• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The Rwanda thing is ridiculous, and probably an empty threat and deterrent. I think if you lived here you would have a different view. The whole thing is a mess. There are thousands coming across each month. They throw everything identifying them away. Then tell their story (Some genuine, most not as proven)as to why they need asylum in this country. Most use the gay excuse that puts them in our system. There are grown men with no I.D. saying they are 16 and an abandoned child. Our hotels are filling up while they wait to be processed. Some are being put up in hotels for over 2 years as the process is taking longer as so many are coming here and the waiting list has grown out of control. You probably remember the massive Palace Hotel at the top of Pier Hill. It's now called the Park Inn. Apparently, It's now about half full of immigrants awaiting their case. Most have been there over a year. Think of the cost of putting those people up in hotels, let alone the cost of those that get asylum with housing and benefits. This country will go skint if this is allowed to go on for years. Now we have even more economic migrants coming across as well. The whole system needs to change. We need processing that sorts out the genuine from the non genuine. We need to stop the gay lie rule that allows entry and hotel accommodation. Genuine refugees should be welcomed and looked after, the rest, definitely not.
I agree about the Rwanda policy.I don't think if I lived in the UK I'd have a different view ,which is why I argued for a sensible and humane policy towards refugees.

Killing time at Lakeside as its a pain for my daughter to get home on a bank holiday. Surrounding me with loads of kids in an attempt to get me to move will only result in me eating more slowly. I am not rushing for anyone.

Welcome Gym in Southend.

A frequent lack of hot water is one thing but this morning there was no running water at all which is not great if you cycle to work and only use the gym for a shower.

Can anyone recommend a cheap gym close to Southend High Street.

Welcome Gym in Southend.

A frequent lack of hot water is one thing but this morning there was no running water at all which is not great if you cycle to work and only use the gym for a shower.

Can anyone recommend a cheap gym close to Southend High Street.
Simply Gym in Victoria Ave

EON Next. Their Engineer arrived today to install my smart meter (at their contractual request). Checked out all our gas appliances and declared that our gas real fire in the lounge needed ventilation or it would be illegal under gas regs. Asked to see the installation instructions and of course I didn't have a scooby where they were. So I did a bit of web surfing and found them on line for him. Not satisfied, 'needs ventilation in the room', he says! So I emailed the Tech department of the Gas fire manufacturers who confirmed no ventilation needed. He was still not satisfied so I signed his form which told me he thought it needed ventilation. He offered to close off the gas supply to it so it was unusable and I politely told him it would not be a clever move on his part. Once he had changed my gas and electricity meters and installed the smart meter we bid each other a fond farewell and he buggered off with all my best wishes.

I'd have pointed to the window, opened it and said is that enough ventilation for you.

Wasn't this their 3rd attempt at fitting the smart meter? If they just turned up and did what they was asked they might not have to cancel people's installations

Reactions: RHB
I'd have pointed to the window, opened it and said is that enough ventilation for you.

Wasn't this their 3rd attempt at fitting the smart meter? If they just turned up and did what they was asked they might not have to cancel people's installations
First actual appearance after 3 no shows. It seems they have to cover themselves if anything went wrong with the fire after they had changed meters and inspected gas appliances in the premises and they hadn't pointed out the ventilation thing.

I am supposed to be starting a new contract Monday and so far no contract to sign or onboarding instructions.

I fear the worst.

I am supposed to be starting a new contract Monday and so far no contract to sign or onboarding instructions.

I fear the worst.
You never know. I once didn't receive a contract until 3 months into a 6 month contract. I suppose the difference is that it was a renewal rather than a brand new contract and they had a new guy in procurement who was a pain in the arse to deal with and kept making amendments without my agreement so I kept having to send it back.

Back