• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
A few Covid things.

My mate who was hospitalised in the summer with it is back in hospital again, not sure if it is related to covid but he has never got back to 100% since then. He is in respiratory ward. Under fifty, no smoker, 80k, manual worker so it is tough to understand.

Lots of it about, maybe seasonal mixing is sharing in many unintentional ways.

China now in complete mess but opening up travel. A few days behind the curve but at last UK is insisting on mandatory testing and quarantine of positive arrives from there.

Am I the only one thinking China is not sharing all it knows or playing with a straight bat?

Something dosn't seem right as per normal with China, maybe they've managed to produce a new strain for us to enjoy.

Last edited:
any new virus will spread all over the world, you cant stop it people move.. if you stop them then its will turn up a few years later, its not like the north and South Americans enjoyed the diseases the Europeans rocked up with.

any new virus will spread all over the world, you cant stop it people move.. if you stop them then its will turn up a few years later, its not like the north and South Americans enjoyed the diseases the Europeans rocked up with.
The annual flu jabs in the UK are, largely, updated using science based on the season flu that Australia had during it's flu winter season."

The UK Guv, and US of A do not believe China is being open and sharing its stats and any new variant intelligence; so a new vaccine development is being hampered by that, AND as a consequence dangers are magnified.

Yes, it will spread, but slower, if restrictions are in place, and that time may be crucial in saving vulnerable lives and keeping the NHS afloat.

I can't be the only person who sees a touch of irony in the WHO criticising China for poor case and death reporting.

They were complicit in a cover-up with China in late 2019 to early 2020, which arguably contributed to the widespread pandemic in the first place... it was not spreading person-to-person until late Feb/early March according to the 'experts'.

Last edited:
Covid and flu are rife at Southend City University and Teaching Hospital .

And there is a growing, as yet unreported or widely acknowledged concern that the effects of long covid and/or the vaccines may be causing a spike in strokes and a decrease in immune mune responses to other viral or bacterial infections.

Here we go again... The situation in China is just further proof, if it were needed, that lockdowns, masks etc. don't work.

On the contrary - doesn't it prove that regular testing and lockdowns kept the virus under check for 2 years? Only now that they've removed restrictions has their health system come under stress. Ultimately it wasn't sustainable and unfortunately they didn't develop a reliable vaccine

Covid and flu are rife at Southend City University and Teaching Hospital .

And there is a growing, as yet unreported or widely acknowledged concern that the effects of long covid and/or the vaccines may be causing a spike in strokes and a decrease in immune mune responses to other viral or bacterial infections.
And/or vaccines. You crazy conspiracy theorist how dare you. Those vaccines are perfect and nobody must question them. Probably not even a dr so you should be quiet.

And/or vaccines. You crazy conspiracy theorist how dare you. Those vaccines are perfect and nobody must question them. Probably not even a dr so you should be quiet.
Nothing in life is perfect but the vaccines did a damn sight better for folk better than having no vaccines at all!! Are you a dr or medical expert Kat? Just asking like….

50,000 excess deaths in 2022, one of the worst years on record. We were bombarded by the media with daily COVID death tolls during lockdown - the vast majority of them elderly people with existing conditions - and yet these thousands of avoidable deaths has barely caused a ripple. Just a tiny percentage of those excess deaths were from/with COVID last year. Huge increase in heart-related deaths...

The cure was worse than the disease.

How long have you been a keyboard comedian?
I think that's your job. There's nothing funny about all of these fit young people dropping dead from heart problems. You are far better off unvaccinated. I took the vax (no boosters) as I had to in order to keep my job and I'm mad as hell about it.

Eh???? Well, would appear you encountered no negative or life threatening affects from the vaccine since you‘re still amongst the living…..how do you account for that then?

Back