• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Transfer Embargo, Winding Up Petition & Staff Salary Issues

feels like a company I used to work for that was slowly dying. Any money coming in would go to the people shouting loudest until that ran out.

Feels like the youth team got paid today, but would be at the expense of someone else…
They possibly have a little more leverage than others. Failing to fulfil a fixture is taken seriously by the FA.

My sons sat team failed to fulfil a couple of fixtures last season due to covid/injuries - points deduction and a fine each time. In his division most teams suffered a points deduction at some point due to covid making it impossible to field a team.

Bristol Rovers have had historical problems about moving to a new stadium a long time before 2014 (as have we of course).Imagine that's why I saw them playing at Bath City's ground against us back in the 90's (one of Stan's first away games that).

Did you ever tell your pupils to read a question properly before answering. You have been doing this a lot lately.

I also watched them at Eastville in the early 80's.

Would be very poor

We've had a long list of players come through over the years. The overall net cost is negligble with sales;

Kelman, Sayers, Bentley, Bishop, Finley-Burns, Yearwood, Coker are all players we've sold for good reward.

Bwomono, Gard, Phillips, Acquah, Seaden, Smith, Egbri, Kinali, Mitchell-Nelson, Clifford, Rush, Benton, Howard all players that have come through over the past few years

It would be more expensive in terms of the squad if we didn't have a Youth Academy
add Kanr Ferdinand to that list sold to peterborough i believe for a decent fee.

What ****er bought Lopata into this discussion ,if you bringing him into it you may as well bring every player we signed into it and upset the whole team. Gosh we have some morons here at times ,As was stated his was a separate thing entirely, My thinking is the money has most likely gone into the development of the new training pitches etc. I just pray every night for a savior to come to our rescue, because losing SUFC will to me be like losing a member of my family ,god willing that will never happen.
No, not at all. I think it's been widely rumoured that Lopata was not someone being genuinely considered because of cost but that Ron intervened and "facilitated" in a similar way to what he's done with a few others in the past. Make no mistake, Lopata was a "Ron signing".

Did you ever tell your pupils to read a question properly before answering. You have been doing this a lot lately.

I also watched them at Eastville in the early 80's.
Ah the 80's.That's when Vic Jobson took over SUFC (in 1984 appropriately) and our downward spiral began in earnest .He was the guy IIRC (and I do) who told Southend's fed-up fans that if they did not like they way he was running the club "to go and follow one of the Football League's 91 other teams", which a lot of them did and to this day still do.He also tried to move us to Basildon.

Some things with our Chairmen don't change. :Winking:

Last edited:
Ah the 80's.That's when Vic Jobson took over SUFC (in 1984 appropriately) and our downward spiral began in earnest .He was the guy IIRC (and I do) who told Southend's fed-up fans that if they did not like they way he was running the club "to go and follow one of the Football League's 91 other teams", which a lot of them did and to this day still do.He also tried to move us to Basildon.

Some things with our Chairman don't change. :Winking:
Maybe I’m being an utter moron but I read that the club won’t own the new stadium. I.e. the company building it (owned by Ron’s son) will lease it to us. Has that been denied by Ron?

That’s the situation yes. The club still won’t own a thing. We’ve always got to hope we have nice landlords
Cheers for clearing that up. That’s pretty sneaky imo. So the club will be indebted to his family long after he’s gone.

Maybe I’m being an utter moron but I read that the club won’t own the new stadium. I.e. the company building it (owned by Ron’s son) will lease it to us. Has that been denied by Ron?

I'm sure this is common knowledge, we won't own the new stadium but will have to pay rent, and actually pay it.

If we are £2m in the hole per year already and we end up paying the same rent as now that becomes a minimum of £2.4m per year.

With the scaled down commercial element of the redesign, how on earth is that going to generate £2.4m+ profit per year to sustain the club? And we are currently only spending at non league level!

IF we regain our EFL status and costs increase, as they naturally would, what does the deficit become then?

This whole 'move to a new stadium and we become self sufficient' is undetailed hearsay at best.

Last edited:
I'm sure this is common knowledge, we won't own the new stadium but will have to pay rent, and actually pay it.

If we are £2m in the whole per year already and we end up paying the same rent as now that becomes a minimum of £2.4m per year.

With the scaled down comercial element of the redesign, how on earth is that going to generate £2.4m+ profit per year to sustain the club? And we are currently only spending at non league level!

IF we regain our EFL status and costs increase, as they naturally would, what does the deficit become then?

This whole 'move to a new stadium and we become self sufficient' is undetailed hearsay at best.
Yeah, I didn’t want to ask as I thought I was missing something. As people make it out the new stadium is the answer to everything. That’s a pretty rubbish situation when the club doesn’t even own it’s own stadium.

Some things with our Chairman don't change. :Winking:
You are correct. Got barred for expressing our feelings despite attending every game home and away. As for basildon FAA5B76E-5DA2-48D4-AC0C-7BBE90C95961.jpeg

Back