• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Agree with a pacey CF, nothing against the 3 (4 incl Williams) that we have, but a strong pacey CF would be handy. As for RB, im a huge fan of O'Neill, think he will be our RB for many years to come, and we still have White as backup, even Lenny if required.

Loads of those floating about in League 1

I said before the season we'd get promoted this year and have seen nothing to make me think that I was wrong.

i think i said we'd finish 9th which i'd be more than delighted with.

we've made a solid start. there will be periods of good form and bad form ahead and we shouldn't go crazy when one or the other happens.
if we sort out our home form we could be in with a shout of promotion. if we lose our touch away we'll be in trouble so we'll see. i'm hopeful of the former but i always think we can win every game until we can't.

one thing i think is important is getting young players into the team. we seem to have done that so far which is brilliant. i'd like to see Ted Smith sign a new contract and us look to get Payne a bit more involved to see what he's about at this level.

if we keep Bentley then great, but if not he's done great for us.

so far so good, there will be ups and downs but if we finish around where we are now at the end of the season then job done

10th after 10 games is terrific, especially as we've settled in the division and gained confidence.

Also good to see players like Deegan & Prosser prove they are good enough despite many (including me) having their doubts.

Hope to see Payne & Wordsworth have an impact.

We look good enough to survive in this league which is a definite positive. To threaten the top 6 we need to be more than 'hard to beat' and need the quality/creativity I believe we have in the squad to show itself. I'm talking about in particular Wordsworth, Worrell, Hunt, Leonard, Coker & Macca. How it's brought out of them I don't know (Coker aside as he's already doing it) that's up to PB. But I think the talent is there for us to aim for the playoffs.

Deegan may be the missing cog but I fear his tough way of tackling Will soon see him suspended or a straight red .As most refs wont put up with his kind of tackle .Hope I'm wrong

Deegan may be the missing cog but I fear his tough way of tackling Will soon see him suspended or a straight red .As most refs wont put up with his kind of tackle .Hope I'm wrong

It's a gamble. His ball-winning might protect the defence - that's his job - but you can't do that if you play like a care-bear!

People talking about promotion is as bad as people talking about relegation after 3 games. Pretty confident we will stay up but we don't have promotion quality throughout our squad. Love to be proved wrong though.

I think after a bit of tinkering by both managers Colchester and Southend are doing very well, if this form keeps up over the next 3 months the derby will be one hell of a game! We have a tough game Saturday at home to Bury who have the amazing record of 13 wins and 3 draws in their last 16 league away games.

People talking about promotion is as bad as people talking about relegation after 3 games. Pretty confident we will stay up but we don't have promotion quality throughout our squad. Love to be proved wrong though.

No I dont see us being up there either.

We have had a great little run, but Peterborough were woeful, Crewe havent won at home since March, Scunthorpe havent won away in yonks and Millwall we scored the only two shots we had on target. WE would need to get results against better teams than those to get promotion.

That sounds all very negative, but its still a great achievement and we have done well to get those results anyway, If we were relegation fodder we would have never got those wins. However I dont see us having enough in our locker to keep pushing up, but like you Id be delighted to be proven wrong.

i think i said we'd finish 9th which i'd be more than delighted with.

we've made a solid start. there will be periods of good form and bad form ahead and we shouldn't go crazy when one or the other happens.
if we sort out our home form we could be in with a shout of promotion. if we lose our touch away we'll be in trouble so we'll see. i'm hopeful of the former but i always think we can win every game until we can't.

one thing i think is important is getting young players into the team. we seem to have done that so far which is brilliant. i'd like to see Ted Smith sign a new contract and us look to get Payne a bit more involved to see what he's about at this level.

if we keep Bentley then great, but if not he's done great for us.

so far so good, there will be ups and downs but if we finish around where we are now at the end of the season then job done

your wish is granted effendi

For purely survival in this division we just need 4 teams who are worse than we are...and there are plenty of candidates for that. However we are better than "just scraping survival" and I think the position we find ourselves now in is good for pushing on for as high as we can - even the play-offs. We know we will probably need further quality additions next season ...but hey we have been promoted in subsequent seasons before so we have a good record.

Back