• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
Lot of it around at the moment as I too have had myself.
Started with a sore throat and then generally congested. This then developed into a cough
Got myself checked out at work and it is a seasonal cold however, it has now developed into a chest infection so have antibiotics.

We all seem to forget that it is the season for coughs, cold and sneezes and everyone now associates a cold with COVID
If I'm anywhere near a vaper this afternoon I'm going to snot and sneeze all over them, yuk!

1668253801919.png

Haha remind me to sit behind you and not in front of you then (although I don’t do vaping)
The bloke that sits in front of me is around 6'2" and is a 'wriggler' so maybe the top of his bonce will be a good snot shot, that'll teach him to keep still. I'm feeling pretty generous today, so maybe the bloke next to him as well. Woo hoo.

Developed a rasping sore throat and a headache last night, so as a precaution I took a RFT with returned a negative result. Throat was a total arse all night and the headache was still with me this morning and sneezing and a runny nose. So took another RFT this morning and the result was again negative. Turns out I have a common or garden cold!! I didn't think anyone caught colds any more.
I have now generously donated my cold to Mrs RHB. She is very grateful.

Developed a rasping sore throat and a headache last night, so as a precaution I took a RFT with returned a negative result. Throat was a total arse all night and the headache was still with me this morning and sneezing and a runny nose. So took another RFT this morning and the result was again negative. Turns out I have a common or garden cold!! I didn't think anyone caught colds any more.
If anyone has the misfortune to have encountered this cold virus then you have my deepest sympathy. We are still caught in the full effects of it with headaches, shivering, sneezing, coughing and aching joints. Maybe it's an age thing, but i don't remember past colds being as obnoxious as this.

I qualify for my 4th jab which I’m having this Friday. I don’t know whether I should be pleased or disappointed that age threshold has kicked in 😀
Once I've despatched my snotty cold I'm due a 5th jab, so be grateful @* ORM * that you haven't reached the next stage yet!

If anyone has the misfortune to have encountered this cold virus then you have my deepest sympathy. We are still caught in the full effects of it with headaches, shivering, sneezing, coughing and aching joints. Maybe it's an age thing, but i don't remember past colds being as obnoxious as this.
Lots of it about and I am just getting over mine which has now been almost two weeks and having a course of antibiotics
I think it is some sunshine I need to help it

People's immunity to other viruses has also been weakened by lockdowns, masks and other COVID restrictions. That's why 'zero COVID' Australia, for example, has just experienced a very bad flu season.

Haven't you ant-vaxxers got anything better to do than clog up this thread with your paranoid propagana?

PS Off for our annual flu jabs tomorrow.
Paranoid propaganda? There's been a lot of that over the last couple of years but I was merely stating facts.

Haven't you lot got anything better to do than tell us about your latest jab? No one cared about your vaccination history before COVID.

Back