• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Scotland Ggrr. So many of you may or may not know the reason there are so many homeless, druggies and Alky's on the streets around Southend now, is because other Boroughs send them here, sometimes with a one way train ticket, it has been proven after investigation by the Echo. Most come from the London Boroughs, but some are sent from places as far as Bristol. Go to Southend, they are told, as Southend will give you accommodation, benefits, and lots of help as they have many homeless charities. That's why there are even more in large groups now, in the church yard back of the Royals, in York Road, Queensway on the grass hill, Sutton Road Church yard, and on the stairwells in blocks of high rise flats, and in the High Street and top of London Road. Getting drunk, taking drugs openly, fighting, arguing, and even having intercourse in the church yard at Sutton Road according to local residents. That church made the mistake of giving them free breakfast, now the vicar wants them gone, as it's become a nightmare. The reason they send them elsewhere is money and to get them off their hands. Most will never get a job, so are a drain on finances for that council with housing benefit, living benefits, and health benefits and costs, and taking up ambulance time and hospital beds, usually through an overdose or alcohol poisoning. Well Scotland has now started to send their homeless to the North of England for the same reasons. You don't expect another Country to dump their homeless people on us, and for us to now foot the bill.

@THE SEVENTIES NORTH BANK you have most of the situation about right.
I worked for HARP for a short period, over a decade ago, doing initial assessments on homeless who arrived seeking bed, food, clothing, wash, and all manner of help - believe me it was high stress as most had mental health , drug, alcohol, anger issues.
HARP is an excellent front line charity doing a service role which SBC ought to be doing; but having HARP, and the council do put funds to HARP, has enabled them to fudge their responsibility. Other councils do less!
All local councils, especially Basildon, Thurrock tell their homeless about HARP and in doing so send them this way, as do lots of HMPs/probation when they release the incarcerated.
I think HARP do a superb job, and are great helpers/savers of a lot of lost people BUT the argument could also be made that if HARP didn't exist then Southend's homeless community would largely fall away and rapidly shrink.

1200 plus migrants made Channel crossing yesterday. That is sad for so many reasons. They must be desperate to get here, sad enough. Desperate to leave France, understandable but as a safe country that makes their final stay in UK hard to comprehend, more sad. Most are young males who will, in a short course of time be disillusioned, and likely angry. The reaction of large parts of society, sad, understandable frustration around.
The response of governments, very sad indeed.

Sitting in the garden watching the day wake up. High humidity levels making me as sticky as Sticky the stick insect. Forecast 27 c today.

1200 plus migrants made Channel crossing yesterday. That is sad for so many reasons. They must be desperate to get here, sad enough. Desperate to leave France, understandable but as a safe country that makes their final stay in UK hard to comprehend, more sad. Most are young males who will, in a short course of time be disillusioned, and likely angry. The reaction of large parts of society, sad, understandable frustration around.
It's been found out that 40% of recent migrants come from Albania. Not a war torn country. Many are suspected, and some cases proven once they can find their true identity, to be criminals and gangsters, looking for much richer pickings and a better life in a much richer country compared to Albania.
The "official sensitive" report, compiled after a Royal Navy surveillance operation, was immediately seized upon by political figures to deride claims that many who make the journey are fleeing war-torn countries to find safety.

We must look after everyone of these men..........

So Harehills park bowling club, a lawn bowling club in Leeds, suffered 8 months of continual unprecedented amount of vandalism, break ins and thefts, costing over £3000. There was memorial benches smashed up, and even bad vandalism to the lawn playing surface. So police say they need evidence. So at even more cost, the club install CCTV. HOORAY, they capture the culprits in great images, they have the evidence the police asked for, mostly boys about 14. The police view the images, and a few of the local kids were known to members of the bowling club. The police then have a go at the bowling club, and issue a warning..........For taking images of children without consent. WTF. This country is going to the dogs. Perpetrators of crime are protected, and victims are now being told off.
If this is now the case, then maybe we should shut down all CCTV all over the country, as most are taking images of children without consent.

Last edited:
So Harehills park bowling club, a lawn bowling club in Leeds, suffered 8 months of continual unprecedented amount of vandalism, break ins and thefts, costing over £3000. There was memorial benches smashed up, and even bad vandalism to the lawn playing surface. So police say they need evidence. So at even more cost, the club install CCTV. HOORAY, they capture the culprits in great images, they have the evidence the police asked for, mostly boys about 14. The police view the images, and a few of the local kids were known to members of the bowling club. The police then have a go at the bowling club, and issue a warning..........For taking images of children without consent. WTF. This country is going to the dogs. Perpetrators of crime are protected, and victims are now being told off.

Can't argue with any of that.WOKE Britain.

Local petrol station put diesel up 2 p a litre was supposed to be coming down I thought

A civilised immigration policy would no doubt help to alleviate matters rather than the vague theat of flying potential immmigrats on a one-way ticket to Rwanda.As I understand it, most of the people attempting this dangerous crosssing are entitled to claim refugee status in the UK when they arrive.

Last edited:
A civilised immigration policy would no doubt help to alleviate matters rather than the vague theat of flying potential immmigrats on a one-way ticket to Rwanda.As I understand it, most of the people attempting this dangerous crosssing are entitled to claim refugee status in the UK when they arrive.
Not true.
Albanians currently make up over 40% of those coming across. Albania is a peaceful country, not war torn. They have no right to come to the U.K. to claim housing and benefits. This is from Gov.uk......

Removal of Albanians with no right to be in the UK will be fast-tracked wherever possible, under new plans agreed to tackle the scourge of small boat crossings.

Speaking this week, Home Secretary Priti Patel and the Minister for Interior Affairs of Albania, Bledi Çuçi, pledged to intensify joint work to tackle the problem of large numbers of Albanians taking the treacherous journey to the UK across the Channel at the hands of people smugglers.

Those coming from Albania – a safe and prosperous country – are travelling through multiple countries to make the journey to the UK. Many then make spurious asylum claims when they arrive.

Not true.
Albanians currently make up over 40% of those coming across. Albania is a peaceful country, not war torn. They have no right to come to the U.K. to claim housing and benefits. This is from Gov.uk......

Removal of Albanians with no right to be in the UK will be fast-tracked wherever possible, under new plans agreed to tackle the scourge of small boat crossings.

Speaking this week, Home Secretary Priti Patel and the Minister for Interior Affairs of Albania, Bledi Çuçi, pledged to intensify joint work to tackle the problem of large numbers of Albanians taking the treacherous journey to the UK across the Channel at the hands of people smugglers.

Those coming from Albania – a safe and prosperous country – are travelling through multiple countries to make the journey to the UK. Many then make spurious asylum claims when they arrive.
I'm quite happy to have a little bet with you that no UK refugee will ever be sent to Rwanda.It's high time the UK had a sensible ie a practical and humane policy on immigration.

BTW both Rob Noxious and I know an Albanian refugee who's currently an NHS doctor in Glasgow.

I'm sure you've heard of the term economic migrants-that's exactly what he is.He could have chosen to look for a job in Italy .We're lucky he didn't.

Last edited:
I'm quite happy to have a little bet with yo that no UK refugee will ever be sent to Rwanda.It's high time the UK had a sensible ie a practical and humane policy on immigration.

BTW both Rob Noxious and I know an Albanian refugee who's currently an NHS doctor in Glasgow.
I never mentioned Rwanda. Of course there are some very good and respectable people from Albania that would be an asset to the U.K. But, according to a report, these are nearly all men, and a large percent have a criminal record. Some are Albanian gangsters looking to set up an operation here to fleece Britons in their frauds and scams. Some are murderers, rapists and paedos. So it's probably best to turn them all back that have hid their identity and their criminal history.

I remember years ago talking to an interpreter from Albania. He'd escaped from the communist regime. Loved the UK and our freedoms. Don't tell TUIB but his hero was Maggie.

I remember years ago talking to an interpreter from Albania. He'd escaped from the communist regime. Loved the UK and our freedoms. Don't tell TUIB but his hero was Maggie.

Possibly she's Yuri's heroine too but I doubt it somehow. :Winking:
BTW I worked all my career with many refugees and economic migrants in health and social services and don't really need a lecture from Barcelona.
No lecture intended.Just a plea for a rational and humane immigration policy such as other countries in Europe have.

I never mentioned Rwanda. Of course there are some very good and respectable people from Albania that would be an asset to the U.K. But, according to a report, these are nearly all men, and a large percent have a criminal record. Some are Albanian gangsters looking to set up an operation here to fleece Britons in their frauds and scams. Some are murderers, rapists and paedos. So it's probably best to turn them all back that have hid their identity and their criminal history.
No you didn't but it's the obvious retort.FWIW I saw that news report in the week too,As I said it's high time the UK had a sensible immigration policy rather than just relying on vague threats of sending immigrants to Rwanda ,which is clearly not working.

No you didn't but it's the obvious retort.FWIW I saw that news report in the week too,As I said it's high time the UK had a sensible immigration policy rather than just relying on vague threats of sending immigrants to Rwanda ,which is clearly not working.
The Rwanda thing is ridiculous, and probably an empty threat and deterrent. I think if you lived here you would have a different view. The whole thing is a mess. There are thousands coming across each month. They throw everything identifying them away. Then tell their story (Some genuine, most not as proven)as to why they need asylum in this country. Most use the gay excuse that puts them in our system. There are grown men with no I.D. saying they are 16 and an abandoned child. Our hotels are filling up while they wait to be processed. Some are being put up in hotels for over 2 years as the process is taking longer as so many are coming here and the waiting list has grown out of control. You probably remember the massive Palace Hotel at the top of Pier Hill. It's now called the Park Inn. Apparently, It's now about half full of immigrants awaiting their case. Most have been there over a year. Think of the cost of putting those people up in hotels, let alone the cost of those that get asylum with housing and benefits. This country will go skint if this is allowed to go on for years. Now we have even more economic migrants coming across as well. The whole system needs to change. We need processing that sorts out the genuine from the non genuine. We need to stop the gay lie rule that allows entry and hotel accommodation. Genuine refugees should be welcomed and looked after, the rest, definitely not.

Back