• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Post-Match Thread and Ratings Southend United 2-2 Altrincham

I imagine the floodlights would have been the better option to turn off if they want to save electricity
Apparently the referee insisted they were on. I can only assume he has bad night vision, as well as being a pretty damned poor ref. Was it about the 80th minute that we got our first free kick😢

Apparently the referee insisted they were on. I can only assume he has bad night vision, as well as being a pretty damned poor ref. Was it about the 80th minute that we got our first free kick😢
Can't blame the ref for us being ****e

Reactions: ESG
Who would you have brought on mate? We had 3 defenders on the bench plus a youth player and Cosgrave. We’re a bit screwed with injuries at the minute.
Very true must be very difficult for Kevin to make changes his hands are tied with this embargo and not able to bring anyone in ( thank you Ron martin)

Garbage today.

Blondy 2
I would rather play a youth team player. Kicking woeful and at fault for the goal.

Hobson 5
Tried but not one of his better days.

Łopata 5
See Hobson

Ralph 4
Doesn't look fit.

GSM 5
See Hobson

Bridge 6
Tried his best

Taylor 3
Anonymous

Miley 5
See Hobson

Fonguck 4
Still not sure what type of midfielder he is

Wreh 5
Other than the tap in, doesn't look ready for football at this level.

Mooney 3
Sad about the injury but other than a lot of running, offered nothing. Still yet to see him have a good game. Got to think he was injured /unfit going into the game

Crying out for substitutions that never came.

Appreciate the financial and injury issues within the squad at present, but those in the team have the opportunity to be professional footballers and with 3 or 4, I don't see the desire.

Would love a plan b as well. Unless he's injured, feels a bit unfair to kensdale to be benched for Ralph.

As I've said a lot recently, football is an entertainment business. I don't feel that happens nearly enough. After 35 years watching, I don't expect a win every week, but I do expect fundamentals (even at this level), effort and a will to perform.

Southend have been hard to watch in recent years, and despite some improvements, there's an air of last season creeping in for me and it makes me sad.

Garbage today.

Blondy 2
I would rather play a youth team player. Kicking woeful and at fault for the goal.

Hobson 5
Tried but not one of his better days.

Łopata 5
See Hobson

Ralph 4
Doesn't look fit.

GSM 5
See Hobson

Bridge 6
Tried his best

Taylor 3
Anonymous

Miley 5
See Hobson

Fonguck 4
Still not sure what type of midfielder he is

Wreh 5
Other than the tap in, doesn't look ready for football at this level.

Mooney 3
Sad about the injury but other than a lot of running, offered nothing. Still yet to see him have a good game. Got to think he was injured /unfit going into the game

Crying out for substitutions that never came.

Appreciate the financial and injury issues within the squad at present, but those in the team have the opportunity to be professional footballers and with 3 or 4, I don't see the desire.

Would love a plan b as well. Unless he's injured, feels a bit unfair to kensdale to be benched for Ralph.

As I've said a lot recently, football is an entertainment business. I don't feel that happens nearly enough. After 35 years watching, I don't expect a win every week, but I do expect fundamentals (even at this level), effort and a will to perform.

Southend have been hard to watch in recent years, and despite some improvements, there's an air of last season creeping in for me and it makes me sad.
Think Kensdale has been left out due to him showing off having been subbed at Aldershot....seemed to be throwing a tantrum from the time he was benched till the end of game!

Think Kensdale has been left out due to him showing off having been subbed at Aldershot....seemed to be throwing a tantrum from the time he was benched till the end of game!

Ah I didn't know that. Thanks.

That was dreadfull. How do Mooney and Ralph get anywhere near a team who have been doing fantastic is just wrong. Not many games left until we fold and yet little bother from our fans, trust maybe hand WRongun Martin more funds, wow.

Genuine question, is Wreh any better than Acquah?

Acquah was given a very tough job to do and wasn't ready for it, I'd class Wreh as being in the same position just a league down.

The same thing being, we had no other forwards fit and no chance of bringing any in due to an embargo

Acquah was given a very tough job to do and wasn't ready for it, I'd class Wreh as being in the same position just a league down.

The same thing being, we had no other forwards fit and no chance of bringing any in due to an embargo

This.

I’m waiting for Shrimpet Steve to have a meltdown over this! But in all seriousness yes, Wreh’s better. He’s inconsistent and raw, but also has some talent and can look a handful. Acquah had neither of those positive qualities IMO. I must admit I wasn’t at the match today due to work, so I’m judging Wreh on previous performances.

Another poor day at the office. Although first half we did ok and probably deserved the lead we could have had and should have had more than two. Fonguck in particular had two or three shots that were like back passes and Wreh unlucky to hit the post. Second half we started well and on the front foot until that moment of complete comedy. For me Lopata was more to blame, blondy had a chance to clear it but had no option as lopata got in his way. I’ve seem blondy getting shed loads but actually he made some decent saves.

the first goal, yes Mooney lost it but we had 6 blue shirts i think in the box that basically stood like statues as Alty had shooting practice.

positives- bridge, Gus and Wreh who worked hard all game
negatives- back three dreadful, Fonguck worked hard but my Nan has a better shot than him and she has been dead for 10 years. Miley had an off day and although I like Taylor I’m not sure what he offers in a three. Mooney again worked hard but nothing is coming off for him at the moment

injuries are killing us, all we have up top now is Wreh and Cosgrave and Mooney looks like he will be out for a while, Noor was warming up but then went down the tunnel limping again. worst still we can’t recruit due to embargo

atmosphere strange all game. Little noise from the blue voice but whole atmosphere felt flat especially compared to the Notts game.

hsve a bad feeling about the next month or so. Around 900 plus going next week to boring wood but based on the last three games hard to see us getting anything. When we beat Barnet we were flying and their only defeat in god knows how many games. They won again today and now two points ahead of us and all those around us one or two games in hand

our first game back at RH since my dad died, really Wanted us to win for him. Left disappointed

Last edited:

Well they’ve both got 4 goals this season in the NL.

One last thing, what happened in the West stand today, saw three young lads maybe 13 being held outside NE corner after the game. Also saw another large group of young lads hanging around the same area. A bit concerned with our fan base at the moment. Know my son who sits in W block said there have been some right dickheads in there this season, not lads that he has seen before.

Back