• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Barnet (H) 26 December (Boxing Day) 3pm SOLD OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel for the Barnet fans here. Over the years I have often paid on the day if we won’t sell out. Why would you buy up front? What if you are sick or can’t get there? It’s irrelevant the time the tickets have been on sale.

Hoping for a last min change of heart and season tickets allowed as proof of being Barnet.

Let's leave it as you'll have plenty of time to sort it out for our next fixture at Roots Hall which will be in League 2 👍
I feel like I should apologise somewhat. I was a bit rude and maybe disrespectful to your fan base. I’ve a,ways loved visiting underhill and now The Hive. Yes we are a bigger club with a larger fan base but any fan of any club who travel home and away deserve respect, so I apologise for my earlier comments

regarding tomorrow I guess I will sit on the fence. From a Barnet perspective I can see your frustration and yes anyone deciding last minute to go to the game will now be penalised, however I’m certain also there are many who are now wishing they had purchased a few days/weeks ago. Guess we won’t know figures for this

from a Southend point of view the timing is poor, but, with every penny still vital to the club this decision wouldn’t have been taken likely and something his triggered the action. Without the club communicating their reasons then it’s slightly unfair to judge the club fully without the facts. But agree if the boot was on the other foot we would be angry. I know many Southend fans that waited and waited fir Barnet away tickets and now can’t get them

if you are there tomorrow I hope you enjoy your day, I fully expect you to probably win. I was at Kidderminster Saturday and although we won our players are running on empty. Hopefully come the 30th we may have one or two new additions but our players are knackered.

I feel for the Barnet fans here. Over the years I have often paid on the day if we won’t sell out. Why would you buy up front? What if you are sick or can’t get there? It’s irrelevant the time the tickets have been on sale.

Hoping for a last min change of heart and season tickets allowed as proof of being Barnet.
We have sold out- effectively home and away, because we have met the overall capacity restriction? Unfortunately if you look at the myth that at the moment the capacity is 11800 allowing for segregation with 2400 away and 9400 home, and plan on basis then disappointment beckons. Not sure but I think the max we are allowed is well under 9000 total and once you hit that it’s done irrespective of where the empty seats are…
Someone ITK can tell me I’m wrong but this is my understanding.

We have sold out- effectively home and away, because we have met the overall capacity restriction? Unfortunately if you look at the myth that at the moment the capacity is 11800 allowing for segregation with 2400 away and 9400 home, and plan on basis then disappointment beckons. Not sure but I think the max we are allowed is well under 9000 total and once you hit that it’s done irrespective of where the empty seats are…
Current capacity is somewhere around 8500 I believe, that includes a maximum away allocation of around 700-800. Only Oldham 600 plus have got close to that

Let's leave it as you'll have plenty of time to sort it out for our next fixture at Roots Hall which will be in League 2 👍
We can but dream. You might need to wait a season or two before we join you

Hopefully there will be some sort of statement this morning from the club re: sale of the remaining tickets.

It doesn’t look like we’ve reached the number of sales of the Chesterfield game yet so, unless for operational reasons the capacity is even lower today, there should still be tickets available.

I feel for the Barnet fans as although they could have bought earlier, in previous years it’s been cash on the day only so it’s not unreasonable that some may have been waiting to pay on the day.

Hopefully there’ll be an early meeting this morning to work out how to best fill the ground to current capacity, IMHO this should include some more for away fans (perhaps pay on the day with proof they are Barnet fans?)

The debate on this shows me everything that is wrong with our club at the moment. Not the players or staff, but the state of the ground and our need to nurse it through until repairs happen. I want our club to be known as a friendly, welcoming place for away supporters rather than making them feel like they have spent 90 minutes in a toilet. The various comments from Barnet fans are irrelevant to this, so during the rebuild lets make as many supporters happy as possible. Happy fans can lead to increased revenue, it ain't rocket science.

The debate on this shows me everything that is wrong with our club at the moment. Not the players or staff, but the state of the ground and our need to nurse it through until repairs happen. I want our club to be known as a friendly, welcoming place for away supporters rather than making them feel like they have spent 90 minutes in a toilet. The various comments from Barnet fans are irrelevant to this, so during the rebuild lets make as many supporters happy as possible. Happy fans can lead to increased revenue, it ain't rocket science.
This was discussed at the AGM. Fan experience whether home or away fans should be a good one so that fans want to attend RH. The consortium have already prioritised upgrading RH and this would be all stands especially the NB. When the East gets demolished to rebuild those fans will need to be relocated so the NB must be repaired or made safe as at the moment there are 2000 seats not in use

Reactions: RHB
This may of been said elsewhere, but personally I think this is bad from our club and our fans, why are they purchasing tickets in the away end? We can say Barnet have had lots of time to buy tickets but so have our fans in the home end. It's a big day I get now after Saturdays news, and more fans are going to want to come. However I would like to see Barnet bring 6 or 700 if there was more planning to come today as it will make the atmosphere better, bored of these clubs who bring 60 fans

If I’d have known that Southend fans buying enough home tickets would stop me getting tickets in the away end eventually because of an overall capacity restriction I would’ve bought weeks ago. Nice to see a fair few fans on here sympathise with us, especially as a lot of the guys over on Twitter are being real dicks about it.

This may of been said elsewhere, but personally I think this is bad from our club and our fans, why are they purchasing tickets in the away end? We can say Barnet have had lots of time to buy tickets but so have our fans in the home end. It's a big day I get now after Saturdays news, and more fans are going to want to come. However I would like to see Barnet bring 6 or 700 if there was more planning to come today as it will make the atmosphere better, bored of these clubs who bring 60 fans
We’d sold 200 and I’m 99% sure there’d be at least another 150 rocking up today, possibly even 250. We would’ve made some decent noise as well I’m sure. People that go regularly would’ve been more likely to have not bothered to but in advance because we never really sell out, so loads of them have been shafted unfortunately.

If I’d have known that Southend fans buying enough home tickets would stop me getting tickets in the away end eventually because of an overall capacity restriction I would’ve bought weeks ago. Nice to see a fair few fans on here sympathise with us, especially as a lot of the guys over on Twitter are being real dicks about it.
TBf some of your fans on twitter are no better including some hoping we still go bust. So maybe some of our fans are being dickheads but your fans are no angels either

Received this this morning from Essex Police:

Morning. Got an update from the club that home sales sold out and decision made to go all ticket, followed by tickets going off sale. As widely known, there is a current capacity cap, they are working hard to get this increased, there are a lot of staff that worked their socks of this season. I would presume that away sales taken off for spectator safety, as we all know this is a game that all fans want to be at with the new start!
I can understand fans' frustration, but clubs have to work within the green guide for sports grounds and keeping fans safe. All part of the safety certificate 👍

I can understand Barnet fans point of view though. We have a large away following and regularly sell out allocations. They don't. If they have been able to turn up on the day and pay by cash each time they've visited Roots Hall, why would they even consider it being different 48 hours before the match. They've then seen its all ticket, gone to buy them and they are already not available. To go from being able to pay on the day to not even being able to get a ticket online within 12 hours when there is 200 spaces left is awful and they have every right to be upset about it.

Add in the fact there is a cost of living crisis and not everyone has those funds available to buy tickets in advance, I just think a huge vocal part of our fan base are embarrassing themselves by laughing at anyone who has missed out.
I haven’t seen anyone laughing. I’m personally not going to cry crocodile tears or join the virtue signalling though.

The small part of our fanbase that has embarrassed themselves are the ones blabbing on social media about buying tickets in the away end. That’s almost certainly what’s caused this issue.

I haven’t seen anyone laughing. I’m personally not going to cry crocodile tears or join the virtue signalling though.

The small part of our fanbase that has embarrassed themselves are the ones blabbing on social media about buying tickets in the away end. That’s almost certainly what’s caused this issue.

There's plenty of it on twitter. I'd argue that non of this would have been an issue if there had been open and honest communication from the club on why the decision was made and I hope this is something that gets addressed when the takeover is finalised.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back