• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Southampton and 'fans' selling tickets on ebay

choggy

Coach
...I don't get it.

Here we are at the end of best season we've had in over 10 years, beating Man U, Brum, West Brom, Sunderland etc 3 years after we looked like swapping places with Canvey Island and our last game is a bank holiday trip to the south coast to a cracking ground against a cracking team in a cracking city and yet now that we are down people don't want to know.

What's wrong with you? So what if we're down, it's been one hell of a season and in 30 years time we're going to tell our kids and grandkids about the day we beat the premier league champions.

To the people trying to flog their tickets...good, **** off. We know who you are, you're the moaning gits who get on the team's back rather than support them. Go support the Spammers and maybe next season we'll have 6000-odd genuine fans at RH.

Me, I'm going down with a couple of mates, we're going for a party atmosphere at Soton and a chance to say to the team 'thank you' for this season and then to get bladdered on a bank holiday sunday by the south coast.

If they are being sold to genuine fans who couldn't get their hands on a ticket for whatever reason i'm really pleased. The people selling them (unless there is a genuine reason) are all tossers. And "But we're relegated" is not a genuine reason.

I just don't understand the mentality of some people.
As I've put on certain people's reputation, what did they expect, another 3rd successive promotion? Get f**king real!

Bye bye, hope you enjoy Upton Park once more! Southend til I die!

Just checked E-Bay no tickets are being sold on there. EBay do have very strict policies regarding the sale of Football tickets so hopefully they have been removed.

...I don't get it.

Here we are at the end of best season we've had in over 10 years, beating Man U, Brum, West Brom, Sunderland etc 3 years after we looked like swapping places with Canvey Island and our last game is a bank holiday trip to the south coast to a cracking ground against a cracking team in a cracking city and yet now that we are down people don't want to know.

What's wrong with you? So what if we're down, it's been one hell of a season and in 30 years time we're going to tell our kids and grandkids about the day we beat the premier league champions.

To the people trying to flog their tickets...good, **** off. We know who you are, you're the moaning gits who get on the team's back rather than support them. Go support the Spammers and maybe next season we'll have 6000-odd genuine fans at RH.

Me, I'm going down with a couple of mates, we're going for a party atmosphere at Soton and a chance to say to the team 'thank you' for this season and then to get bladdered on a bank holiday sunday by the south coast.

Before you start, ever thought some of us might have families who have not seen much of us over the last 6 months or God forbid other hobbies? I know STHs who are going to watch Essex at cricket instead of SUFC.

Just because people choose not to go does not make them Spammers or Chelsea fans.

Before you start, ever thought some of us might have families who have not seen much of us over the last 6 months or God forbid other hobbies? I know STHs who are going to watch Essex at cricket instead of SUFC.

Just because people choose not to go does not make them Spammers or Chelsea fans.

No, fair enough, but the fact we're down shouldn't change the desire to go to St Marys. The away end should be a mass of blue, together in one voice, stating the fact WE WILL BE BACK, maybe not next year or even 2009 but WE WILL BE BACK!

If another commitment hadn't come up for Saturday night, I would have been coming down (much to the annoyance of my Mrs and daughter) and us now being relegated would not for one second have put me off!

No, fair enough, but the fact we're down shouldn't change the desire to go to St Marys. The away end should be a mass of blue, together in one voice, stating the fact WE WILL BE BACK, maybe not next year or even 2009 but WE WILL BE BACK!

If another commitment hadn't come up for Saturday night, I would have been coming down (much to the annoyance of my Mrs and daughter) and us now being relegated would not for one second have put me off!

I'm still going, but wish I knew which SUFC will turn up,if it's going throught the motions I certainly have other things to do.

I'm still going, but wish I knew which SUFC will turn up,if it's going throught the motions I certainly have other things to do.

I think we've all thought that since mid-September when planning away games to attend to be honest!

Last edited:

Spot on. Have only missed 2 league games this season but personally if it had not been for the fact I hadn't done the ground I would be going to watch Essex instead (a team that can actually win!). I can easily understand if anyone who has tickets want to get a refund for what has turned out to be a meaningless fixture. There is more to life than SUFC

Maybe - but why fork out for the tickets in the first place.

If another commitment hadn't come up for Saturday night, I would have been coming down (much to the annoyance of my Mrs and daughter) and us now being relegated would not for one second have put me off![/QUOTE]

Oh the irony!

:thump:

Too flipping right. I think even when we bought our tickets we were well aware that we would most likely be relegated by then. It was always about being at the last game of the season which we knew would most likely be to wave the players into league one. Not once did we contemplate not going if there was the possibility of already being relegated. To be honest I am happier going there knowing we are already down as it gives everyone a chance to have a proper party and not worry about the results and I am sure most people that bought there tickets months ago feel exactly the same.

It's like the "fans" that left in droves 10 minutes before then end of the Luton game.
It's like the old saying that it's in times of trouble that you know who your real friends are. In the same way it's when you get relegated a club knows who it's real supporters are.
Unfortunately some "supporters" have shown their true colours this week and it isn't blue

It's like the "fans" that left in droves 10 minutes before then end of the Luton game.
It's like the old saying that it's in times of trouble that you know who your real friends are. In the same way it's when you get relegated a club knows who it's real supporters are.
Unfortunately some "supporters" have shown their true colours this week and it isn't blue

Yeah, coz staying to clap the players off is what makes you a ''real'' fan!

:thump:

It's a shame the players don't always show the same dedication that most of the fans show match-in match-out , then I am sure more people would stay in the ground until the final whistle. Some players don't appear to turn up sometimes.

Back