• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

If they can’t move boots & laces until the new training areas are seeded & playable ( march April) depending on winter weather , can’t see much change until the spring

Sadly we are already seeing this happen as no doubt Dackers would have stayed and or a replacement brought in. I think another goalie would also have been brought in with Blondy returning to Stoke.

It’s when it starts affecting the management team’s desire to be here that I dread.
I dont think Kevin will just throw the towel in he is southend through and through .Yes ron need either take up an offer to put cash into Southend or he has to go .If anyone on hear thinks Ron Martin is going to go sadly your wrong .I hate the man as much as all southend supporters but i know he isnt going to budge .

I apologise for sounding patronising........But for you to lose your club would be criminal.....I will chat on here but I will not offer anymore advice as you and the others must be left to deal with RM in the best way that you know.
Good. PHEW. You sound like Ghost of Christmas Future. Trying to stir up demonstrations and publicity, etc.

I dont think Kevin will just throw the towel in he is southend through and through .Yes ron need either take up an offer to put cash into Southend or he has to go .If anyone on hear thinks Ron Martin is going to go sadly your wrong .I hate the man as much as all southend supporters but i know he isnt going to budge .
I agree, Ron will not go yet.
I mean, would you stop buying a lottery ticket if you knew that you was going to win a big prize in the very near future.
Proberly No.

Tom said we're losing £2million a year. That means we could get rid of all the playing staff and still be losing around £500k per year.

going to need a generous new owner or a lightning quick ascent up the leagues
Any breakdown of the losses please?

Any breakdown of the losses please?
Gas, electric, water.

Remember as a business the rates on gas and electric are not capped, so they are higher than we are paying for our costs.

How many times will the toilets be flushed, taps used on match days. I presume they are on timers etc, and that they are on a decent timer that they only work if there is movement within the toilet (PIR sensor)

Also got the costs at Boots and Laces there as well. Wouldn't expect the players not to shower etc just to save water.

Last edited:
I understand the worries but we are sitting here looking in and have no actual financial information (quite rightly - it's nothing to do with us), yet we are acting as judge and jury, assuming scenarios that must be true and projecting worst case scenarios.
Why is it nothing to do with you?

You all have a major financial interest in the club and sustain it with your support. I'd say you were entitled to as much information as it is possible to give.

Why is it nothing to do with you?

You all have a major financial interest in the club and sustain it with your support. I'd say you were entitled to as much information as it is possible to give.
I think he just means the financial ins and outs of a company arent the general publics business.

If i buy a coffee at costa i dont expect a copy of their business plan and financial forecasts with it.

I think he just means the financial ins and outs of a company arent the general publics business.

If i buy a coffee at costa i dont expect a copy of their business plan and financial forecasts with it.
I take your point, but you might expect more if you are bunging in cash to fill in holes in said business plan. And Costa probably publish accounts every year as well.

I actually think this is something of a red herring, worrying as it is. The bigger question is how much longer your club is going to have to suffer this kind of self-centred ownership, that continually subjugates the long term interests of your club to the personal interests of Mr. Martin.

Speaking as an interested outsider who wants to see your club have better times, I don't think it being regarded as a permanent basket case is doing the club any favours at all.

I take your point, but you might expect more if you are bunging in cash to fill in holes in said business plan. And Costa probably publish accounts every year as well.

I actually think this is something of a red herring, worrying as it is. The bigger question is how much longer your club is going to have to suffer this kind of self-centred ownership, that continually subjugates the long term interests of your club to the personal interests of Mr. Martin.

Speaking as an interested outsider who wants to see your club have better times, I don't think it being regarded as a permanent basket case is doing the club any favours at all.
We will suffer it until all the assets are sold. We have a 3 sided stadium in a housing estate that we have to pay rent on and ron martin makes millions.

Thats the stark reality.

And of course you pipe at as usual to dig anyone that dares to criticise your mate who you have never acknowledged is in anyway at fault for the cataclysmic decline of SUFC over the last few years.

A man that has failed to even offer a small thank you to the fans who have donated so much money to pay the staff he employs that he can’t (or chooses not to).

Still easier to call other posters trolls to deflect from the real issue eh!?
I’ll be truly devastated when Col U inevitably tumble through the league trap door this year, getting a hefty whack on the *** as they pass through it. So devastated… because it should have happened bloody years ago!

That may be the case, but given the job he's doing some other club might come in for him where he'll have the budget he needs/wants.

I doubt he'd hang around if the offer was the right one, and he becomes fed up with Ron tying one hand behind his back.

Last edited:
That may be the case, but given the job he's doing some other club might come in for him where he'll have the budget he needs/wants.

I doubt he'd hang around if the offer was the right one, and he becomes fed up with Ron tying one hand behind his back.
Indeed, Barrett was southend through and through but after his 100th shafting by sufc he had to move on and i didnt blame him.

I’ll be truly devastated when Col U inevitably tumble through the league trap door this year, getting a hefty whack on the *** as they pass through it. So devastated… because it should have happened bloody years ago!

Not entirely sure how that is anyway relevant to SUFCs predicament to be honest?

(Perhaps it makes you somehow happier to be childish though?)

What's this got to do with our situation?

Stop the pearl-clutching @nevereatwhitesnow and @Pale Blue Dot. NEWS is a Col U fan who delights in controversy, and I was clearly replying to him. What’s our situation got to do with him, one might ask? PBD you never fail to pipe up and criticise, and I’ll treat it as I usually do (after this reply) and completely ignore it.

Back