• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Question Favourite Restaurant?

What is your favourite restaurant?

• Harvester

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • Beefeater

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • T.G.I Friday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Frankie and Bennies

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Nando's

Votes: 11 28.2%
  • Aroma

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Other, please specify

Votes: 15 38.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
id much rather go to an independent restaurant than a chain. in my experience the chain just care about your money & getting the next customer in. the independent restaurant care more for service for the customer & quality of your food.

We've done this before, but I'd point people in the direction of The Royal Thai in Benfleets, would also recommend a ring stinger from the Tandoori Parlour.

Had a takeaway from there a few months back, and wasn't overly impressed..

as for other restaurants mentioned on here,

The Hawk in Battlesbridge is a very good.

I want to go to Farthings as I've heard good things about it, but it's not even open on a Sunday!

For a Ruby, and I'm not a massive Ruby fan, The Shagor is a safe bet.

La Tasca is good, though I think the Southend one isn't that good.

Nando's is crap in my view as well.

Anyone been to the Outback Steakhouse in Basildon??

just to add, went to Toulouse on the seafront on Saturday and it was excellent

I am off there Friday, Stephane is a great Chef.

Can't wait, Toulouse would be my favourite restaurant but from the list above I do like Nandos as I love my chilis and the food is actually quite healthy for a fast food place.

I am off there Friday, Stephane is a great Chef.

Can't wait, Toulouse would be my favourite restaurant but from the list above I do like Nandos as I love my chilis and the food is actually quite healthy for a fast food place.

Yeah my dad was banging on about the old Stefan's restaurant, a shame I didn't ever go.

Jade Palace Wickford, all you can eat chinese but you order from menu and it's all cooked fresh and brought to you, quality food and very reasonable :clap:

Of them, Nandos- but a good place for some Italian food is ASK, decent prices as well.

The one in York is amazing. When we played Leeds in the CCC away (miserable day) we stayed in York and went their.

Located in a lavish hall with huge roman-esque columns. Over a hundred tables. Plenty of staff and a buzzing atmosphere.

Anyone been to this ASK in York?

Would recommend it.

South of the border has to be La Gavroche, Marble Arch, London unbeatable for a one of treat, amazing surroundings, superb individual service and the food.......incredible.
The the owner (Michel Roux) is a really nice guy who takes time to discus your views on the food that his 3 Michelin Star (first in the UK) restaurant has provided for you. Ideal place for a special occasion.

http://www.le-gavroche.co.uk/

North of the border is even easier, Bistro Verde on the Green, Aberdeen. It is predominantly a fish restaurant but cater for all tastes, it is very exclusive with only 8/10 covers. again the service is very personal and the food is just like your mum would serve up for you.

http://www.myvillage.com/aberdeen/places/9668-bistro-verde/

Anyone been to the Outback Steakhouse in Basildon??

Forgot all about the Outback. Lovely steak in there and the beer comes in massive frosted jars. bit pricey, but well worth it. top notch gaff imo

Back