• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The current state of Roots Hall

Could you imagine they had to close the East Stand, that would be catastrophic! I don’t know how we could continue.

Could you imagine they had to close the East Stand, that would be catastrophic! I don’t know how we could continue.
The more I hear about this kinda stuff the more I worry about how close we are to the end?

Someone from the club needs to give an update on the short to mid term financial picture.

The East Stand is, of course, largely timber which is why it has to have such frequent checks. The hospitality side of things is in better condition, and the toilets that I've seen in far better nick than in other stands, so it always surprised me when I hear people moan about the toilets in the East!

I must admit, I thought these safety check visits were done at the start of the season so was surprised to hear they are due about now.

The East Stand is, of course, largely timber which is why it has to have such frequent checks. The hospitality side of things is in better condition, and the toilets that I've seen in far better nick than in other stands, so it always surprised me when I hear people moan about the toilets in the East!

I must admit, I thought these safety check visits were done at the start of the season so was surprised to hear they are due about now.
Maybe they are required as H&S know how poor it is and have ordered interim inspections?

I met with Tom Lawrence two months ago at the tour of training ground. When the tour finished I asked him if he could get the hand drier in the ladies toilets at roots hall in the East Stand D/E next to burger bar fixed. We are encouraged to wash hands because of infection. The drier has not worked since last season and because it doesn’t work we have to dry our hands on toilet paper and then that runs out. Still waiting for it to be fixed Tom.

I do understand the reluctance to spend money with the start of the new ground so close to starting. But basics like hot running water in toilets and general hygiene around the ground shouldn’t be skimped on.
I cannot see the new stadium being built for at least 3 seasons. So unless RM decides to spend a few pennies on our existing ground to at least bring it up to a semblance of hygiene and basic facilities we are all in for a real treat.

Think we could be ground sharing sooner than anybody thinks, If all thats being said here is fact , reckon we could be ground sharing way before FF is built

I expect next season will be the last time we be at Root Hall. The club had an straight choice, pay thousands to tidy Root Hall up or to pay staffs wages, if they pay to clean up Root Hall, instead of paying staffs wages, they get sticks from all of us. If they pay staffs wages instead of Root Hall, they get stick from all of us, we cannot win at all.
Next season are last at roots hall really please tell us more not one piece of earth he been moved so far regarding the new stadium, so with the club ignoring small basis repairs at roots hall I think is pretty disgusting. Especially when i comes to running hot water and drying your hands

I cannot see the new stadium being built for at least 3 seasons. So unless RM decides to spend a few pennies on our existing ground to at least bring it up to a semblance of hygiene and basic facilities we are all in for a real treat.
I’m in totally agreement with you, we cannot go on with these current facilities, even through COVID there was no hot water in the taps in the South East toilets. And still isn’t to this day.

I don’t see where the money is going to come from to do these repairs/maintenance work when we can’t even pay wages on time. HMRC still haven’t been paid and he’s borrowed from everyone and I doubt there is anyone left to borrow from.

Maybe now is the time to stop being a stubborn old **** and accept some help. Don’t give up full control as I know he wants his nest egg, but give up part for the sake of the club otherwise you risk losing your nest egg completely!

I sit in East Yellow stand and one of the men's toilets in this stand has not had a working flush for the last two seasons. Not only a simple repair but also an unpleasant experience to use and a health hazard. Surely when the toilets are cleaned (if they ever are) this would be noted and fixed.

Maybe you could please add this as a point of discussion at your next liaison meeting.

I sit in East Yellow stand and one of the men's toilets in this stand has not had a working flush for the last two seasons. Not only a simple repair but also an unpleasant experience to use and a health hazard. Surely when the toilets are cleaned (if they ever are) this would be noted and fixed.

Maybe you could please add this as a point of discussion at your next liaison meeting.
Yes, of course. Can you provide me with exact location details as I've obviously never been in these toilets?

I can say they are cleaned, when we were setting up our recent JB Meet the Players Day, there were cleaners in cleaning the loos.

Only found out the other day that the East stand toilets were probably smashed up by a couple of grown men who weren't Southend fans. They had caused problems in the bar and seats etc.

Just what the club needs.

I love RH and am absolutely heartbroken the way it has been left to rot over the years and there is only one person to blame here.
As Kay (OBL) has said the ladies toilets yesterday were shocking and the floor so at and slippery in fact they were so damp even the toilet paper was damp and that is already on top of the toilets not flushing.

The steps leading down to my seat in the West are crumbling and you have to be careful when walking along the front as it is so slippery.
There are now holes appearing in the roof which is a worry given the age of the roof

I sat in the East stand earlier in the week and that is not much better either.

Think we could be ground sharing sooner than anybody thinks, If all thats being said here is fact , reckon we could be ground sharing way before FF is built

There is a modern league standard stadium not far from where I live we could use, however not sure we could afford the rent...

Interesting.
The only possibility is Orient or Dagenham, maybe? Imagine that!
Do the non-leaguers closest to us: Canvey; Chelmsford conform to NL requirements?

I'm not sure there is any legal requirement to have hot water in toilet facilities - cold running water is all that is required

Back