• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Southend United v Colchester United next season?

OFF THE TRACK A LITTLE ON SATADAY IM OFF TO SEE CHAMPIONS ELECT Lowestoft town in there final home game good value for a 10 pound note .

5 goal swing needed or 4 goals if Sutton win 3-1 and Colchester lose 2-0

Crewe vs Col Ewe both need a point on Saturday..Anyone else going to lump on a draw??
We are very good at getting 1-1 draws! We really do make it hard for ourselves the players look dead on their feet, this build up of Saturday/Tuesday/Saturday games and a host of injuries could well relegate us. I think we will just survive but it could be very nervy if we go a goal down and Sutton go one up at MKD.

Sutton have Steve Morrison in charge since January, after he left Hornchurch in a fantastic position to take the Isthmian title (which they did, putting them in NLS next season). Winning 5 games and drawing 8 , i reckon the old Millwall striker might just pull one over the sheep botherers.
Never thought Sutton might catch Colchester, it looked an impossible task at times but we go to the last game. C'mon Steve !

Col Ewe game live on Sky on Saturday.

Sit back with a beer and watch someone else's agony.

It won’t be a good game to watch, I think both sides will be happy with a draw so it could be both teams parking the bus, a 0-0/1-1 borefest awaits! We could have 10 players out injured/suspended so Danny C pretty much has to stick with the same players he has picked in the last couple of games. We shall see…….

It won’t be a good game to watch, I think both sides will be happy with a draw so it could be both teams parking the bus, a 0-0/1-1 borefest awaits! We could have 10 players out injured/suspended so Danny C pretty much has to stick with the same players he has picked in the last couple of games. We shall see…….
Yep, not expecting a footie fest but will be interesting to dip in to whilst relaxing and flicking between sports channels.

I actually want Col Ewe to stay up. Sutton is so much easier for me to get to and wont be a ticket scramble. Can't think of any other reasons tho😜

Yep, not expecting a footie fest but will be interesting to dip in to whilst relaxing and flicking between sports channels.

I actually want Col Ewe to stay up. Sutton is so much easier for me to get to and wont be a ticket scramble. Can't think of any other reasons tho😜
We have a son in law who supports Sutton and Wolves he is going to MKD on Saturday but he says it is just to witness their last game as a league club! He has said all season they would struggle because they don’t want to spend a small fortune on their stadium as the EFL is looking for them to do. He said they were much happier playing below EFL level, they could use their plastic pitch for league games and the whole community benefitted from its use. It cost them a lot of money to lay a grass pitch, I wonder if they will go back to plastic or keep the grass?

Sutton have Steve Morrison in charge since January, after he left Hornchurch in a fantastic position to take the Isthmian title (which they did, putting them in NLS next season). Winning 5 games and drawing 8 , i reckon the old Millwall striker might just pull one over the sheep botherers.
Never thought Sutton might catch Colchester, it looked an impossible task at times but we go to the last game. C'mon Steve !
Personally, I would rather Colchester stay in League 2. If our local rivals drop into the National League, the Cowley brothers will be able to call on the experience of getting a club - Lincoln - out of that League at the first time of asking...

Personally, I would rather Colchester stay in League 2. If our local rivals drop into the National League, the Cowley brothers will be able to call on the experience of getting a club - Lincoln - out of that League at the first time of asking...
Very true those two have very good knowledge on running & managing clubs at national league levels So no thanks

Yes I think they will be a real force next season whether we are in league 2 or the National league. We have a lot of players out of contract or going back to their clubs from a loan to us. Including loans, youngsters and the 1st team players we have 29 who will be out of contract in May/June 2024. Many of those will not get a new contract, so the Cowley's will have the budget and the freedom to pick their own players.It will be interesting to see who they bring in.

Yes I think they will be a real force next season whether we are in league 2 or the National league. We have a lot of players out of contract or going back to their clubs from a loan to us. Including loans, youngsters and the 1st team players we have 29 who will be out of contract in May/June 2024. Many of those will not get a new contract, so the Cowley's will have the budget and the freedom to pick their own players.It will be interesting to see who they bring in.
What do you think of Jay Minge, the right wing-back? I found myself at the Sheep Pen recently for the Wrexham game and thought he stood out as someone who could play higher up the leagues. Very comfortable on the ball, creates space for himself, quick feet & rarely wastes the ball. Obviously was only one game so he could be awful usually for all I know. I saw he'd come from Portsmouth so was he a Cowley signing?

I get what you're saying but the NL has changed massively since they were in it. There were far more semi-pro teams in there then. The league is much harder now and they have not been at this level for a while. Indeed, they should be a force, but nothing is a given at this level.

Plus, we can't be fearing teams. If we want to be successful, we need to prove we are the best, or one of the best. If that means Col U come down, bring it on.

Also, Daggers used to be a pre-season game, it's now a 'derby'. We can't honestly say that we don't want the proper derby back.

Back