• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Ticket News Barnet (H) 26 December (Boxing Day) 3pm SOLD OUT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
On reflection on my previous post as it's the season of goodwill if you generally attend and pay on the day regrettably you have been court out due to these unusual circumstances.Its a big reflection of the current state this club is under.It all my 60 years in following Southend I believe this is the first time this has happened and hopefully the last.In consolation this game is being televised yes I know it's not the same but a small way you wont miss it.

Please can we stop using old stereo types about people in Thorpe bay. Its now a cool surfy place with real laidback hippie types setting up independent businesses.

Just this morning I managed to grab some quality tube time in the Bay.

May be pop art of 1 person and text

I have real sympathy for the Barnet fans who have missed out. Most of us for one reason or another have decided late in the day to go to a game, people have busy lives and are not always sure that they will be free on a certain day. The decision re sale of tickets is because of the threat of home fans entering the North Bank. Thanks to the behaviour of a minority of football fans this has caused this decision. It has cost our club money that they could have done with. Would this happen at a Rugby or Cricket match, of course not.

Would this happen at a Rugby or Cricket match, of course not.
UNQUOTE

Because they are both boring sports to watch IMHO

Hopefully there will be some sort of statement this morning from the club re: sale of the remaining tickets.

It doesn’t look like we’ve reached the number of sales of the Chesterfield game yet so, unless for operational reasons the capacity is even lower today, there should still be tickets available.

I feel for the Barnet fans as although they could have bought earlier, in previous years it’s been cash on the day only so it’s not unreasonable that some may have been waiting to pay on the day.

Hopefully there’ll be an early meeting this morning to work out how to best fill the ground to current capacity, IMHO this should include some more for away fans (perhaps pay on the day with proof they are Barnet fans?)
IMG_6186.png

Someone from the club read my suggestion!

Sold 200 prior to today so let’s see if the etc 150-200 as mentioned turn up. I hope they do as will create a better atmosphere etc

does anyone know the allocation. Don’t wanna rock up too late and tickets all gone (doubt that’ll happen to be fair)
Original allocation was 400 but we’ve had over 600 in there this season. Think it’s capped at 700 for safety reasons. Without being rude I don’t think you will have any issue

does anyone know the allocation. Don’t wanna rock up too late and tickets all gone (doubt that’ll happen to be fair)
I don't think you will have a problem but it looks like they have capped it at 400.

North Stand​

Away: 216 sold, 186 available. Those are the online figures.

This is what happened to us at Altrincham a couple of seasons ago when Trafford Council capped their capacity. That was admittedly a few weeks before the match.

I don’t think the new owners will be too upset about home fans not being able to get tickets for this one. It will help sell a lot of half season cards for the rest of the season. I got my first season ticket as a result of struggling to get tickets for the Torquay game in 1989 (it enabled voucher holders to get to see us beat Gazza and Lineker). My dad decided rather than faff around with the ticket office each game we might as well bite the bullet and get season tickets as we were going each week. We ended up getting promoted the next season too. More than three decades later I’m still a season ticket holder. This is how you build a fanbase. Our current crowds can be attributed to the increased crowds under Tilly. Many will have got their first season tickets for the Championship campaign when we had a number of sell outs. We lost some after relegation but a number of new or returning remained.

Obviously over the off season (if not before) we’ll need to sort it out. With good times hopefully ahead we’re embarking on a journey lots of people are going to want to join us on.

This is what happened to us at Altrincham a couple of seasons ago when Trafford Council capped their capacity. That was admittedly a few weeks before the match.

I don’t think the new owners will be too upset about home fans not being able to get tickets for this one. It will help sell a lot of half season cards for the rest of the season. I got my first season ticket as a result of struggling to get tickets for the Torquay game in 1989 (it enabled voucher holders to get to see us beat Gazza and Lineker). My dad decided rather than faff around with the ticket office each game we might as well bite the bullet and get season tickets as we were going each week. We ended up getting promoted the next season too. More than three decades later I’m still a season ticket holder. This is how you build a fanbase. Our current crowds can be attributed to the increased crowds under Tilly. Many will have got their first season tickets for the Championship campaign when we had a number of sell outs. We lost some after relegation but a number of new or returning remained.

Obviously over the off season (if not before) we’ll need to sort it out. With good times hopefully ahead we’re embarking on a journey lots of people are going to want to join us on.
Spot on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back