have done and know of worse. Alternatively, enjoy the fun of driving regularly down said road only to get stuck in a long tailback behind a cyclist who can‘t be overtaken…wonderful…not…

Could be worse. They could turn up to fit the meter but not fit it as the electric meter box is metal and their rules state they aren't allowed to fit it within a metal meter box.
Hmm, well my son had a smart meter fitted last year (Bulb) in his metal meter cabinet, no problem or queries at all. Maybe it depends on the supplier.

Esso aren't selling at a loss, and the forecourt is rammed. Tescos Pitsea I would imagine would continue to have 1 delivery a day. So what's the issue? It's surely just pure profitterring.

View attachment 21216
It always has been profiteering, as said by the experts on this. The easing of wholesale costs proves that, even when they are given time for to cut fuel. It's quick to go up, and slow to come down. The government in charge also profits hugely, so is not keen to clamp down on it.

The enormous dump that an evil seagull deposited on my windscreen this morning. It wasn't even a bit contained, it was a wide spread load. I hate the bird with a vengeance.
Seagulls are a poor second when it comes to sharing the wealth. Just wait until a duck opens the bomb doors, its like an atomic explosion.

Ever so slightly ****ed off with my bank ,The Co-op in SOS.Seem to remember writing on here at the time that they informed me back in in Jan 21 (just after I'd paid my annual C/C fee) that they wouldn't be renewing my exisiting C/C (which expires this August) because of Brexit.Lo and behold got a new C/C from them in the post yesterday.Trouble is,based on what they said,I've l'd ready authorised,received and paid for a C/C with an acount I have with the Credit Agricole in France.Since I already have a Spanish visa connected with my La Caixa account here I now have 3 C/Cs.One of which I certainly don't need and one I keep as a reserve only.Naturally I use the Spanish c/c for my day-to day spending here So which card should I cancel? The only advantage of the English C/C for me is that I've already chosen the pin number (which you can't do with the French one).Thoughts?

Last edited:
Ever so slightly ****ed off with my bank ,The Co-op in SOS.Seem to remember writing on here at the time that they informed me back in in Jan 21 (just after I'd paid my annual C/C fee) that they wouldn't be renewing my exisiting C/C (which expires this August) because of Brexit.Lo and behold got a new C/C from them in the post yesterday.Trouble is,based on what they said,I've l'd ready authorised,received and paid for a C/C with an acount I have with the Credit Agricole in France.Since I already have a Spanish visa connected with my La Caixa account here I now have 3 C/Cs.One of which I certainly don't need and one I keep as a reserve only.Naturally I use the Spanish c/c for my day-to day spending here So which card should I cancel? The only advantage of the English C/C for me is that I've already chosen the pin number (which you can't do with the French one).Thoughts?
Funnily enough just had a letter from NatWest giving me six month's notice of closing my accounts and credit cards as they will no longing be offering their services to certain EU countries. As a bank pensioner I am a bit unhappy about this to put it mildly. Fortunately my credit card balance is nil but to be deprived of a line of credit in such an arbitrary fashion is not good. I think HSBC are about the only major Uk bank still offering services to EU expat residents but they don't issue credit cards to non UK residents. Maybe I should get in touch with the Co-Op, as my Latvian bank don't do credit cards at all. All this highlights yet another dividend of Brexit that the lying criminal forgot to mention

Best wishes @ORM, be careful what medicines you fly with, ( suck eggs).
You will need some room to keep the leg relaxed.
I’m front row economy with extra legroom by default. Long overdue an upgrade with my frequent flyer status but they just don’t happen these days.

Only antibiotic tablets and ibuprofen but to be honest so far no need for painkillers, just discomfort more than anything else.

I had several local anaesthetics before the stitches. The only thing I felt was the tetanus and even that was mild.

Tiny black flies! Our house was swarming with the little gits yesterday. Some had managed to get into the fridge but the cold has nuked those. Food caddy, general kitchen waste bin, bread bin, you name it the flies have found it.

Major fly nuking and cleaning now underway from Mrs RHB and lots of growling and grumbling at me as if it's my fault.

Tiny black flies! Our house was swarming with the little gits yesterday. Some had managed to get into the fridge but the cold has nuked those. Food caddy, general kitchen waste bin, bread bin, you name it the flies have found it. Not really surprising I suppose with this long hot dry spell of weather that we are currently experiencing.

Major fly nuking and cleaning now underway from Mrs RHB and lots of growling and grumbling at me as if it's my fault.

@ORM, fitbit, apple, garmin or phone steps? And how does the distnce on device match against actual known distance? e.g.5k

@ORM, fitbit, apple, garmin or phone steps? And how does the distnce on device match against actual known distance? e.g.5k
Samsung Active Watch 2. I only have it hooked up to the Samsung app purely as I walk rather than run. I’ve never truly measured it but there are plenty of measured fitness trails and my local sports ground running track where I undertake to do the comparison in several weeks time. I’m currently under strict orders for extremely minimal walking and elevation for 7-10 days.

Biggest issue with the watch is charging every 30 hours. There are lesser brands with similar functionality where battery life is a week plus.

24,500 steps gives me an average of 11.5 miles

Samsung Active Watch 2. I only have it hooked up to the Samsung app purely as I walk rather than run. I’ve never truly measured it but there are plenty of measured fitness trails and my local sports ground running track where I undertake to do the comparison in several weeks time. I’m currently under strict orders for extremely minimal walking and elevation for 7-10 days.

Biggest issue with the watch is charging every 30 hours. There are lesser brands with similar functionality where battery life is a week plus.

24,500 steps gives me an average of 11.5 miles
I have Huawei watch gt2, get around 10 to 14 days battery life - watch is around 18mth old and battery still good at the moment.

Back