• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

There is a real dark cloud hanging over the club atm, not enjoyed following the club lately.

I'm usually quite pessimistic ... but I'm generally not too far off

If the protest moratorium doesn't end now then I don't know when it will.

I'm very close to walking away from this toxic **** mess for good and never looking back.

****ing joke club we are, all the fans, players and staff are being taken for total mugs.

Roll on the phoenix club if nobody wants to do something about Ron in the meantime. No more loaning money, no more fan fundraisers, his position is untenable.

RM out or bust.

13 home games league between now and the end of the season which has somehow got to generate sufficient match day income to pay for players, backroom staff, non-playing staff, bills and utilities, HMRC obligations.

You would think that any sponsors will have paid for this year already or we may be lucky and have a monthly income from there a pay over the season agreement might be in place whereby sponsors can spreads the cost of the payment over the playing season rather than pay it all up front at once.

Going to need to shift a fair few burgers etc to even try to generate the sales required. Bumper crowd on Boxing Day might help to alleviate the coffers, but they won't exactly be creaking with the amount of money stashed within them.

13 home games league between now and the end of the season which has somehow got to generate sufficient match day income to pay for players, backroom staff, non-playing staff, bills and utilities, HMRC obligations.

You would think that any sponsors will have paid for this year already or we may be lucky and have a monthly income from there a pay over the season agreement might be in place whereby sponsors can spreads the cost of the payment over the playing season rather than pay it all up front at once.

Going to need to shift a fair few burgers etc to even try to generate the sales required. Bumper crowd on Boxing Day might help to alleviate the coffers, but they won't exactly be creaking with the amount of money stashed within them.
But the income from the game receipts is a pittance to how much we need each month. Of course it helps, but most of it is season ticket money that has already been received and probably spent.

lets hope tickets sales are good for the FA Trophy then. Ive seen people saying they wont go, tin pot trophy etc. For me its another first team game that needs our support. Staying home wont help the financials. Its like the youth cup games. Great to have them at home but we had 181 in attendance at the last game. Its costing the club more money to put the games on than they are getting through the gate. I get peoples frustrations but staying away isnt going to help. I went on line to book 5 tickets last night and hardly any had been sold. Its still a first team fixture and a chance to get to Wembley etc

But the income from the game receipts is a pittance to how much we need each month. Of course it helps, but most of it is season ticket money that has already been received and probably spent.
Season ticket money is money in advance which helps the club through the non-playing season but its the walk ins and ad-hoc ticket purchases that helps the club make the money. If there was 3,000 adult season tickets all purchasing at the full amount then the most we would have from season tickets is £885,000. However, how many are concessions at £185 and then there is the Young person (17-22) and Junior (9-16) at £110 and £65 each for the season. The true amount made from season tickets i would imagine is closer to £500k

I paid £295 for my season ticket to watch 23 games of football. Thats £12.83 for each game. Someone turning up on the day will pay £20 upwards assuming adult ticket?

I'm under no illusions that my paltry contribution of a season ticket doesn't pay any of the first team or reserve teams weekly wage. This is why i try and top up my contribution with the purchase of food from the club kiosks, a beer or two before the game as well. Only an extra £5-£10 or so but it feels like i've made more of a contribution then as well.

FL does though. And you would imagine that if Ron doesn’t sort this out, Lopata, Kensdale, Hobson, Miley etc. will be jumping at the chance to join one of their many admirers in January.
Problem is, if players aren't being paid can they just leave on a free due to breach of contract?

This is not unexpected, I've actually been waiting for it but none the less, it's literally gutting. Just to the point where I'm not even angry, I'm just sad.

Problem is, if players aren't being paid can they just leave on a free due to breach of contract?
I beleve the first team players are getting payed .It is the youth team and back room staff that is not .And before you jump on your high horses .No i dont think thats right either .

Back