• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Who is the best movie character?

number11

"Good morning everybody........"
Seems like I was not the only one watching Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade yesterday (so who was watching Brokeback Mountain then.....).

During the film I stated to the missus that Indy is probably the coolest movie role and if I could actually be any film character it would be him. Other contenders.....well, Luke Skywalker is whiny, Han Solo is similar character but without the brains, Bond is a good shout but relies on gadgets, the superheroes (superman, spiderman etc) are generally wimps in their every day persona (Batman / Bruce Wayne would be a good shout).....

So, if you be any film role, who would it be??

Bill Murray's character (Peter?) in Ghostbusters was ace.

I'd still put Han Solo just ahead of Indiana Jones even though, as number 11 says, Indy has the brains. Indy also shagged about a bit more, but Han has the Millennium Falcon.

Bill Murray's character (Peter?) in Ghostbusters was ace.

I'd still put Han Solo just ahead of Indiana Jones even though, as number 11 says, Indy has the brains. Indy also shagged about a bit more, but Han has the Millennium Falcon.

also Indys best friend was a young Chinese boy... whereas Han Solos best friend was a Wookie!

Wilson from Castaway. I thought the Ball was incredibly unlucky not to pick up an Oscar for the Best Supporting Actor in a film.

Wilson from Castaway. I thought the Ball was incredibly unlucky not to pick up an Oscar for the Best Supporting Actor in a film.

agreed... I bet Tom Hanks wasn't happy to be out-acted by a piece of sports equipment!

also Indys best friend was a young Chinese boy... whereas Han Solos best friend was a Wookie!

Though the young Chinese boy was also friends with the Goonies....:)

Though the young Chinese boy was also friends with the Goonies....:)

that is true... but if a Professor in England went out with a woman called "Willie" and was best friends with a pre-pubescent Chinese boy then his address would be on the front of the NOTW!

Bond for his record with women.

Rambo. John J.

Not strictly a film, but Henno Garvie. ;)

Back