• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JUSTICE in L1

Status
Not open for further replies.
The thing is, I do know why I hate Leeds, it's because when they had the best team in the land way back when, they still felt the need to kick lumps out of their opponents if they lost the ball, and they used to delight in showboating around fellow professionals when there was no need for it (Southampton at Elland Road sticks in my mind, for instance). And when I see them targetting Wellens and putting in 5 hard tackles on him in the first 15 minutes when fully aware that he was playing with an injury, accusations of gamesmanship from Donny ring a little hollow.

Funnily enough this doesn't mean that I automatically hate and despise all their fans, though, or am going to gloat over them. Perhaps a few seasons in League 1 will do them good.

When mate? If you meant by Douglaus its cause the bloke is useless and thats how long it takes him to cover the ground to make a challenge :madman:
What about the hefty challenges on Beckford also recovering from an injury? what about the constant time wasting? I'm not making out were angels but when every time a Donny player was tackled they spent a few moments on the floor it gets to you, perhaps it was a Dirty Leeds fan acting as a sniper :unsure:

and people still refer to us as Dirty Leeds

eerrrrmm, Billy Bremner, Johnny Giles, Norman Hunter.

How about Allan Clarke and Mick Jones, Paul Reany.

Denis Wise, David Batty, missed England pen, Don Revie - the epitome of Leeds United -
walked out on England for more money and if this lot arent enough, how about Ken Bates and your current captain.

I thought when O'Leary was there and they were playing some good stuff, they were definitely become a more appealing team but you know what reputations are like and as soon as things went bad the old rep comes back.

Last edited:
eerrrrmm, Billy Bremner, Johnny Giles, Norman Hunter.

How about Allan Clarke and Mick Jones, Paul Reany.

Denis Wise, David Batty, missed England pen, Don Revie - the epitome of Leeds United -
walked out on England for more money and if this lot arent enough, how about Ken Bates.

i tohught when O'Leary was there and they were playing some good stuff, they were definitely become a more appealing team but you know what reputations are like and as soon as things went bad the old rep comes back.

Oh right, watched the Revie side alot did you? David Batty dirty for missing a pen for England :D Don Revie was about to be sacked, he was offered a job on more money, he took it. Get you facts right mate cause sadly your post has the same shallow reasons used too often to provide excuses for hating us when in truth envy would be a better word to describe your affection. We were the only physical side after all, and the point about Southampton at ER. If that was Aresenal they would be the greatest footballing side, we show that there was more to our game then being hard and we still couldn't win.

When mate? If you meant by Douglaus its cause the bloke is useless and thats how long it takes him to cover the ground to make a challenge :madman:
What about the hefty challenges on Beckford also recovering from an injury? what about the constant time wasting? I'm not making out were angels but when every time a Donny player was tackled they spent a few moments on the floor it gets to you, perhaps it was a Dirty Leeds fan acting as a sniper :unsure:

At half time Sky picked up on it and showed the tackles, it was IMO too many to be coincidence. And I don't like time wasting by any team, but Leeds are no less guilty of it when it suits them. The problem you had yesterday was that even if you had had another 15 minutes, I just don't think you would have scored, you didn't make Sullivan make one save all game.

Oh right, watched the Revie side alot did you? David Batty dirty for missing a pen for England Don Revie was about to be sacked, he was offered a job on more money, he took it. Get you facts right mate cause sadly your post has the same shallow reasons used too often to provide excuses for hating us when in truth envy would be a better word to describe your affection. We were the only physical side after all, and the point about Southampton at ER. If that was Aresenal they would be the greatest footballing side, we show that there was more to our game then being hard and we still couldn't win

Yes I did see quite a lot of the revie side. They were nasty horrible dirty cheats. Revie bottled it and went for the big money. I think my facts on these points are fairly accurate.

Batty was a dirty thug, the fact that he missed for England and apparently didnt give a toss just made it worse.

You made a reference to Arsenal, who were hated in George Grahams day, becasue of their brand of football. Now they are probably the team most neutrals want to watch. They changed the way they play and people like them for it.

Leeds are still a bunch of cloggers and make no attempt to play any decent football. On top of all this the Leeds chairman hardly helped the CLubs image by accepting the 15 point penalty and then trying to wriggle out of it later.

At half time Sky picked up on it and showed the tackles, it was IMO too many to be coincidence. And I don't like time wasting by any team, but Leeds are no less guilty of it when it suits them. The problem you had yesterday was that even if you had had another 15 minutes, I just don't think you would have scored, you didn't make Sullivan make one save all game.

No mate, if we had played for 15 days we wouldn't have scored :'( . Like i said we are no angels but it was disapointing to see it down. I wouldn't have minded if they had been alot better and had played us off the pitch mate but they didn't, that said i suppose if the boot was on the on the other shoe.......

Yes I did see quite a lot of the revie side. They were nasty horrible dirty cheats. Revie bottled it and went for the big money. I think my facts on these points are fairly accurate.

Batty was a dirty thug, the fact that he missed for England and apparently didnt give a toss just made it worse.

You made a reference to Arsenal, who were hated in George Grahams day, becasue of their brand of football. Now they are probably the team most neutrals want to watch. They changed the way they play and people like them for it.

Leeds are still a bunch of cloggers and make no attempt to play any decent football. On top of all this the Leeds chairman hardly helped the CLubs image by accepting the 15 point penalty and then trying to wriggle out of it later.

Oh ok then you must be right mate if you say they are horrible cheats, mate your point that we still make no attempt to play any decent football tells me everything i need to know.

Oh right, watched the Revie side alot did you? David Batty dirty for missing a pen for England :D Don Revie was about to be sacked, he was offered a job on more money, he took it. Get you facts right mate cause sadly your post has the same shallow reasons used too often to provide excuses for hating us when in truth envy would be a better word to describe your affection. We were the only physical side after all, and the point about Southampton at ER. If that was Aresenal they would be the greatest footballing side, we show that there was more to our game then being hard and we still couldn't win.

I am old enough & privileged enough to have seen the great Revie side play several times live, as well as on the limited TV coverage. They were probably the best team I've ever seen play live. Bremner, Giles, Lorimer & Eddie Gray is probably the best ever midfield quartet ever seen upto that time in this country & I would struggle to think any better since. Yes they were able to mix it if necessary, as teams thought that because they were small they could be bullied. A big mistake.

Leeds' biggest failing, as toellandback hinted at, is they were playing 200 miles too far north for the press to love them like they did Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc. Who holds the record for the quickest booking in an FA Cup Final? Arsenal's McNab in under a minute vs Leeds in 1972. Chopper Harris in 1970 replay injured Eddie Gray so he couldn't run riot against Chelsea, as he had done in the first game.

Where Leeds went wrong (!!) is they were the first team to properly scout teams & analyse their opponents weaknesses & play on them. Cynical perhaps, but the forerunners of what is commonplace today.

Names stick, Arsenal for all their quality are still known as boring, Leeds are dirty, Manure are scum, Wet Spam play decent football :D David Jones still get paedo comments etc etc Most of these are unfair, but not that it makes any difference to most sheep-like football fans!

Last edited:
Oh ok then you must be right mate if you say they are horrible cheats, mate your point that we still make no attempt to play any decent football tells me everything i need to know.

Oh and please refrain from calling me mate. I dont personally hate Leeds any more than the next man, but you asked why you still get the Dirty tag and I explained.

Wet Spam play decent football
The Academy. Couldnt beleive West Ham fans phoning talksport last week saying how they had 4 players in the Champs League final from the Academy of Football, lol.

I am old enough & privileged enough to have seen the great Revie side play several times live, as well as on the limited TV coverage. They were probably the best team I've ever seen play live. Bremner, Giles, Lorimer & Eddie Gray is probably the best ever midfield quartet ever seen upto that time in this country & I would struggle to think any better since. Yes they were able to mix it if necessary, as teams thought that because they were small they could be bullied. A big mistake.

Leeds' biggest failing, as toellandback hinted at, is they were playing 200 miles too far north for the press to love them like they did Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs etc. Who holds the record for the quickest booking in an FA Cup Final? Arsenal's McNab in under a minute vs Leeds in 1972. Chopper Harris in 1970 replay injured Eddie Gray so he could run riot against Chelsea, as he had done in the first game.

Where Leeds went wrong (!!) is they were the first team to properly scout teams & analyse their opponents weaknesses & play on them. Cynical perhaps, but the forerunners of what is commonplace today.

Names stick, Arsenal for all their quality are still known as boring, Leeds are dirty, Manure are scum, Wet Spam play decent football :D David Jones still get paedo comments etc etc Most of these are unfair, but not that it makes any difference to most sheep-like football fans!

Ok Mr Steveo sir, does any of this make any sense to you?

No mate, if we had played for 15 days we wouldn't have scored :'( . Like i said we are no angels but it was disapointing to see it down. I wouldn't have minded if they had been alot better and had played us off the pitch mate but they didn't, that said i suppose if the boot was on the on the other shoe.......

Hhmmmm... Have to disagree there, in the first 20 minutes only some superb 'keeping kept you from going 3 down. After that is was a bit more even, but Donny still made the better chances. Over the whole game, you were clearly beaten by the better side, as we were in the semi-final.

EDIT: My brother coming home on the tube listening to three Leeds fans:

Fan 1. "They only get 8k for home games, how **** is that.

Fan 2. "That new stadium of theirs is no way CCC standard

Fan 3. "Yeah, but I tell you what, I'd swap our 11 on the pitch for theirs any day".

Says it all really.

Last edited:
Hhmmmm... Have to disagree there, in the first 20 minutes only some superb 'keeping kept you from going 3 down. After that is was a bit more even, but Donny still made the better chances. Over the whole game, you were clearly beaten by the better side, as we were in the semi-final.

Poor defending played a huge part though. To get a one on one chance once is bad enough but to let them do it several times is very poor. I am not putting Donny down, my point was just i didn't think they were out of sight at any stage. We played poorly, they played better but they weren't that great.

Poor defending played a huge part though. To get a one on one chance once is bad enough but to let them do it several times is very poor. I am not putting Donny down, my point was just i didn't think they were out of sight at any stage. We played poorly, they played better but they weren't that great.

We'll have to disagree then, toellandback, it is subjective after all - but I still think that in the first 20 minutes, just like Friday night, their touch, passing and control were superb and I don't think many teams would have lived with them.

EDIT: My brother coming home on the tube listening to three Leeds fans:

Fan 1. "They only get 8k for home games, how **** is that.

Fan 2. "That new stadium of theirs is no way CCC standard

Fan 3. "Yeah, but I tell you what, I'd swap our 11 on the pitch for theirs any day".

Says it all really.

Thats it mate. I might be getting myself worked up about there fans but on the pitch they have a very good team and a great manager. I might even take John Ryan :unsure: or maybe not......

that was exactly how I felt about us when we played them..
but watching the game back, they were much better overall and especially on the day..
so maybe that was the case yesterday too

Tickets have risen by 20%. I think without checking a season ticket is about 600 quid in the Kop. I don't understand comments like MK Shrimpers, it may be because i am tired and hung over and i know the real reasons, but why people still can't resisit taking a pop gets to me today. There were a huge amount of Leeds yesterday, we have taking the most away anywhere this year and caused no trouble and people still refer to us as Dirty Leeds. I think its sad personally that people would be almost glad if it hasd kicked off just so they could say i told you so.
The thing is like Big Shrimp has said Bates is not well or young ans is desperate to be in the big boardrooms again. He is a man that lives by his ego and he does not want his swansong to be in the old third division.

Maybe people call you dirty Leeds as you have had some of the scummiest player in history, still think your something a bit special, be-little all the other clubs around, have caused trouble whereever you go, and you and feel all the world owes you something.

Personally I do it as I hate Yorkshire and all the low life, scrounging *******s that come from there, Leeds as a place is a toilet of the highest order and I get sick of Nobheads coming onto a Southend board and boring the ****ing t1ts of me with talk of Leeds.....

Just an idea like......Hope this helps???

Ok Mr Steveo sir, does any of this make any sense to you?

Yes it does and the Big shrimp makes some good points but most people probably remember the Revie team for their cynicism, fouling and all round nastiness rather than their football. Without looking at any reference sites, I could probably have a good go at naming the side:
Sprake, Reany,Cooper, Hunter, Charlton, Lorimer, Bremner, Giles, Gray, Jones, Clarke - (where did Madely fit in?) but the side that won the top divison in 91/92 won what was probably a more competitive division and played some good stuff along the way, but other than maybe McAllister and Sterland and Batty I struggle to remember them. People alays remember the bad stuff not the good and as the man says once you get a "tag" its almost impossible to lose it.

Yes it does and the Big shrimp makes some good points but most people probably remember the Revie team for their cynicism, fouling and all round nastiness rather than their football. Without looking at any reference sites, I could probably have a good go at naming the side:
Sprake, Reany,Cooper, Hunter, Charlton, Lorimer, Bremner, Giles, Gray, Jones, Clarke - (where did Madely fit in?) but the side that won the top divison in 91/92 won what was probably a more competitive division and played some good stuff along the way, but other than maybe McAllister and Sterland and Batty I struggle to remember them. People alays remember the bad stuff not the good and as the man says once you get a "tag" its almost impossible to lose it.

Probably not true as no one team monopolised the top division in the 60's & 70's, unlike now. Back then it was a different team winning the title in the 60's & the first half of the 70's.

Yes Leeds were the best team in the country, probably Europe during this period, but never won the trophies that they should have.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back