• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Barnet (H) 26 December (Boxing Day) 3pm SOLD OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remembering the on pitch interviews for TNT at the Chesterfield game, the noise generated by W block came over loud & proud both before & after. Okay we won but with the high we are all on I reckon the sound may well be up a notch or 2 tomorrow.

We should have given them more notice than the 8:30 the night before that pay on the day wasn’t available. They were given no reasonable expectation that pay on the day wouldn’t be available, considering they were never going to sell the 650 allocation.

I know a couple of Barnet fans that always buy their tickets on the day because they have no need to buy in advance. They saw the tweet and went to buy tickets (considering it’s the day before and should still be available according to our tweet) to find they aren’t available.

We are in the wrong on this, whatever way you look at it.

I agree we are in the wrong with how it has been handled but now they have learnt a lesson not to wait until Christmas day to buy a ticket for Boxing Day. I've never understood voluntarily risking not getting in or the added faff on matchday for any away game but it seems even more unwise for a Boxing Day game

Very sorry that your Christmas has been upset.The game on the 30th at your place has been sold out for us and many cant make it we have asked for more but for segregation reasons you wont give us any more.The same reason we have stopped selling you guys as its not sensible to have the likely hood of home fans mixing with the away fans.Lesson for all fans home or away is to buy early to avoid disappointment.

It just isn’t
Very sorry that your Christmas has been upset.The game on the 30th at your place has been sold out for us and many cant make it we have asked for more but for segregation reasons you wont give us any more.The same reason we have stopped selling you guys as its not sensible to have the likely hood of home fans mixing with the away fans.Lesson for all fans home or away is to buy early to avoid disappointment.
It’s just not comparable. We didn’t just randomly pull tickets with no warning.
I don’t actually think what you’ve done is following the league rules re away fan % of capacity, you’ve literally given us 200.

I agree we are in the wrong with how it has been handled but now they have learnt a lesson not to wait until Christmas day to buy a ticket for Boxing Day. I've never understood voluntarily risking not getting in or the added faff on matchday for any away game but it seems even more unwise for a Boxing Day game
Not really fair to be honest. Always buy in advance, and if I knew I was risking something I would’ve bought before. There was no risk of us selling out last night, 200 tix still available. Was never a case of leaving it last minute, just assumed there would be no issues.

You could all see that tickets were selling out fast, so had to buy quickly to avoid disappointment. Ours weren’t going to sell out so not comparable at all.

Just a thought, but I reckon if they have limited the sales they will have a good reason. It won’t be because they don’t want / need the money. It’s disappointing, but just another reason why the rat must be fully out ASAP.

surely they can’t do this. Absolute disgrace if Barnet fans can’t get a hold of any more tickets
There is probably another contributing issue. Because of the takeover confirmation I suspect there has been a late rush of home sales in the last 48 hours. Our tickets now have a QR code that doesn't work with the barcode turnstiles so have to be manually scanned & we've probably had to reallocate any staff on duty tomorrow to get the extra home fans in. Our back office staff went through months without being paid so I for one wouldn't begrudge any that aren't due to work being forced to come in & that's assuming we even have extra people. I think this is both a safety & logistical issue.

It's all ticket for everyone so not just Barnet fans as they can't be bought on our website either. So whilst I sympathise as other's say I don't really see waiting for Xmas day is that sensible. I wasn't sure I could make 30th but knowing the time of year I bought one a couple of weeks ago just to be safe.

It's crazy to not have tickets on the day for away fans, especially when they won't even fill their section.

I'm wondering if it's because home fans are buying tickets in the north to watch the game?

Such a shame the X block can't be opened as we could have easily shifted another 500 tickets easy there.
I know a couple of away tickets that shall we say are homeward bound, might not be alone!

There is probably another contributing issue. Because of the takeover confirmation I suspect there has been a late rush of home sales. Our tickets now have a QR code that don't work with the barcode turnstiles so have to be manually scanned & we've probably had to reallocate any staff on duty tomorrow to get the extra home fans in. Our back office staff went through months without being paid so I for one wouldn't begrudge any that aren't due to work being forced to come in & that's assuming we even have extra people.

It's all ticket for everyone so not just Barnet fans as they can't be bought on our website either. So whilst I sympathise as other's say I don't really see waiting for Xmas day is that sensible. I wasn't sure I could make 30th but knowing the time of year I bought one a couple of weeks ago just to be safe.
No but it was obvious you lot were gonna sell out from the moment tickets went on sale. There’s still tickets available in our section!! How can they just decide that we can’t buy them. Give them to Barnet and let them sell them if they don’t want home fans in the away end, it’s not that difficult.

I do agree, but playing devils avocado, it’s not as if this fixture has snuck up out of nowhere. You’ve had plenty of time to get them 🤷‍♂️
That’s not the point, how are people not understanding that. You gave us 4 hours notice that tickets were not available on the gate and pulling them completely. Think about it from our pov, we never sell our away allocations and this would’ve been no different. I understand a Southend fan buying way in advance because your support is magnificent, but for us there’s literally no need to do that for any game apart from maybe borehamwood. Especially on a day with no trains we were never gonna sell out.

It just isn’t

It’s just not comparable. We didn’t just randomly pull tickets with no warning.
I don’t actually think what you’ve done is following the league rules re away fan % of capacity, you’ve literally given us 200.

Out of curiosity, if we gave you the entire 2000 capacity, how many would you expect to travel?

I’ve watched Blues play Barnet for many years, and I can’t recall yous ever brining more than 400-500 at best? Thats not a dig by the way.

Here’s how it was from an away perspective.
Past two seasons have been pay on the day (cash only). No issue with that. But it means many supporters were going to pay on the day again, as for an away fan at Southend it’s been the method of purchase in previous seasons.
We get a message last night, no pay on the day. Ok, no worries I’ll purchase online in the morning. (No mention of any danger of an away sell out, usually the away allocation at football grounds is fixed) wake up in the morning, no tickets on sale.
Very poor from Southend tbh, especially given we have given you 1800 tickets. I understand it’s not easy with the takeover, but at the end of the day it’s just shafted the away fans for no reason, as the original allocation doesn’t impact home fans

Out of curiosity, if we gave you the entire 2000 capacity, how many would you expect to travel?

I’ve watched Blues play Barnet for many years, and I can’t recall yous ever brining more than 400-500 at best? Thats not a dig by the way
Of course we aren’t going to bring 2000! But to only give 200 tickets to away fans out of an 8000 crowd is ridiculous, I’m sure you’ll agree. Especially when you only need to give us 300 more.

I’ve watched Blues play Barnet for many years, and I can’t recall yous ever brining more than 400-500 at best? Thats not a dig by the way.
Think we would’ve taken 300-400. We’d sold 200 last night with another 200 available in the block you gave us last night with a day and a half before the game. There is no way in hell I should be expected to know that between 10pm last night and 10am this morning that your club decides that they’re no longer selling tickets.

Past two seasons have been pay on the day (cash only). No issue with that. But it means many supporters were going to pay on the day again, as for an away fan at Southend it’s been the method of purchase in previous seasons.
We get a message last night, no pay on the day. Ok, no worries I’ll purchase online in the morning. (No mention of any danger of an away sell out, usually the away allocation at football grounds is fixed) wake up in the morning, no tickets on sale.
Very poor from Southend tbh, especially given we have given you 1800 tickets. I understand it’s not easy with the takeover, but at the end of the day it’s just shafted the away fans for no reason, as the original allocation doesn’t impact home fans
Exactly. No difference between buying last night and this morning in the grand scheme of things, we weren’t close to selling out.

No but it was obvious you lot were gonna sell out from the moment tickets went on sale. There’s still tickets available in our section!! How can they just decide that we can’t buy them. Give them to Barnet and let them sell them if they don’t want home fans in the away end, it’s not that difficult.
Not at all true I believe. We don't have a history of selling out on Boxing Day probably as a lot of people have family commitments nor do we when its on TV. We also have a number of supporters who were not coming due to the Rat regime &/or were becoming disenchanted with the progress of the takeover. The news over the weekend has I'm certain perked interest & lead to the current situation.

Unfortunately the ground itself is not in the best of condition due to the lack of interest from the owner over the last few years & we are probably quite fortunate to have a safety certificate for the number we can get in so we can't just open another area. There is only 1 person to blame but he wouldn't care if 2,000 Southend fans couldn't get in.

That’s not the point, how are people not understanding that.

Most people don’t leave it until the day before the game to get tickets. Do you understand that?

I get that there will be people who have had a change of heart and decided to go late, but that’s the risk you take, I guess.

Don’t get me wrong, I’m in agreement with you & think it’s daft we’ve taken the off sale. I’d rather the club sold them to you, afterall it’s more money for us. But looking at it objectively, I don’t think you can have too many complaints, as most people plan their Boxing Day around football (whether home or away)

You gave us 4 hours notice that tickets were not available on the gate and pulling them completely.

Yep, poor form from us. But again, they have been on sale for months. If anyone was serious about going, they’ve had ample opportunity.

Think about it from our pov, we never sell our away allocations and this would’ve been no different. I understand a Southend fan buying way in advance because your support is magnificent, but for us there’s literally no need to do that for any game apart from maybe borehamwood. Especially on a day with no trains we were never gonna sell out.

Again, I do feel for your fanbase as this seems rather short sighted and, frankly, mental on our part. One thing I’ve learned from our club is, never rule anything out. I wouldn’t be surprised to see tickets go back on sale at some point 🤷‍♂️

Not at all true I believe. We don't have a history of selling out on Boxing Day probably as a lot of people have family commitments nor do we when its on TV. We also have a number of supporters who were not coming due to the Rat regime &/or were becoming disenchanted with the progress of the takeover. The news over the weekend has I'm certain perked interest & lead to the current situation.

Unfortunately the ground itself is not in the best of condition due to the lack of interest from the owner over the last few years & we are probably quite fortunate to have a safety certificate for the number we can get in so we can't just open another area. There is only 1 person to blame but he wouldn't care if 2,000 Southend fans couldn't get in.
I was talking about you coming to us on the 30th. Point still stands, away end was not gonna sell out so it’s not justifiable to stop selling away tickets.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back