• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The inevitable impact of Covid19

Rona virus impact poll

• Not had the Rona

Votes: 16 28.6%
  • Had it and it was flu , more or less.

Votes: 29 51.8%
  • Had it, still not 100% or it took a lot out of me.

Votes: 11 19.6%

• Total voters
So then why were we repeatedly told by people in government and the media that getting vaccinated would protect those around us? Why did Joe Biden tell Americans last year that "You’re not going to get COVID if you have these vaccinations"? Fauci, Gates, they all said it, when they knew it wasn't true - or at least didn't have the proof to back it up.
Liz Truss the other week had to have it explained to her that the £2500 energy cap doesn't mean households can't pay more than £2500 on their bills, and it's her policy. If the scientists are saying it then it's bad, if a politician says it then it's probably because they don't understand what they're talking about.

I tested positive for a week. Once i tested negative I still felt rough. Even now, I'm still using a nasal spray as I'm bunged up a lot, have a cough and still short of breath/energy at times
Phil, speak with your doctor as you may be eligible for a referral over to the Long COVID Clinic

Headache, arm ache, arse ache. Let's hope you get none of those, but paracetamol works wonders if needed.

Headache, arm ache, arse ache. Let's hope you get none of those, but paracetamol works wonders if needed.
So far none of the above (apart from arse ache, that's a given) Seems a bit strange considering most of the feedback on here. Not that I'm complaining.

Reactions: RHB
Anyone on here used the drop in covid jab centre at the civic centre? Are appointments the only way or can walk ups get jabbed?

Thanks @Tinks,.
I was told some " funny" stories by a helper down there.
Man walked in just before Christmas, stated he was anti vac, but would get it done as he was going clubbing that night and needed proof of jab to get admitted, he didn't have a scooby about the vaccine but was self declared anti!
And a woman walked in for jab, and booster, at same time as she had holiday for following week in USA booked and needed proof of jabs, another anti, she was most put out when told the impossibility of that happening!
No cure for stupid yet.

I've heard nothing about my booster @Tinks Is this something we have to book ourselves without being prompted by the usual text eg?

Thanks @Tinks,.
I was told some " funny" stories by a helper down there.
Man walked in just before Christmas, stated he was anti vac, but would get it done as he was going clubbing that night and needed proof of jab to get admitted, he didn't have a scooby about the vaccine but was self declared anti!
And a woman walked in for jab, and booster, at same time as she had holiday for following week in USA booked and needed proof of jabs, another anti, she was most put out when told the impossibility of that happening!
No cure for stupid yet.
I have had a few of these - especially with the younger ones who only had the vaccine so they could go on holiday

Back