• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maybe, but I can watch the season highlights on my TV via YouTube, and I can watch all three playoff matches in their entirely in HD via my Sky box. I also have a 55 inch screen, and if the picture is poor on non HD, that poor quality will be magnified on a screen that big.

If there was a blu ray version then it would be worth it, but without it, it's not worth the money.

They could put it on Blu Ray but if the original video camera actually recording the match is not great then it won't make a difference.

It actually doesn't make any sense and far less cost effective to put it on Blu Ray.

Ha!.Amost certainly I'd say.

Whenever I've ordered anything from the club shop in the past, it's cost me a tenner or so in postage (very often,as in this case,more than the cost of the item).

Stop whinging man, the weekend is almost upon us. You comes across as a miserable soul! I'm sure that's not the case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Maybe, but I can watch the season highlights on my TV via YouTube, and I can watch all three playoff matches in their entirely in HD via my Sky box. I also have a 55 inch screen, and if the picture is poor on non HD, that poor quality will be magnified on a screen that big.

If there was a blu ray version then it would be worth it, but without it, it's not worth the money.

Seeing as you have the HD versions I take it you will be producing a blu ray copy of all three playoff matches and making this available to buy then??

Probably because it was him that put it together, at no expense, for the club, so your criticism is bound to feel personal to him!

As it goes, I don't think we've ever released a DVD that is anything other than bog standard, surprised you think there ought to have been other versions available, to be honest. I wonder if any other L1 or L2 clubs do?

It's the price of a couple of pints, not really over the top in my opinion.

My criticism is of the decision not to do a BR version. That decision is nothing to do with AB, as far as I'm aware. Paid or otherwise, he did a job. What the club do with that job is not his issue.

However, given that the club have had him edit the season etc the extra cost of a BR version must be on the low side as all the hard work has already been done, and IMO that is a silly decision on their part.

They could put it on Blu Ray but if the original video camera actually recording the match is not great then it won't make a difference.

It actually doesn't make any sense and far less cost effective to put it on Blu Ray.

Probably, but at least the picture won't be blurred.

I always buy everything in Blu Ray and would never buy DVD, however for something like this which has a very narrow market I doubt it would be financially viable to produce on two different formats so can understand why it isnt.

I doubt most of the footage is worthy of it anyway.

This is so classic Shrimperzone. The club/Ayrshire Blue produce a DVD of our fantastic promotion season whether on blue ray or not is irrelevant to me. Ive bought my copy and picking up tomorrow so am unable to judge its quality, however, it amazes me that people fall out or disagree over something like this. Im hoping its of decent quality, the DVDs produced in the mid 2000s were good. Im just simply looking forward to reliving some of the highlights from last season.

Only on ShrimperZone would we find people who complain about the length of time an end of season DVD is produced by the club, and then when said DVD is finally released, people then complain that it isn't available in Blu Ray.......... :facepalm::nope:

I always buy everything in Blu Ray and would never buy DVD, however for something like this which has a very narrow market I doubt it would be financially viable to produce on two different formats so can understand why it isnt.

I doubt most of the footage is worthy of it anyway.

Partly agree. My argument is that the club haven't catered to my needs and I therefore won't be buying. Don't forget that all the editing has been done (and for free) so that extra cost of putting that on a Blu Ray disk instead of a DVD must be reasonably marginal.

Only on ShrimperZone would we find people who complain about the length of time an end of season DVD is produced by the club, and then when said DVD is finally released, people then complain that it isn't available in Blu Ray.......... :facepalm::nope:

Wrong. I mentioned it at the time that I hope they do a Blu Ray version.

Just to be clear, I'm not that bothered. I just think it would have been good.

Only on Shrimperzone could someone make a comment that it's a shame there isn't a Blu Ray version and have everyone jump down their throat. :facepalm::nope:

Wrong. I mentioned it at the time that I hope they do a Blu Ray version.

Just to be clear, I'm not that bothered. I just think it would have been good.

Only on Shrimperzone could someone make a comment that it's a shame there isn't a Blu Ray version and have everyone jump down their throat. :facepalm::nope:

In all fairness i doubt there are many clubs at our level that would produce DVDs in both formats. I would have thought that a majority buying the DVD wouldnt be bothered whether its Blue Ray or not. Im not techy minded so dont fully understand, but are you saying that you cant play a DVD in normal format, only in Blue Ray? if this is the case i understand your point, if not then why not just buy the DVD in the normal format. I see that you said somewhere that the club havnt catered for your needs, but surely if you are able to play a normal DVD then they have done just that. Not having a go at you personnally just trying to understand where there is a problme in this situation.

Probably, but at least the picture won't be blurred.

There would be no difference in picture quality because of the origin quality. You can't improve the original quality just by putting it on a Blu Ray disk.

In all fairness i doubt there are many clubs at our level that would produce DVDs in both formats. I would have thought that a majority buying the DVD wouldnt be bothered whether its Blue Ray or not. Im not techy minded so dont fully understand, but are you saying that you cant play a DVD in normal format, only in Blue Ray? if this is the case i understand your point, if not then why not just buy the DVD in the normal format. I see that you said somewhere that the club havnt catered for your needs, but surely if you are able to play a normal DVD then they have done just that. Not having a go at you personnally just trying to understand where there is a problme in this situation.

You can play it, but the quality is pretty poor, and that poor quality is magnified by the size of the screen.

I don't really get what all the fuss it about. I expressed disappointment because I would have really liked a copy, but I'm not going to buy one just to be disappointed by how it plays on my TV.

Most decent Blu Ray players upscale the quality of DVD's when you play them on it.

You can play it, but the quality is pretty poor, and that poor quality is magnified by the size of the screen.

I don't really get what all the fuss it about. I expressed disappointment because I would have really liked a copy, but I'm not going to buy one just to be disappointed by how it plays on my TV.

Doesn't bother me what the quality is like. Its more about the memories and what turned out to be a very enjoyable season. End of the day its your right whether you buy it or not and its not for anyone else to criticize you for it. End of the day its £10.

Doesn't bother me what the quality is like. Its more about the memories and what turned out to be a very enjoyable season. End of the day its your right whether you buy it or not and its not for anyone else to criticize you for it. End of the day its £10.

Agreed, but I have the matches saved on my Sky Box. There's no need to buy them and watch them in poor quality when I can watch them in HD anyway.

Agreed, but I have the matches saved on my Sky Box. There's no need to buy them and watch them in poor quality when I can watch them in HD anyway.

What every game? this is a highlights dvd of the whole season not three play off games

Back