• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Backroom Staff Salary Issues

It’s amazing how so many’s commenting were saying just one more defender, a few more forwards, the midfield needs strengthening.

We have all known for years we need Ron or another benefactor to add money every month to Southend United for our survival.

It’s great the staff are taking a stand, but we are back, Ron must go, and we need someone else to put a million a year in the club plus whatever Ron will sell for.

Anyone have someone in mind?

i think everyone who is interested in resolving the ownership issue needs to inform themselves of the (plentiful) alternatives.

Because of a family connection I followed way the fans at Portsmouth took control and they seemed to have an effective model.

A united fans organisation would easily have the necessary financial muscle to run the club.

When RM goes the debt goes with him .

I believe the administrators would be delighted to deal with a properly constituted fans organisation.

IF i was RM my biggest fear would be a UNITED fans organisation.

If we lose the debt/RM the club is immediately financially viable and a very sweet cherry for investors.

Do your research and look at the Portsmouth pathway.

Let’s get this crowdfunding page started if we all put small amount it will at least help pay some wages

I would rather crowd fund for some legal fees/support to set up a fans organisation (draw up a constitution) to take over club .

RM is robbing the club of its future to pay off his debts ..

you are joking right? the backroom staff are probably on minimum wage as it is - do you think an 'up and coming' tea lady/ticket sales receptionist or junior groundsman would jump at the chance of getting probably lower than what they are on now and with the prospect of not getting paid on time... a lot of these people can't even pay their rent/mortgage - its disgraceful.
You don't know Mad Cyrils posts very well do you

Disgusting. Disgraceful.

The issue we have is Ron’s over pricing of the club. Grimsby were taken over as were Oldham and Scunthorpe have had a takeover fall through but us…minimum £20m to own next to nothing other than a name…not happening. The guy is holding the club to ransom and will continue to embarrass us.

Disgusting. Disgraceful.

The issue we have is Ron’s over pricing of the club. Grimsby were taken over as were Oldham and Scunthorpe have had a takeover fall through but us…minimum £20m to own next to nothing other than a name…not happening. The guy is holding the club to ransom and will continue to embarrass us.
Sadly it is not just a club. It is also a development that will end up with a portfolio worth half a billion plus. They currently go hand in hand and Ron ain't walking away for the sums some site on here.

Sadly it is not just a club. It is also a development that will end up with a portfolio worth half a billion plus. They currently go hand in hand and Ron ain't walking away for the sums some site on here.
Absolutely. Which is why we are held to ransom. He wants his pot of gold.

Ben Clarkson is spot on. The likes of Tom, Stan and Kev are essentially a smokescreen. Lipstick on a pig.

What we need to do is to set up an AFC Southend, that is the only option left right now.

Not if non playing staff aren't paid on time
According to Vanarama rules, employees are classed as 'football creditors'. Defaulting to a football creditor can result in an embargo, fine or points deduction (League Rules 7, section 11, Football creditors).

Last edited:
Rinse and repeat like every other season under Ron ownership..... this club really is joke club which I don't have much interest in attending games anymore, once this club is under new ownership I will happily be back to support the lads. We need change!

Just a couple of things before the conspiracy theories start.

I didn't rejoin the club to be anyone's patsy, and everyone at the club knows that from the top down, so Benjamin would do well and so would everyone reading this, remember that I'm here to be a part of a positive change which ends with a club that is known for best practice, transparency, accountability and sustainability. All words I know, but everyone who's come in since 2021 and existing staff are working their tails off to move the club forward.

I tread a fine path between a promise to supporters of positive change from last year, a role within the club to influence change or leaving the club and having no influence to change anything.

I will not walk away from the supporters.

In the near year I've been at the club I've seen first hand the work Tom Lawrence, Football Department have done along with existing staff and it's fair to say that a more honest group of hard working and caring individuals you'll do well to find. That's the truth.

But there are only so many meetings, so much work, and so many words that can replace tangible decisions that place the club on a sustainable path.

I speak only for myself and I'm posting this because you deserve communication, not silence, but I know the sentiments will be echoed by many of you who've supported this club for decades, along with staff, many who are caught up in the cost of living crisis and can ill afford to not be paid for their hard work.

I will discharge my promise to all of you that Southend United Football Club will be sustainable, competitive and discharge its responsibilities in good time.

But we are getting perilously close to the time when lines have to be drawn because good people with good intentions and abilities are being adversely affected. This must change immediately.

Stan.

Just a couple of things before the conspiracy theories start.

I didn't rejoin the club to be anyone's patsy, and everyone at the club knows that from the top down, so Benjamin would do well and so would everyone reading this, remember that I'm here to be a part of a positive change which ends with a club that is known for best practice, transparency, accountability and sustainability. All words I know, but everyone who's come in since 2021 and existing staff are working their tails off to move the club forward.

I tread a fine path between a promise to supporters of positive change from last year, a role within the club to influence change or leaving the club and having no influence to change anything.

I will not walk away from the supporters.

In the near year I've been at the club I've seen first hand the work Tom Lawrence, Football Department have done along with existing staff and it's fair to say that a more honest group of hard working and caring individuals you'll do well to find. That's the truth.

But there are only so many meetings, so much work, and so many words that can replace tangible decisions that place the club on a sustainable path.

I speak only for myself and I'm posting this because you deserve communication, not silence, but I know the sentiments will be echoed by many of you who've supported this club for decades, along with staff, many who are caught up in the cost of living crisis and can ill afford to not be paid for their hard work.

I will discharge my promise to all of you that Southend United Football Club will be sustainable, competitive and discharge itsresponsibilities in good time.

But we are getting perilously close to the time when lines have to be drawn because good people with good intentions and abilities are being adversely affected. This must change immediately.

Stan.
Any chance of some dialogue between yourself and Carl Reader? he had a plan and investment in place to buy the club. Solid guy with good intentions.

Thanks for voicing to us fans Stan.

Happy for him to lay into Ron but I think Ben's being a bit harsh on Tom and Stan there. No doubt they both know how bad Ron is at running a club but their options are to either try and keep us afloat in spite of his poor leadership or to walk away and let Ron sink us even further than we already are. Neither choice would be popular with some fans.

Back