• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Barnet (H) 26 December (Boxing Day) 3pm SOLD OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Easy tigers. Don't go all Billie Big B0llox now you've almost crossed the line here. No public transport, no supporter coaches, dire recent form, many people brassic, along with many people fed up with having to stroll down to HSBC as we're used to 'cash only off the books Southend Utd' means there was a lot of hesitancy. Never mind it's actually ruddy boxing day and families in cringe, and many of us would rather nail our testes to a rusty bucket than subject ourselves to your horrific away facilities.

The reality is that several hundred more fans have been scrabbling around to find transport and would have come tomorrow - now they can't with no notice, and no doubt you'll be taking the **** out of our away fan base, but because you stopped them getting tickets. We didn't need to buy tickets in advance as we never have, and seemingly didn't need to. Yeh, you've brought out your away end at the hive, but the dates are better, you can get there by train, and a big chunk of you were (rightly) boycott RM's pockets.

Not wanting to sound sanctimonious (but I do), actually the point I want to make is that a lot of you are suddenly on very shaky ground. We've got a decent fan base who have backed you to the hilt (we've been there), we've never been rivals despite geographic closeness which is refreshing and enjoyed equalish results. And we've always got the memory of Martin Carruthers Vs Greg Heald to look back on. But I'll say one thing - now is not the time to start taking the attitude that some of you are - this is literally the start for you. You ain't Wrexham yet. And just remember our players, chairman (twice) and fans have (three times) got that you don't - how to get out of this infernal league, which is priceless.

Onwards and upwards eh?

The Mark Gower & Tony Richards Appreciation Society.

Easy tigers. Don't go all Billie Big B0llox now you've almost crossed the line here. No public transport, no supporter coaches, dire recent form, many people brassic, along with many people fed up with having to stroll down to HSBC as we're used to 'cash only off the books Southend Utd' means there was a lot of hesitancy. Never mind it's actually ruddy boxing day and families in cringe, and many of us would rather nail our testes to a rusty bucket than subject ourselves to your horrific away facilities.

The reality is that several hundred more fans have been scrabbling around to find transport and would have come tomorrow - now they can't with no notice, and no doubt you'll be taking the **** out of our away fan base, but because you stopped them getting tickets. We didn't need to buy tickets in advance as we never have, and seemingly didn't need to. Yeh, you've brought out your away end at the hive, but the dates are better, you can get there by train, and a big chunk of you were (rightly) boycott RM's pockets.

Not wanting to sound sanctimonious (but I do), actually the point I want to make is that a lot of you are suddenly on very shaky ground. We've got a decent fan base who have backed you to the hilt (we've been there), we've never been rivals despite geographic closeness which is refreshing and enjoyed equalish results. And we've always got the memory of Martin Carruthers Vs Greg Heald to look back on. But I'll say one thing - now is not the time to start taking the attitude that some of you are - this is literally the start for you. You ain't Wrexham yet. And just remember our players, chairman (twice) and fans have (three times) got that you don't - how to get out of this infernal league, which is priceless.

Onwards and upwards eh?

A fair post. I don't know why tickets have been taken off sale but there must be a valid reason, given our need for income from sales. I sympathise with anyone unable to get tickets.

The issue apparently is restricted attendance limits on the safety certificate.

However while I’m sure this is true, it probably has some fairly nonsensical (to the laymen/people amongst us) parameters since X was opened for Chesterfield and they brought a lot more fans than Barnet.

Anyhow, as long as we are sticking to whatever rules have been laid down in our ramshackle circumstances that’s fine with me, so long as plans are taken forward as early as possible to lift those restrictions too.

From what I’ve read / heard / understand of the consortium’s plans they mean to do exactly that. As ever, the current reduced capacity has one persons fault… but thankfully they will soon be no more than a distant nightmare.
As with so much completely defies logic. Either parts of a stand are “unsafe” and therefore there are restrictions or not. To set an overall restriction and the different parts of different stands are usable/ not usable one game to the next is nonsense. Should be a specific restriction to specific safety concerns in specific stands- but hey ho …if X was safe last week it is this

Last edited:
I'd be furious if I was a Barnet fan. It's shambolic from us.

Unfortunately, this is how the club has been run, we're on our knees and the infrastructure will not cope. That will change, but both sets of fans are lucky there is a fixture tomorrow at all.

I think the only consolation I can offer Barnet fans is that this should be our last season of being a total shambles of a football club.

I can’t see anything is changed regarding entry/ exits for years- so can’t see an overall restriction for this and if it was the case there would capacity limits the were entry/exit specific. Yes bits of certain stands are iffy but if not safe take those bits out of use- this overall capacity limit is untargeted and a big jobsworth as is. Sure it will be addressed asap

Reactions: jnl
Anyone know the restriction on total capacity is this days , it seems to be cloak and dagger to get us talking

Onwards and upwards eh?

Good post but the reality is that your away end (North) is the only part of the stadium where home fans could realistically still buy tickets.

The club did not want any issues in the away end for you so made the decision to close tickets before it became a problem.

Historically this would not have been an issue but due to the way our club has been run, some of the ground is not safe. This will not happen next season or when we next meet in the league. The ground capacity will have been improved.

As for the away end at the hive. You will also only have yourselves to blame when there are several hundred in the home end due to not increasing capacity for away support. It swings both ways.

Anyone know the restriction on total capacity is this days , it seems to be cloak and dagger to get us talking
No idea, but it’s a bit weird to have closed things off suddenly without a word - and still having the ‘buy your tickets for Barnet’ article live and unchanged on the OS front page today…

I’m finding it hard to have too much sympathy with Barnet fans here. The tickets have been on sale for weeks. There has been ample opportunity to purchase and with the game being Boxing Day you would have thought people would have an idea whether they are going to attend or not, it’s not a normal time of year/Saturday type scenario. Regardless of the situation regarding the embargo we still need every penny through the gate so this decision would not have been taken lightly and there would have been a tough decision. But there was some chatter on SM about Southend fans buying in the away end so maybe that made the decision. There are train issues also but why has the Barnet supporter groups not put on coaches or people not able to drive. Barnet travel in small numbers so it does feel like some of their fan base are trying to use the situation as a way of distracting from the fact that not many can be bothered to come to the game. I hope those travelling have a safe journey but for those that can’t get a ticket you only have yourself to blame

I can understand Barnet fans point of view though. We have a large away following and regularly sell out allocations. They don't. If they have been able to turn up on the day and pay by cash each time they've visited Roots Hall, why would they even consider it being different 48 hours before the match. They've then seen its all ticket, gone to buy them and they are already not available. To go from being able to pay on the day to not even being able to get a ticket online within 12 hours when there is 200 spaces left is awful and they have every right to be upset about it.

Add in the fact there is a cost of living crisis and not everyone has those funds available to buy tickets in advance, I just think a huge vocal part of our fan base are embarrassing themselves by laughing at anyone who has missed out.

I know the club are limited in what they can do to prevent home fans buying tickets in the away end, but I am quite embarrassed by the reaction of our fans to this.
I know Barnet fans have had weeks to get tickets but to stop them from buying with no notice is very disrespectful to be honest. They were able to pay on the gate the past two years so many would have been under the assumption they could do so again. If another club did this to us, we would all be jumping on them plus the league calling it a disgrace.
Surely, it’d have been possible to allow Barnet fans to pay on the gate if they could show proof they have attended a Barnet home game this season (or something similar)

For me, this reflects on the club very poorly, although I admit it must have been difficult to make a decision when time was limited

I’m finding it hard to have too much sympathy with Barnet fans here. The tickets have been on sale for weeks. There has been ample opportunity to purchase and with the game being Boxing Day you would have thought people would have an idea whether they are going to attend or not, it’s not a normal time of year/Saturday type scenario. Regardless of the situation regarding the embargo we still need every penny through the gate so this decision would not have been taken lightly and there would have been a tough decision. But there was some chatter on SM about Southend fans buying in the away end so maybe that made the decision. There are train issues also but why has the Barnet supporter groups not put on coaches or people not able to drive. Barnet travel in small numbers so it does feel like some of their fan base are trying to use the situation as a way of distracting from the fact that not many can be bothered to come to the game. I hope those travelling have a safe journey but for those that can’t get a ticket you only have yourself to blame
Come off it. Last season you had a go at Oldham for the weather.

So many Southend on here and on Twitter have been defending this when there is no excuse. If this happened to us we would be livid. Just because Barnet bring under 400 doesn't mean those genuine fans deserve to be ****ed about.

I'm sure the club panicked at home fans in away end and closed it, but we should be embarrassed, not blaming the away fans.

I know the club are limited in what they can do to prevent home fans buying tickets in the away end, but I am quite embarrassed by the reaction of our fans to this.
I know Barnet fans have had weeks to get tickets but to stop them from buying with no notice is very disrespectful to be honest. They were able to pay on the gate the past two years so many would have been under the assumption they could do so again. If another club did this to us, we would all be jumping on them plus the league calling it a disgrace.
Surely, it’d have been possible to allow Barnet fans to pay on the gate if they could show proof they have attended a Barnet home game this season (or something similar)

For me, this reflects on the club very poorly, although I admit it must have been difficult to make a decision when time was limited

Except we did buy up all a available tickets for Barnet away and didn't chance it

Barnet travel in small numbers so it does feel like some of their fan base are trying to use the situation as a way of distracting from the fact that not many can be bothered to come to the game.

Sorry doesn't wash, we have a higher % away support than you do, roughly 33%. Just a much smaller home support full stop. 680 to Chesterfield, 900 to Borehamwood, so 150 to Southend doesn't make sense.

It is what it is now, but don't put this on us. I've sussed what's annoying me, it's the sudden 'everything is cosy in the garden of Eden'. As for the home game, you'll either get an extra block or more likely ticket purchases will be limited to those with a home ticket purchase record. But you got your 1750 tickets as promised, would have been annoying if we'd have stopped sales unannounced after 800 though.

Come off it. Last season you had a go at Oldham for the weather.

So many Southend on here and on Twitter have been defending this when there is no excuse. If this happened to us we would be livid. Just because Barnet bring under 400 doesn't mean those genuine fans deserve to be ****ed about.

I'm sure the club panicked at home fans in away end and closed it, but we should be embarrassed, not blaming the away fans.
I do have sympathy for Barnet and agree it is slightly embarrassing fir the club but who made the decision? The club? The police? We need every penny so doubt the club would have made this decision lightly or had any choice. I can’t see why tickets can’t be sold on the day and managed correctly so there must be a reason for it.

Regarding your comment regarding the weather and Oldham, Oldham fans were saying from midweek that the match won’t go ahead etc yet we we were allowed to travel early Saturday morning only to find the game called off. There was a lot of sympathy for our fans especially from Oldham fans who said told you so. They have some history for it.

regarding tomorrow I would love to see 300-400 Barnet there as it makes for a good atmosphere so yes it’s a shame as I’m fed up of seeing 40 away fans turn up.

Sorry doesn't wash, we have a higher % away support than you do, roughly 33%. Just a much smaller home support full stop. 680 to Chesterfield, 900 to Borehamwood, so 150 to Southend doesn't make sense.

It is what it is now, but don't put this on us. I've sussed what's annoying me, it's the sudden 'everything is cosy in the garden of Eden'. As for the home game, you'll either get an extra block or more likely ticket purchases will be limited to those with a home ticket purchase record. But you got your 1750 tickets as promised, would have been annoying if we'd have stopped sales unannounced after 800 though.
Fair enough. 680 was a great following to chesterfield and guess swelled by the fact you were near the top, assume you didn’t take that many in previous years. Borehamwood is you local derby so you would expect a good following. As fir tomorrow I would have hoped you’d bring 300-400 plus due to locality and your league position. 211 sold to date so how many would have turned up to pay on the gate, another 100 plus. Believe me I love seeing decent away support at RH as it adds to the atmosphere. But as I’ve said previously something has happened behind the scenes and would assume the police have got involved. If so it’s hard to blame Southend solely for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back