• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

JUSTICE in L1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe people call you dirty Leeds as you have had some of the scummiest player in history, still think your something a bit special, be-little all the other clubs around, have caused trouble whereever you go, and you and feel all the world owes you something.

Personally I do it as I hate Yorkshire and all the low life, scrounging *******s that come from there, Leeds as a place is a toilet of the highest order and I get sick of Nobheads coming onto a Southend board and boring the ****ing t1ts of me with talk of Leeds.....

Just an idea like......Hope this helps???

That is a very informed opinion. We are something special whether you like it or not. How many teams would take 55k plus fans to wembley for a league 1 final? I am proud to be part of that and nothing will ever change that, name instances of trouble then mate in the last year? The world owes us nothing and has always given us nothing. We have lost out on more trophies than most clubs will challenge for. Scummiest players of all time :D .
Leeds as a city is growing and expanding into one of the best and most visited in the country. There aren't many people that don't enjoy a day there whether they are shopping, clubbing or for the football.
I don't know what your problem is, maybe you were smacked by someone as a kid but i have to say what i have found of you the chances are you deserved it. You have been abusive on threads, by PM and in the rep. I would challenge you to find discussions started by Leeds fans on here about Leeds fans. There seems to be a few on here that think more about us then they claim too. How mnay threads has there been the last two days about us. Maybe you should look closer at home

Yes it does and the Big shrimp makes some good points but most people probably remember the Revie team for their cynicism, fouling and all round nastiness rather than their football. Without looking at any reference sites, I could probably have a good go at naming the side:
Sprake, Reany,Cooper, Hunter, Charlton, Lorimer, Bremner, Giles, Gray, Jones, Clarke - (where did Madely fit in?) but the side that won the top divison in 91/92 won what was probably a more competitive division and played some good stuff along the way, but other than maybe McAllister and Sterland and Batty I struggle to remember them. People alays remember the bad stuff not the good and as the man says once you get a "tag" its almost impossible to lose it.

Without checking i would add , Speed ,Cantona , Chapman, Lukic, chris whyte to that team .

Not being a know it all , but was a decent side and i remember them seasons between 91-93 as it had a few not so big teams fighting for top spot including Villa, sheff wed , norwich , Qpr .

Good to watch

name instances of trouble then mate in the last year?

Might have been just over a year ago but what about the leeds fans approuching all the Ipswich fans last season, intimidating them? or the problems leeds fans have caused over the play off final by purchasing donny tickets.
Thats two instances of trouble involving leeds, and im sure if i really thought about i could get a couple more.

Might have been just over a year ago but what about the leeds fans approuching all the Ipswich fans last season, intimidating them? or the problems leeds fans have caused over the play off final by purchasing donny tickets.
Thats two instances of trouble involving leeds, and im sure if i really thought about i could get a couple more.

What trouyble was caused by them buying Donny tickets? There were 15k empty seats, the Leeds fans all stood together PEACEFULLY. At the Ipswich game there was no actual violence, there were a few few things thrown but no more than have been chucked at us this year. Intimidating is what Elland Road is all about sadly that day some took it to far

Stan Collymore has just talked us up on the radio. I believe he has posted on here before so if you do read this cheers. You took alot of stick of us in the past but to see past that takes a bigger man. Oh and your devolping into a top pundit. :goodun:

What trouyble was caused by them buying Donny tickets? There were 15k empty seats, the Leeds fans all stood together PEACEFULLY. At the Ipswich game there was no actual violence, there were a few few things thrown but no more than have been chucked at us this year. Intimidating is what Elland Road is all about sadly that day some took it to far

Why was there 15k empty seats, because Donny had to hault sales because of leeds fans buying there tickets, or so im lead to believe, if thats wrong then so be it. Intimidating is a difffrent kettle of fish to what happened that day, no football ground should be that way towards fans to players is understandable as intimidation can win games in some cases, but to treat fellow football fans like that is pure scum, and all because something that overall was the clubs fault

Why was there 15k empty seats, because Donny had to hault sales because of leeds fans buying there tickets, or so im lead to believe, if thats wrong then so be it. Intimidating is a difffrent kettle of fish to what happened that day, no football ground should be that way towards fans to players is understandable as intimidation can win games in some cases, but to treat fellow football fans like that is pure scum, and all because something that overall was the clubs fault

They DID NOT have to halt tickett sales. if your going to argue a point at least know what it is. Like i said before it wasn't pretty that day against Ipswich but there was only 6 coppers at one stage if the idiots had wanted to attack the tractor boys they could have and that would have been truly awful. They only however looked "hard" stood behind coppers singing Marching on Together when in truth we don't want them anywhere near the ground. If thats the worst trouble you have seen, heard your a lucky man.

This is another Leeds point of view on yesterday. This sums up the majority of us and is in response to a Donny fan.

Whether or not you call them a tinpot club, the fact is that the football league relies on these 'tinpot' clubs to create competition, and they are only rendered inferior by the standard of clubs who have consistently been in the higher echelons of the league.

It is clubs like Doncaster, Stockport, Mansfield, Wycombe, Leyton Orient, Brentford, Macclesfield and countless others that show this country's unrivalled passion for the game of football. It takes a special degree of dedication to follow a club with absolutely no prospect of doing anything due to lack of resources year in, year out with renewed and incessant optimism.

Nowhere else in Europe would you find clubs in the third tier of football getting regular attendances of 9,000 (let alone 26,000).

Of course, at any football club, Leeds United included you have two different types of fan: one type who go week in, week out and who are generally level headed about events that occur and who are passionate. Then you have the idiot type who are just there when there is a sniff of glory and whose only purpose is to brag and involve themselves in playground battles.

The guy in the opening post is magnanimous and gracious in victory and speaks a lot of sense. He doesn't deserve any type of abuse or criticism for that. He doubtless knows that the chances are that we will pass the on the way up sooner or later.

Lastly, although this is a humbling period for Leeds United Football Club, this low of having to play in the thirs tier will do us a lot of good and allow us to sympathise and empathise with the plight of much smaller clubs who may never even taste second tier football. It will make it all the sweeter when we do return to more glorious times and not sweet in the sense that we can brag to Carlisle and Doncaster and Watford, but sweet for ourselves.

This club has been through a hell of a nightmare recently but we should remind ourselves that what we are enduring is nothing compared to the smaller clubs that exist. Let them have their day in the sun. They deserve it. Doncaster certainly do, for they played attractive football, went out of the league 10 years ago until 4 years ago and now remarkably find themselves in the Championship - a rise that would still exceed our return to the top flight.

And afterall, lest we forget that prior to the 1960's we had never won a trophy or even come close to challenging until 1965; and prior to the late 50's we were as small as the likes of Doncaster.

Well done Doncaster. You deserve your 'glory.' Ours will come soon enough (we are undoubtedly heading in the right direction). Billy will be proud of our club this season, and he will be equally proud of his other club Doncaster's achievement.

They DID NOT have to halt tickett sales. if your going to argue a point at least know what it is. Like i said before it wasn't pretty that day against Ipswich but there was only 6 coppers at one stage if the idiots had wanted to attack the tractor boys they could have and that would have been truly awful. They only however looked "hard" stood behind coppers singing Marching on Together when in truth we don't want them anywhere near the ground. If thats the worst trouble you have seen, heard your a lucky man.

Read the whole thing mate, i did say if i was wrong then so be it, obviously that shows i was just going on what i have been told before you go jumping the gun.
Another thing, i did not say once that it was the worst bit of trouble i have ever seen, far from it but it would seem that it was leeds fans at their best, playing the victim and blaming other people when the mainstream of their problems and punishment lies inside of the club. Thats my opinion of the club.

Read the whole thing mate, i did say if i was wrong then so be it, obviously that shows i was just going on what i have been told before you go jumping the gun.
Another thing, i did not say once that it was the worst bit of trouble i have ever seen, far from it but it would seem that it was leeds fans at their best, playing the victim and blaming other people when the mainstream of their problems and punishment lies inside of the club. Thats my opinion of the club.

Sorry mate. Just used to accusing fingers. Please explain where i blam anyone else, sorry for jumping :doh:

Justice? Maybe. But I'd prefer to be facing Doncaster rather than Leeds next season. A club scorned and all that. They WILL come back stronger.

Nowhere else in Europe would you find clubs in the third tier of football getting regular attendances of 9,000 (let alone 26,000).

Not quite true these German 3rd tier clubs averaged well over 9,000 last season :-
Braunschweiger TSV Eintracht 14,105
TSV Fortuna Düsseldorf 12,965
SC Rot-Weiß Essen 10,412
1. FC Dynamo Dresden 9,979
1. FC Magdeburg 9,858

In Italy 2 clubs:-
Salernitana Calcio 11,524
Hellas Verona FC 10,864

I have to admit you will be hard pushed to find anyone else in the world getting an average crowd of 26,546 in the 3rd tier, so well done Leeds on that point. Actually just found that Napoli averaged 37.080 in the 3rd tier in 2004/5 season and had a highest crowd of 62,058. Come on Leeds you must do better!!!!!!!!!!!

The average crowd in League 1 last season was 7,992. 19 League 1 clubs had a lower average than the season before. http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

Last edited:
Not quite true these German 3rd tier clubs averaged well over 9,000 last season :-
Braunschweiger TSV Eintracht 14,105
TSV Fortuna Düsseldorf 12,965
SC Rot-Weiß Essen 10,412
1. FC Dynamo Dresden 9,979
1. FC Magdeburg 9,858

In Italy 2 clubs:-
Salernitana Calcio 11,524
Hellas Verona FC 10,864

I have to admit you will be hard pushed to find anyone else in the world getting an average crowd of 26,546 in the 3rd tier, so well done Leeds on that point.

The average crowd in League 1 last season was 7,992. 19 League 1 clubs had a lower average than the season before. http://www.european-football-statistics.co.uk/attn.htm

Not me this time. Just passing the message on, however i think most League 1 clubs have seen their highest attendances and as such the figures are up this year.

Not me this time. Just passing the message on, however i think most League 1 clubs have seen their highest attendances and as such the figures are up this year.

Yes most clubs had their highest crowd against Leeds, but 19 clubs still had a lower average than the previous season.

Yes most clubs had their highest crowd against Leeds, but 19 clubs still had a lower average than the previous season.

Do we put that down to prices or what? Surely the cost of premiership football should be encouraging the rise in open terraces, p*ss*ng outside and lower league football?

That is a very informed opinion. We are something special whether you like it or not. How many teams would take 55k plus fans to wembley for a league 1 final? I am proud to be part of that and nothing will ever change that, name instances of trouble then mate in the last year?

Quite a few reports on the Doncaster Rovers forum of Leeds fans attacking/abusing Doncaster fans before and after the game.
http://www.vikingsc.co.uk/donny.mpl?id=236309
http://www.vikingsc.co.uk/donny.mpl?id=235826

Last edited:
Quite a few reports on the Doncaster Rovers forum of Leeds fans attacking/abusing Doncaster fans before and after the game.
http://www.vikingsc.co.uk/donny.mpl?id=236309
http://www.vikingsc.co.uk/donny.mpl?id=235826

Don't get me wrong i'm sure someone got a smack somewhere, i am however cautious of believing what i read on the internet. The demand is high for tales of Leeds beatings and there have been alot of works of fiction this year.
The heard one story of a group of Donny fans at a service station somewhere that started singing "we all hate Leeds scum" at a small group of Leeds not realising that the service station was full. They weren't attacked but they got a fair amount of stick, rightly so.
Sunday i worked down Wembley way, full of Leeds fans who stayed to applaud both teams, alongside Donny fans and people were wishing them well or keeping silent.

Last edited:
Thanks for the best wishes for Donny. We were the better team on the day, with a proven striker which we need for next season, we would have won 3-0. L**ds were poor on the day, if they don't change personnel and tactics they won't trouble the better teams in L1, as Rovers found them out on Sunday, so will Southend, Carlilse, Leicester. All the best to Southend next season I think you will follow Rovers into the CCC.

That is a very informed opinion. We are something special whether you like it or not. How many teams would take 55k plus fans to wembley for a league 1 final? I am proud to be part of that and nothing will ever change that, name instances of trouble then mate in the last year? The world owes us nothing and has always given us nothing. We have lost out on more trophies than most clubs will challenge for. Scummiest players of all time :D .
Leeds as a city is growing and expanding into one of the best and most visited in the country. There aren't many people that don't enjoy a day there whether they are shopping, clubbing or for the football.
I don't know what your problem is, maybe you were smacked by someone as a kid but i have to say what i have found of you the chances are you deserved it. You have been abusive on threads, by PM and in the rep. I would challenge you to find discussions started by Leeds fans on here about Leeds fans. There seems to be a few on here that think more about us then they claim too. How mnay threads has there been the last two days about us. Maybe you should look closer at home

Thanks for your fantastic phsyco-analysis......Super stuff - A really great read.

Maybe I just come on this board to talk about Southend and I am bored ****less hearing about Leeds ****ing United...

You did well to take 55k to Wembley yes well done - Big time...any one who reckons themselves a big sized club would have done pretty much the same so no :clap: there..You are also Englands third city and are the largest single city team with one club in the UK. Hardly an achievement is it?

Trouble in the last year - yes ask Millwall they will say how nice you were - Smashed up all the buses there fans were on. What about attacking Ipswich fans at home the year they sent you down? They like you dont they. Leeds fans jailed for fighting in Brighton a few years ago....Luton away...Mmmm must I go on.Enjoy the wonders of you tube..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PpDCHuZPDjQ

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbohHU_x1OA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIBNIrN3lPQ&feature=related

When people say Leeds is developing - let me let you into a little secret my grim northern pedigree chum Developing = ****.

For example The Developing World = Its a crap hole, Estate agents say the area is developing which means its a toliet.....Its good compared the the rest of Yorkshire not that that is hard to compete against...

Finally you have PM'd me a few times crying about my repping you and not the other way round you (Well i would say Northern but you clearly are a glory fan from Suffolk) tool. If you dont like the reply dont send the first message.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back