• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Would you delay renewing next season?

Are you delaying renewal of your season card for the 2023/2024 season?

• Total voters
Well from the outcome of this poll is this not an action that the trust should be taking away and going public with to gain more bargaining capital?

I’m not sure reminding people they haven’t won is good news.

That’s an interesting spin you’ve put on it, and of course completely at odds with almost every prize draw that happens around the globe.

But well done on finding the most inconsequential task in the whole of the football club to complain about.

Meh, club/fan relations obviously means more to me I guess.

That’s an interesting spin you’ve put on it, and of course completely at odds with almost every prize draw that happens around the globe.
My credit card company and my mobile phone provider, both household names, run occasional competitions. They don’t seem to publish the winners. You can email (for 28 days after the draw closes only) to get the name and county of winners who allow disclosure.

My credit card company and my mobile phone provider, both household names, run occasional competitions. They don’t seem to publish the winners. You can email (for 28 days after the draw closes only) to get the name and county of winners who allow disclosure.

The difference being that you’re already contracted with those providers, and didn’t sign up specifically for the prize draw?

This prize draw was devised as an incentive for fans to pay in cash instead of card, at a time where the club were grovelling for our money. A Tweet or post on the OS would have taken all of 2-3 minutes to compose and at a cost of zero. Either they didn’t deem it important enough to mention, or didn’t care. Either way, It’s an oversight IMO.

In the grand scheme of things, it’s trivial. I know that. Unfortunately, these trivial micro aggressions, start adding up… and at this stage we could probably write a tome of current trivial oversights from the club.

I will be renewing my season ticket, mainly because if I stop going to games I feel like Ron has won and it stops me doing a hobby I enjoy! I know we may not have that hobby at all if Ron carries on the way he is, but whilst it is here, I will continue to enjoy it!

Will renew aslong as the price increase isn’t too much and only on a credit card, didn’t this year and wouldn’t ever pay in cash.

A call to unite and show some fan power from the supporters groups. :Clap:

I'm with them all the way.

I see no issue with holding off on renewing a season card for at least a few weeks or until Ron engages and gives clarity on key questions.

I get the "but I don't want to lose my seat" or "but I want to watch my team" etc, but that's literally not what's being asked of you here.

Hold off on paying and see what happens...It's time to show some fan power. The more of us that hold firm, the stronger our hand. If the club (Ron) wishes to play who blinks first, then let's oblige...

Let's give it a go, hold on to your money for now, there's nothing to lose and that includes your seat.

Setting aside the lack of consultation for a minute - this is another example of robbing Peter to pay Paul, isn't it?

He needs money quickly to start paying off that loan, and rinsing you lot as early in the year as he can is a good way of getting at least some of it.
I think this time he’s more concerned with rushing out the early bird thing before this really gains momentum, he was too late

A call to unite and show some fan power from the supporters groups. :Clap:

I'm with them all the way.

I see no issue with holding off on renewing a season card for at least a few weeks or until Ron engages and gives clarity on key questions.

I get the "but I don't want to lose my seat" or "but I want to watch my team" etc, but that's literally not what's being asked of you here.

Hold off on paying and see what happens...It's time to show some fan power. The more of us that hold firm, the stronger our hand. If the club (Ron) wishes to play who blinks first, then let's oblige...

Let's give it a go, hold on to your money for now, there's nothing to lose and that includes your seat.
Well said Smiffy. Sadly not everyone gets the bigger picture ...... nothing changes if nothing changes.

Back