• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News Support The Team Not The Regime! New update 24/11

1 home game this month and ron has stop putting money in. Pretty obvious this was going to happen. Wonder what stan opinion of this continues off field mess.

SOUTHEND United players and staff are still waiting to be paid their November pay packets, Echosport understands.

The wages were due to be received on Wednesday but have yet to be handed over.
And, although wishing to remain quite guarded on the situation, Blues boss Kevin Maher will be doing all he can to ensure his side do not lose focus for Saturday’s match with Altrincham.

“It's difficult,” said Maher.

“We want to focus on the football and control what we can control.

“The players trained ever so well today and we will be focused for Saturday.”
Maher is also still unable to add to his Shrimpers squad due to a transfer embargo caused by a winding up petition issued by HMRC.

But the Blues boss is concentrating on matters within his remit.
“The things I can control are within the training ground,” said Maher.

“We’ve got to focus on what we can do and focus on the football, that’s what we do and this is a good environment for the players to work in.
They’re brilliant in terms of how they are every day and their application in training and wanting to improve."

“That’s our focus and come Saturday it's about putting the performance in and shutting everything else out.

I beleve the first team players are getting payed .It is the youth team and back room staff that is not .And before you jump on your high horses .No i dont think thats right either .
Had a deeper dive into it. And if they haven't been paid there is an argument for termination of contract via just cause.

It rarely happens, but if as a player you know other clubs are sniffing around anyway and want to sign you, you could in theory terminate your contract and sign for them tomorrow. In theory. And there is probably an argument to be had around just cause, though i suspect non payment of wage is enough just cause. This is what makes it concerning.

And who is going to stup up the money for this mass exodus .Just rember all these players are under contract .So one moneys have to change hands and two the club can ask what they want for these players you say will be leaving .
The contracts were broken, once he's stopped paying them

I am so so sick and tired of this mess and its all due to one mans incompetence. Its utterly shocking. I honestly do not know how one person can have the conscience to do what he has/is doing.

''I love the club you f$%king idiot'' ... if he did, if he really did, he'd do the right thing and move aside, even if his debts to the club wasn't paid.

I am not sure when this supposed bridging loan was due to come in, 2 weeks wasn't it when it was first mentioned a month or so ago? Surely by now it would of been sorted one way or the other so people can get paid.

Sounds like the normal waffle and bollocks from RM whilst he treats everybody like mushrooms.

I am not sure when this supposed bridging loan was due to come in, 2 weeks wasn't it when it was first mentioned a month or so ago? Surely by now it would of been sorted one way or the other so people can get paid.

Sounds like the normal waffle and bollocks from RM whilst he treats everybody like mushrooms.
It was mentioned two months ago. It was already in place but just needed agreeing. Load of bollocks as usual

Financials just go straight in rons pocket. He doesn’t care about his staff
Sound just like a fomer chairman But you say all the finaces goes straight into rons pocket .Have you got knolage into his banking details then . unless you know that for a fact .Maybe you should only state what you know .I cant stand Ron like the rest of the fans .But unless you know Ron is doing what you have said and its not proven then you are not helping the issue .

FL does though. And you would imagine that if Ron doesn’t sort this out, Lopata, Kensdale, Hobson, Miley etc. will be jumping at the chance to join one of their many admirers in January.

I'd have thought many players would be jumping at the certainty of league football, and a probable higher wage packet. regardless of the financial position of their current club. I agree it probably nudges the dial slightly higher, but it's already high.

Just what was needed to be put out in the news, 2 days before a game we need to win, hopefully gets sorted by tomorrow or I feel another defeat coming and fear this could really start to take a turn for the worse, which is a shame as it was all going so well, but this is Ron Martin and Southend and things don't seem to last long until more doom and gloom, not entirely sure if the last 2 defeats were down to this but this obviously and certainly will not help if morale is already lower than previous

God, imagine telling your partner/kids/wider family and friends that you/they are upping sticks and relocating to another part of the country, taking a huge leap of faith (largely due to how well respected our coaching and scouting staff are I'd wager), only for the chairman to stop paying them just before Christmas. On top of the non-payment of the non-playing staff, this is just outrageous, like death by a thousand papercuts.

I know Martin's close to his dream, but equally how close are we to ceasing to exist?

Had a deeper dive into it. And if they haven't been paid there is an argument for termination of contract via just cause.

It rarely happens, but if as a player you know other clubs are sniffing around anyway and want to sign you, you could in theory terminate your contract and sign for them tomorrow. In theory. And there is probably an argument to be had around just cause, though i suspect non payment of wage is enough just cause. This is what makes it concerning.

I don't think they can terminate literally tomorrow.

There would normally be a grace period and then the player would need to raise a greviance etc. Probably by end of the month they could terminate contracts

Now paid.

But….. for monies that were supposedly ringfenced this is hugely worrying and needs answering.

Back