• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
apologies guys - been a busy work day today.
Anyone over 50 can now book for a booster and any site - GP/Walk-in and quite a few chemists are also doing.
The walk in Centre at Southend (Civic Centre) is operating as a "walk-in" but I have been told by someone working there it is first come first served

Wife brought the gift of Covid home last Friday, by Monday the in-laws joined her and Tuesday it was my turn.

None of us had it before.

• Wife: Lost sense of smell, runny nose, cough
  • MIL: Asymptomatic
  • FIL: Cough, aches
  • Me: Aches, tired, bit of a cough, periods of bunging up
It's now Friday and symptoms are that of being a bit run down, nothing more. Felt pretty much exactly the same with the aches and tiredness as the first time I had the jab.

All in all, I won't be queuing up to have it again, it could have been worse and I'm glad the vaccines have held up in knowing what to do to put up a fight. I have asthma and was a bit worried, but this has been ok.

I have contracted covid from unknown. Felt rundown and listless on Friday, aches and sore throat with hacking cough on Saturday. No taste or smell sense on Sunday, loss of appetite, sneezing fits, hot and clammy. Very unpleasant. Today slightly better.
Mrs MG so far is okay.
No match tomorrow for me, but hopefully okay for Dorking.
I would rank the discomfort as top notch man flu.
And I am 4x jabbed.

I have contracted covid from unknown. Felt rundown and listless on Friday, aches and sore throat with hacking cough on Saturday. No taste or smell sense on Sunday, loss of appetite, sneezing fits, hot and clammy. Very unpleasant. Today slightly better.
Mrs MG so far is okay.
And I am 4x jabbed.
Bummer. Watch it on BT Sport? Get well soon by the way.

Mrs MG so far is okay.
And I am 4x jabbed.
Oh no - coming across lots of it atm and also lots of people with coughs, colds and sneezes (just the time of year) with myself included. I have to test daily and mine is definitely a "cold". Trouble is these days we dont do colds anymore as everything is COVID.

Wish you better and take plenty of fluids and the Paracetamol
At least the game is on the telly tomorrow X

@Tinks, the test went positive very quickly, no messing about or doubt. I had hoped it was a seasonal cold to start with but the loss of taste was a big sign.
We have BT so will watch it but concentrating isn't strong atm.
And my in laws would have came and watched but now not a good idea.

I had a few carecar volunteer trips this week which I have had to pull out of. The one for today I phoned yesterday as soon as I had a positive result, so he had as much warning time as possible. Fair to say he was a bit miffed, and IMO wrongly, self centered, at the end of the short phone call I was pleased I hadn't spent a few hours of my time doing him a voluntary, payless service.

Mrs MG so far is okay.
And I am 4x jabbed.
Hope you recover asap. Makes you wonder what your symptoms would have been, had you not had any jabs??.

Lot better today but still head cold stuff and no taste..........it has been said before!

A positive is the weight loss.

A negative is a stupid amount of finger tapping on the web , especially here.

Hoping for a neg test tomorrow.
Hope you test negative tomorrow - just a word of warning, although I felt much better I tested positive for 10 days.

Lot better today but still head cold stuff and no taste..........it has been said before!

Glad you're feeling ok but take it easy as some people suffer from the "effects" of having COVID.
I have had a cough and cold and if I had taken a pound for every person that had said to me "oh you sure it is not COVID"i reckon I could have had enough for another holiday by now

I tested positive on the wednesday after the scunthorpe game!
I don't think it was at the game but could have been (more likely i was at the cliffs pavillion on the thursday before). My symptons identical to yours as i lost my taste/appetite but only bad for a day!
Thought by the weekend I'd be negative! how wrong was I! felt fine and tested the sunday to go back to work the next day. As i done the test to my annoyance the bottom line flashed up immediately before the top one.
Hope your result is better! (Finally negative on the tuesday so 6 days).

Had it 3 times in total, first two times extremely unwell and third time in July this year was fortunately, mild symptoms for a couple of days only.

Had all 4 jabs so hopefully any potential further positives will be a lesser effect as with the last.

On a sour note, I now have long term damage so had to give up playing football, jujitsu competitions look over and currently not playing tennis or teaching adults on the mat. Just teaching juniors with help. Life has changed massively at 49, when I expected better health and associated choices.

Lots of pros and cons with the jabs, and far from me to tell others what to do, but personally, glad I had the jabs as (1) I'm sure my health would be far worse now having had it 3 times, and (2) my brother never had the opportunity to have any before it took away his life.

Whether you do or do not decide to have them, best of health to you all and make the most of the things you enjoy whilst you can.

Had it 3 times in total, first two times extremely unwell and third time in July this year was fortunately, mild symptoms for a couple of days only.

Had all 4 jabs so hopefully any potential further positives will be a lesser effect as with the last.

On a sour note, I now have long term damage so had to give up playing football, jujitsu competitions look over and currently not playing tennis or teaching adults on the mat. Just teaching juniors with help. Life has changed massively at 49, when I expected better health and associated choices.

Lots of pros and cons with the jabs, and far from me to tell others what to do, but personally, glad I had the jabs as (1) I'm sure my health would be far worse now having had it 3 times, and (2) my brother never had the opportunity to have any before it took away his life.

Whether you do or do not decide to have them, best of health to you all and make the most of the things you enjoy whilst you can.
Sorry to hear that. COVID continues to be a big issue and the health and wellbeing issues associated with it are significant.

Developed a rasping sore throat and a headache last night, so as a precaution I took a RFT with returned a negative result. Throat was a total arse all night and the headache was still with me this morning and sneezing and a runny nose. So took another RFT this morning and the result was again negative. Turns out I have a common or garden cold!! I didn't think anyone caught colds any more.

Developed a rasping sore throat and a headache last night, so as a precaution I took a RFT with returned a negative result. Throat was a total arse all night and the headache was still with me this morning and sneezing and a runny nose. So took another RFT this morning and the result was again negative. Turns out I have a common or garden cold!! I didn't think anyone caught colds any more.
Lot of it around at the moment as I too have had myself.
Started with a sore throat and then generally congested. This then developed into a cough
Got myself checked out at work and it is a seasonal cold however, it has now developed into a chest infection so have antibiotics.

We all seem to forget that it is the season for coughs, cold and sneezes and everyone now associates a cold with COVID

Back