• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JUSTICE in L1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the bigger picture, todays result will mean only one automatic to play for.

If justice should be seen to be done, then Leeds, who won one less point than Swansea, would have already been up. Wet Spam cheated & were fined £5M when they should have been deducted points & relegated.

Leeds will be stronger & better under McAllister, who unlike the poison dwarf, Wise, has a great footballing brain. McAllister has shown already what he could do with some of the crap signings Wise made, so imagine what he'll do with his own players. Rumours were that one or two of the Donny players were heading to Leeds had they gone up, weakening one of our biggest rivals.

Think about your own team, rather than other teams. Some people seem to get more delight in a Col Ewe or Borient defeat, than a Southend win. Just look at who we're up against next season for the promotion places. Leicester, MK Dons, Peterboro, Leeds, all of whom will have money behind them to buy players. Then there will be teams who threatened for a while & fell away towards the end such as Carlisle, Tranmere, Oldham, Walsall, as well as Scunny & possibly Col Ewe.

Laugh at Leeds if you must, but Leeds might have the last laugh next season, by stopping Southend from going up!

Don't get me wrong - I love nothing more than a soutehnd win, and rarely take much interest in the results of the other teams but I was really pleased for Donny. They played us off the park, the only team to do this for some time, whilst Leeds have been angling for a sympathy vote all season. It was not my intention to have a go at Leeds, only to congratulate Donny, however, the opportunity was too good to miss

Looking at the bigger picture, todays result will mean only one automatic to play for.

If justice should be seen to be done, then Leeds, who won one less point than Swansea, would have already been up. Wet Spam cheated & were fined £5M when they should have been deducted points & relegated.

Leeds will be stronger & better under McAllister, who unlike the poison dwarf, Wise, has a great footballing brain. McAllister has shown already what he could do with some of the crap signings Wise made, so imagine what he'll do with his own players. Rumours were that one or two of the Donny players were heading to Leeds had they gone up, weakening one of our biggest rivals.

Think about your own team, rather than other teams. Some people seem to get more delight in a Col Ewe or Borient defeat, than a Southend win. Just look at who we're up against next season for the promotion places. Leicester, MK Dons, Peterboro, Leeds, all of whom will have money behind them to buy players. Then there will be teams who threatened for a while & fell away towards the end such as Carlisle, Tranmere, Oldham, Walsall, as well as Scunny & possibly Col Ewe.

Laugh at Leeds if you must, but Leeds might have the last laugh next season, by stopping Southend from going up!

Yeah but I would have expected Donny to be challenging next season aswell, it is not guaranteed Leeds will go up next season.

Tbh all this Leeds "hating" gets a bit boring and i'm not even sure some people know why they hate them!

Yeah but I would have expected Donny to be challenging next season aswell, it is not guaranteed Leeds will go up next season.

Tbh all this Leeds "hating" gets a bit boring and i'm not even sure some people know why they hate them!

They hate them because we are a little club and they are a big club, and some of the Leeds supporters make it known they are a big club. The Big Shrimp talks alot of sense IMO.

While everyone is hating Leeds, credit must go to there support today, 40,000 at Wembley is impressive support and they made some big racket at times.

Got back late yesterday. I really am not fussed now, after the Watford game i could'nt get excited by the game. And i was right not too. I don't feel there was alot in the game we were poor as we had been in the Carlisle first leg and never really looked like we wanted it. We had a few chances first half but if it wasn't for Casper we would have been behind. Second half we conceded a poor goal and then Doncaster did what we knew they would in keeping the ball and frustating. I have to say at times they played the ball well however i was dissapointed by their gamesminship(sp). I would like too send my best to all those Donny fans that were there from the darker days.
I have to say aswell that i am proud to be a LEEDS fan. We had nearly 55k there yesterday with more locked out. We were in good voice all day and there was no trouble i heard off. I left London for Suffok at half 9 and London was still a sea of White. Without sounding bitter in defeat i would like to mention how poorly orgaized the ground was. There were groups of Leeds all around and Doncaster in different places. Pre-planning would have meant everyone would have enjoyed their day more. Not long now at least untill i'm off to Dublin for pre-season and then on to Franchise fc et all

They hate them because we are a little club and they are a big club, and some of the Leeds supporters make it known they are a big club. The Big Shrimp talks alot of sense IMO.

While everyone is hating Leeds, credit must go to there support today, 40,000 at Wembley is impressive support and they made some big racket at times.

Spot on. The trouble is even the smallest of clubs can achieve huge things. If some on here put as much effort into helping your club then there are no limits. Sometimes in the same way a big club can put too much pressure on a team and expect the world a small club can put itself out and not achieve what it should do and excuse it because of the size.

Whys that mate?

Because I'd rather not be around when "mighty" Weeds take a footballing lesson from Ince and then take their frustrations that "oh, we were playing Valencia 8 years ago....boo hoo" out on the city centre and the concrete cows.

Hopefully we'll be playing Carslile or Stockport away...

Spot on Big Shrimp. After going to Donny and then watching yesterdays game I think both Leeds and Donny would have beaten us yesterday and the gulf between us at Donny was massive. I hope we step up to the plate next season cos the gap between the clubs coming down with money and the rest is going to get wider. If we lose Gower and Bailey I think mid-table beckons unless Tilly can unearth some unknown gems

Oh Rich whose upset you this morning?
It's not because Leeds lost yesterday is it

Spot on Big Shrimp. After going to Donny and then watching yesterdays game I think both Leeds and Donny would have beaten us yesterday and the gulf between us at Donny was massive. I hope we step up to the plate next season cos the gap between the clubs coming down with money and the rest is going to get wider. If we lose Gower and Bailey I think mid-table beckons unless Tilly can unearth some unknown gems

I think that Leeds would have tried to buy a few of the Donny if Leeds had gone up to the CCC, as McAllister would be looking for players who play it on the floor & that is what Donny do. I also think that a few other clubs would have been sniffing round & may still do so.

I was talking to a friend who suffered at Wembley yesterday & he can't wait for McAllister's clear out & buying in new players, which could mean Leeds might get off to a slow start next season. Apparently WBA are planning to buy Beckford for around the £3M mark. I bet Master Bates will snatch their hands off to get rid of that pile of sh!te, as I know my friend would!

The thing to remember is Bates is desperate to play AND beat Chelsea again!!!! He is 75-ish & will probably throw a fair amount of cash at next season. That said i doubt if the crowds will be as good, as I believe their ticket prices have gone up by some outrageous amount!

Oh Rich whose upset you this morning?
It's not because Leeds lost yesterday is it

Not at all I hate MK after freezing my nuts off a few seasons ago.

You forget I hate Ken Bates with a passion only matched for my hatred of Maggie T & Manure!

What a party that would be if Maggie & Bates were in the same car crash!! ;)

Have to agree with you on Ken Bates and in probability most of the Leeds fans will also

Tickets have risen by 20%. I think without checking a season ticket is about 600 quid in the Kop. I don't understand comments like MK Shrimpers, it may be because i am tired and hung over and i know the real reasons, but why people still can't resisit taking a pop gets to me today. There were a huge amount of Leeds yesterday, we have taking the most away anywhere this year and caused no trouble and people still refer to us as Dirty Leeds. I think its sad personally that people would be almost glad if it hasd kicked off just so they could say i told you so.
The thing is like Big Shrimp has said Bates is not well or young ans is desperate to be in the big boardrooms again. He is a man that lives by his ego and he does not want his swansong to be in the old third division.

I have to say at times they played the ball well however i was dissapointed by their gamesminship(sp).

The thing is, I do know why I hate Leeds, it's because when they had the best team in the land way back when, they still felt the need to kick lumps out of their opponents if they lost the ball, and they used to delight in showboating around fellow professionals when there was no need for it (Southampton at Elland Road sticks in my mind, for instance). And when I see them targetting Wellens and putting in 5 hard tackles on him in the first 15 minutes when fully aware that he was playing with an injury, accusations of gamesmanship from Donny ring a little hollow.

Funnily enough this doesn't mean that I automatically hate and despise all their fans, though, or am going to gloat over them. Perhaps a few seasons in League 1 will do them good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back